Grim Reaper

Harper Lee

Confession time:

Who else didn't know she was white?

I only found that out relatively recently. Sometime late last year. Sorry, but if someone's only published novel is about the whole Southern US racism thing, you kind of expect her to be black? Or it's a fair expectation at least. And I dunno, Harper Lee just somehow sounds like it might be a black woman....

Confession time:

I only found that out relatively recently. Sometime late last year. Sorry, but if someone's only published novel is about the whole Southern US racism thing, you kind of expect her to be black? Or it's a fair expectation at least. And I dunno, Harper Lee just somehow sounds like it might be a black woman....

*raises hand...*

Confession time:

Your hat of shame is in the post.

Will it fit under my KKK hoodie?

• Like 1

Confession time:

*raises hand...*

Just checked her website and whilst it had little to tell me about her current state of health did inform me that she was descended from General Robert E Lee.

If you good ol boys had been paying attention you may have read my post from last year which discussed her heritage.

*raises hand...*

Did you just find out now.......?

*raises hand...*

No, I knew she was white, but it was when finding that out a few years ago that I assumed she wasn't until then...

Oh wait why did I just ask that when you have been sticking her profile picture up on the DDP site for the last 4 years. Haha..

Oh well, funny stuff anyway. I hope you aren't too cross with me Bibliogryphon. Like, so cross you're burning.

*raises hand...*

No, I knew she was white, but it was when finding that out a few years ago that I assumed she wasn't until then...

Another good example of how educational the Deathlist is. More people should do it.

Oh wait why did I just ask that when you have been sticking her profile picture up on the DDP site for the last 4 years. Haha..

Oh well, funny stuff anyway. I hope you aren't too cross with me Bibliogryphon. Like, so cross you're burning.

I'll let you off unless you are a potential UKIP Council candidate when I will tell the Daily Mirror.

• Like 1

I'm a potential UKIP anything. About the only UKIP thing I don't wanna be is one of Nigel Farage's fucks-on-the-side.

Confession time:

Once she became a reticent recluse there was a period when people assumed she was a bloke too.

• Like 1

From 8th July you will be able to enjoy TKAM on your Kindle (or other blasphemous e-readers)

You'll be able to hate it too, right? I mean, all they care about is selling copies, what you think afterwards is irrelevant.

Certainly. Even when you remain utterly indifferent, the sellers still accept your hard-earned cash with delight.

regards,

Hein

From 8th July you will be able to enjoy TKAM on your Kindle (or other blasphemous e-readers)

You'll be able to hate it too, right? I mean, all they care about is selling copies, what you think afterwards is irrelevant.

Certainly. Even when you remain utterly indifferent, the sellers still accept your hard-earned cash with delight.

regards,

Hein

I suppose I should read it before she dies. However I will find a paper copy.

regards,

Hein

Why? It makes little difference to either you or her if you wait till after she dies.

Confession time:

We studied TKAM at school for O Level (ask your dad), so I became aware of her existence, ethnicity and sex all at the same time.

I know what O-Levels are. Every single one of my teachers ever used the "We used to do O-levels in my day, y'know!" line in an attempt to sound like a wisened old character who's seen it all and remembers the day JFK died like it was yesterday.

Incidentally, the way Gove's going people like me will be having to explain to the kiddos what GCSEs were aren't we.

I know what O-Levels are. Every single one of my teachers ever used the "We used to do O-levels in my day, y'know!" line in an attempt to sound like a wisened old character who's seen it all and remembers the day JFK died like it was yesterday.

Incidentally, the way Gove's going people like me will be having to explain to the kiddos what GCSEs were aren't we.

Or indeed qualifications of any sort that haven't been paid for.

regards,

Hein

Why? It makes little difference to either you or her if you wait till after she dies.

I disagree, I think it would provide me with an imperative if I put it on a list of something to read at some time I proabably won't get round to it. If I have the looming spectre of her death towering over me it might give me more of an incentive.