Immortality

How deep is your grave

Greased

Guest OneThingImKing

No punchline needed, just:

'Til I Finally Died

Guest TheReaper

Funny how his wife in that Mail on Sunday article keeps claiming that he "feels great" and "is doing brilliantly" - I think whatever the stuff she's taking is called, she should definitely use less.

Funny how his wife in that Mail on Sunday article keeps claiming that he "feels great" and "is doing brilliantly" - I think whatever the stuff she's taking is called, she should definitely use less.

Compared to how he would have felt 6 months ago, then he probably does "feel great". Part of it is called "keeping spirits high", it makes it a lot bearable to deal with than if everyone around him walked around with faces that looked like a slapped arse

Guest Guest

If I had a pinmd for every time Ibe heard a family member say that a loved one is 'doing great' weeks or days before they died I would be rich ... :mellow:

If I had a pinmd for every time Ibe heard a family member say that a loved one is 'doing great' weeks or days before they died I would be rich ... :mellow:

Who's Ibe? Some Nigerian guy?

Who'se Ibe? Some Nigerian guy?

More to the point, what's a pinmd?

Who'se Ibe? Some Nigerian guy?

More to the point, what's a pinmd?

Pinmd? Possibly Nigerian fish http://www.striperso...m/u/44092/PinMd ?

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! I fucking give up trying to underline a link.

Edited by Paul Bearer
May the geeks that thought up a more awkward way to underline links balls fester and fall off!

Gibb claims his doctor says he's recovering "spectacularly well" : http://www.contactmu...rogress_1285784

The wording is strangely reminiscent of Ronnie James Dio's announcement that he'd "nearly defeated" stomach cancer.

Or when Paul Newman said he was "doing fine"

Guest Popfan

This is a very confusing report: http://www.presspart...esk/view/39221/

On 18/01/2012 his spokesman is forced to reveal that Robin is "very unwell" and "receiving regular chemotherapy and fighting hard" when he does not turn up at the charity event "Rock The House".

And just below that, his wife claims that "He is doing brilliantly. He feels good and he does not have any pain. He really is fantastic. He is determined to be at the unveiling of the Bomber Command Memorial in June and I am sure he will be there."

I find it also confusing that in some reports he has just undergone (finished) eight weeks of chemotherapy, while in others it sounds like he has to undergo yet another round of chemotherapy treatment.

What do you think? Whom do you believe more?

This is a very confusing report: http://www.presspart...esk/view/39221/

On 18/01/2012 his spokesman is forced to reveal that Robin is "very unwell" and "receiving regular chemotherapy and fighting hard" when he does not turn up at the charity event "Rock The House".

And just below that, his wife claims that "He is doing brilliantly. He feels good and he does not have any pain. He really is fantastic. He is determined to be at the unveiling of the Bomber Command Memorial in June and I am sure he will be there."

I find it also confusing that in some reports he has just undergone (finished) eight weeks of chemotherapy, while in others it sounds like he has to undergo yet another round of chemotherapy treatment.

What do you think? Whom do you believe more?

It's called "trying to keep a positive outlook"

Guest Popfan

According to www.coming-home.org.uk, the event will take place on 13th February. So being "incredibly weak" and "sleeping 14 hours a day" is - to put it in his wife's words - "brilliant"? "Fantastic", even?? I just knew there was something wrong with that statement. Thank God I'm neither in "brilliant" nor in "fantastic" shape. I think it'll take more than a miracle for him to find the strength to not only be there, but actually perform live on stage - I'm not holding my breath... In fact, on my personal death list, I just put him in pole position.

Guest Tofu

Wouldn't it be something if he croaked on stage? It would surely be a unique way to turn up his toes, even by deathlist standards.

Guest Popfan

Could you have a look at the two photos in today's Mirror article? http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2012/01/30/robin-gibb-i-ll-sing-how-deep-is-your-love-at-palladium-115875-23726697/

They claim that he was "pictured here for the first time in four months", but I frankly don't believe this. He looks much better than on the photos from the Alan Titchmarch show on 24.10.2011, when his weight had reportedly dropped to 97 lbs (44 kg). In the Mirror article they are talking about 8 stones (ca. 112 lbs, ca. 50,8 kg). I can't imagine that he has put on that much during the chemotherapy treatment, although in advanced stages liver cancer patients often also experience kidney failure, because the liver is no longer able to filter toxins from the blood stream. The kidney failure then results in a retention of fluid in the body.

