Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

Who Should Be on the 2012 DeathList?

Im expecting to see Jaruzelski and Andy Williams. Hoping to see them pick Sassoon and Mubarak. And what does everyone think about Ethan Zohn? He may not be an appropriate pick for the DL, but Im having a hard time deciding whether or not to include him on mine.. I hear cancer that returns is a very bad sign and its in his chest.. around his lungs, but he is SO upbeat..

I'm not sure if the Committee* can put Mubarak on the list. There is a real chance he could be executed, and if he is that technically wouldn't be a hit - unless I am confusing my deathlist unwritten rules with the DDP rules?

*I am aware it is the Committee's list, and that they can do what they want - even move the goal post.

Ethan Zohn: Oh feck! I forgot all about him. I'm not sure about his obit chances. That asside, I can see no reason for not choosing him.

Wouldn't Mubarak count if he was sentenced later in the year? I can't remember if he's still in a coma or not.

Zohn might scrape an obit, I think the BBC did one on a contestant for Amazing Race a couple of months ago, so there's always a chance. But with Zohn's charity connections.... who knows

YESS!! LOL That was one of his several other tv appearances. He was a contestant with his girlfriend on the last season of the Amazing Race, unless you mean a European version. But yeah, I dont think he'll have obit trouble.

Zohn will surely get the kind of coverage that counts for DDP obit points. It never occured to me he wouldn't. My DDP first team is down to 22, him included, and I'm more likely to ditch the likes of Alf Pearson at the last minute than Zohn.

The Deathlist has often included a potential assassination candidate, like Karzai. What about an outside punt on former cricket legend Imran Khan? Popular opposition politicians in Pakistan aren't famed for their ability to live long enough to get elected. He's playing to packed crowds...at the moment!

Im expecting to see Jaruzelski and Andy Williams. Hoping to see them pick Sassoon and Mubarak. And what does everyone think about Ethan Zohn? He may not be an appropriate pick for the DL, but Im having a hard time deciding whether or not to include him on mine.. I hear cancer that returns is a very bad sign and its in his chest.. around his lungs, but he is SO upbeat..

I'm not sure if the Committee* can put Mubarak on the list. There is a real chance he could be executed, and if he is that technically wouldn't be a hit - unless I am confusing my deathlist unwritten rules with the DDP rules?

*I am aware it is the Committee's list, and that they can do what they want - even move the goal post.

Ethan Zohn: Oh feck! I forgot all about him. I'm not sure about his obit chances. That asside, I can see no reason for not choosing him.

Wouldn't Mubarak count if he was sentenced later in the year? I can't remember if he's still in a coma or not.

Zohn might scrape an obit, I think the BBC did one on a contestant for Amazing Race a couple of months ago, so there's always a chance. But with Zohn's charity connections.... who knows

YESS!! LOL That was one of his several other tv appearances. He was a contestant with his girlfriend on the last season of the Amazing Race, unless you mean a European version. But yeah, I dont think he'll have obit trouble.

I forget which version of Amazing Race it was, but it was someone who was in the first series / season of it that died a couple of months ago.

Zohn will get the Daily Mail "cover any bullshit that happens in the US celebrity-sphere to get website hits" obit and might even get some chinstroke stuff in yr Guardian and Independen because of his charity work. He is in no way a DL candidate though, unless their two lean years have got them hungry for low-hanging fruit in 2012.

I wanna see Chapman Pincher as a top 5 pick in 2012.

Could also throw Bill Woodson into the mix what with him being 95 next year

Several people have Herman Wouk in their lists, Woodson provided the narration for Winds of War.

He retired last year and until recently he was the voice for the Minnesota Twins commercials

I forget which version of Amazing Race it was, but it was someone who was in the first series / season of it that died a couple of months ago.

The contestant was Nancy Hoyt who raced with her daughter Emilie . The only place I heard about her passing a few weeks ago is message board for the show Amazing Race. Unless that show is a lot more popular in the UK I would say that's one of the more obscure people I can think of getting a Obit. If she got one I think Ethan would be close to a lock.

Shit, I forgot about Ethan Zohn. A good pick, but I wouldn't call him DeathList material.

Guest Guest

I think that everyone aged 90 and over from this years list should be kept on the 2012 list, to give them a 2nd chance to do the right thing

Welp, the list has leaked. Numbers one and two are as to be expected really, 37 and 38 are interesting additions that I'm sure we can get some coverage on, 42 is someone who I'm surprised we don't already have a thread for and I'm stunned that 48 has never been picked for the list before. The DL should break double figures this year, definitely.

Can you not just wait another 2 hours...honestly...

I am glad the committee followed my advice on adding Robin Gibb.

I broke my holiday from the computer just to glance at the new list. :) Some interesting choices: are Patrick MacNee or James Randi known to be sick?

I am not surprised Penny Marshall misses out as she didn't feel like a DL pick. I am surprised Clive James did, as he does, though the Committee may well suspect he shall see 2013.

A quick count of the folk I suspect they've 100% hit their mark on (famous last words) makes 14/50, which would equal the record I believe.

Though I am wary of Tariq Aziz. He is a frail old man, but there is every chance they'll get away with this executing lark. Executions don't equal hits do they?

Clive won a New Year's Honour yesterday. When I heard about it on the news I did think of him as a possible worthy candidate. I haven't heard anything about his health though.