I think the photos are from late summer 2011, around the time when this video of Robin and "The Soldiers" for the "Poppy Appeal Single" was taken:

http://www.robingibb.com/video/ive-gotta-get-a-message-to-you-with-the-soldiers/1524. It was uploaded on 12th October 2011.

On the photos in the Mirror article he is certainly thin, but not really exhausted, jaundiced or seriously ill looking as you'd might expect.

And besides, on the first photo you can even see that Robin is holding a picture frame showing a photo of "The Soldiers", and even the title of that charity single can be clearly red ('Gotta Get A Message To You').

Or maybe I'm wrong and they did a really good job at "photoshopping" him.

What do you think?

Guest Guest

Reading between the lines,it seems they no longer think he'll make it tio april.Thats why hes performing in 2 weeks instead.Very sad news :(

He looks much better than on the photos from the Alan Titchmarch show on 24.10.2011 ......

..... On the photos in the Mirror article he is certainly thin, but not really exhausted, jaundiced or seriously ill looking as you'd might expect.

What do you think?

He's probably on steroids. They can make ill people look deceptively healthy.

Could you have a look at the two photos in today's Mirror article? http://www.mirror.co...15875-23726697/

They claim that he was "pictured here for the first time in four months", but I frankly don't believe this. He looks much better than on the photos from the Alan Titchmarch show on 24.10.2011, when his weight had reportedly dropped to 97 lbs (44 kg). In the Mirror article they are talking about 8 stones (ca. 112 lbs, ca. 50,8 kg). I can't imagine that he has put on that much during the chemotherapy treatment, although in advanced stages liver cancer patients often also experience kidney failure, because the liver is no longer able to filter toxins from the blood stream. The kidney failure then results in a retention of fluid in the body.

I think the photos are from late summer 2011, around the time when this video of Robin and "The Soldiers" for the "Poppy Appeal Single" was taken:

http://www.robingibb...e-soldiers/1524. It was uploaded on 12th October 2011.

On the photos in the Mirror article he is certainly thin, but not really exhausted, jaundiced or seriously ill looking as you'd might expect.

And besides, on the first photo you can even see that Robin is holding a picture frame showing a photo of "The Soldiers", and even the title of that charity single can be clearly red ('Gotta Get A Message To You').

Or maybe I'm wrong and they did a really good job at "photoshopping" him.

What do you think?

ali2.jpg

Guest Popfan
He looks much better than on the photos from the Alan Titchmarch show on 24.10.2011 ......

..... On the photos in the Mirror article he is certainly thin, but not really exhausted, jaundiced or seriously ill looking as you'd might expect.

What do you think?

He's probably on steroids. They can make ill people look deceptively healthy.

Thanks for your opinion, Toast. I knew that steroids can CAUSE cancer, but now I've read up a bit on the subject. Apparently they are used in palliative care to make gravely ill people feel a little more energized. They can help combat the side effects of a chemotherapy but also cause you to retain water and thus "gain weight". And they are used to relieve liver capsule pain. Proper pain control may be the only thing they can do for him now. I saw him perform with "The Soldiers" on the Alan Titchmarch show and he sure was clutching his right side, like he was in pain.

Guest Tofu

When I saw the photo of him in that Mail on Sunday article from 22/01/2012 (http://www.mailonsun...-save-life.html), I first thought it must have been taken months ago. But looking closer, it seems he only appears not to be so very gaunt because he's quite swollen up, especially in the face. Could well be owed to the use of steroids, which are given during chemotherapy treatment more often than not.

I just got to get a message to Tofu and Popfan. Are you two sitting at the same PC?

• Like 1

Guest Tofu

No, we live at a campus in Germany and use the internet connection provided there. Our outbound connections probably use the same dsl router, and you probably noticed that the messages were coming from the same ip address.