Larry Pestilence III

The English Language

Yeah its sad but unfortunately true. That was my first post, I am new to this whole death list thing, but I'd say that wasn't to bad for a first timer, ehh? :rip:

• Like 1

Unfortunately it seems it was your first post that killed the language off!

I think that's what 'Magere' (!) was trying to point out.

DWB :rip:

Yeah its sad but unfortunately true. That was my first post, I am new to this whole death list thing, but I'd say that wasn't to bad for a first timer, ehh? :rip:

No, it's not bad, as in: I've seen worse.

Bad spelling apart, I think English is doing well. I've been told this Internet novelty means a real boost to its health.

Oh, and welcome to DeathList.

regards,

Hein

Hell, you beat Deathlist Boy.

Recently I have noticed that our language as we know it might be dead or alterd to something much more diverse in the year 2005. Or mabey even 2006, anyway sometime soon it will be something completely different then it use to be. I dont know if a language would be an acceptable pick for the death list, but I dont see why not?  :rip:

Eye doesnt ritely knowd what yews tawkin abouts thear aint nothing rawnged with the eenglesh langwidge thet eye parsonelley knowsd uv. cood yew maye bee ecksplane oar is that two much a trubble fore yew: Look awl eye are sayeing is that thear aint no porblum that any one round hears seed. soe yew thunks it mite been altered huh: Wow waht a consept.

Guest lived so lets die

We don't speak english anyway with words like destination, even the pound is foreign introduced by the romans. And a traditional english breakfast would of consisted of rice, we owe alot to foreigners because if it was'nt for black people. Our shops would still close at dinner time, but the black people introduced the convienience store which is sehrgut. :rip:

Yes indeed, a living language with many influences and sources.

Not a reason to bastardise it to death simply because of being too lazy or stupid to learn it properly.

The language of Shakespeare, Milton and the Bible.

Treat it with some respect, you buggers.

I did but prompt the age to quit their cloggs

By the known rules of antient libertie,

When strait a barbarous noise environs me

Of Owles and Cuckoes, Asses, Apes and Doggs.

As when those Hinds that were transform'd to Froggs

Raild at Latona's twin-born progenie

Which after held the Sun and Moon in fee.

But this is got by casting Pearl to Hoggs;

That bawle for freedom in their senceless mood,

And still revolt when truth would set them free.

Licence they mean when they cry libertie;

For who loves that, must first be wise and good;

But from that mark how far they roave we see

For all this wast of wealth, and loss of blood.

The Bible???? :rip:

The Bible????  :rip:

Yeah, it's from the Book of Whines.

Eh, NoSpud, that first line was meant as a stab at my nation, innit? :D

regards,

Hein

The language of Shakespeare, Milton and the Bible.

Treat it with some respect, you buggers.

I'm becoming quite convinced that there ought to be a new sarcasm guide, sarcasm definition or maybe even a little 'sarcastic' smilie to make things obvious for the less aware in our midst

I lean towards the smilie myself, a simple click would help smooth out potential kinks between language, culture and limited mental acuity.

:rip:

I lean towards the smilie myself, a simple click would help smooth out potential kinks between language, culture and limited mental acuity.

:rip:

--------------------

I have in my hand a piece of paper...

po.gif

Recently I have noticed that our language as we know it might be dead or alterd to something much more diverse in the year 2005. Or mabey even 2006, anyway sometime soon it will be something completely different then it use to be. I dont know if a language would be an acceptable pick for the death list, but I dont see why not?  :rip:

I hope the errors in your post and non-capitalised "e" in "english" in the title of the post were all intentional, yet subtle digs at the lacklustre standards to which we have become accustomed in online forums.

I frequent a few forums dedicated to writing in addition to this one. Unfortunately the spelling, punctuation and grammar is no better in those. :D

I just hope that the awful mish-mash of English that predominates the 'Net, does not become the defacto standard in coming years. Such is the fate of an evolving language like English.

Guest IYG

I could be missing something due to fatigue but since when is English the language of the bible?

Must be my fatigue, back to seeing Joan of Arc.

I've never been so tired I've hallucinated, you should take more care of yourself IYG. :rip:

Guest IYG

I've never been so tired I've hallucinated, you should take more care of yourself IYG. ;)

I think being in front of either a computer screen or a TV screen or both is causing me problems.

And I meant Joan of Arc (1948) with Ingrid Bergman.

I can tell you now, it's not gonna have a happy ending. ;)

Guest IYG
I can tell you now, it's not gonna have a happy ending. ;)

Actually it was a happy ending because it ended. Ingrid Bergman was just so wrong for the part and it's a shame a great director such as Victor Fleming made this as his last movie.

If I want to see a movie with a happy ending I'll see The Passion of The Christ. :banghead:

If I want to see a movie with a happy ending I'll see The Passion of The Christ. ;)

I'll wait for the over dubbed version. In English of course.

According to this source CARK is used throughout Deathlist erroneously.

I can tell you now, it's not gonna have a happy ending.  ;)

I've met Joan just a few weeks ago, in Rouen, France. Nice girl, but she got rather upset when I asked her for a light.

regards,

Hein

I've met Joan just a few weeks ago, in Rouen, France. Nice girl, but she got rather upset when I asked her for a light.

regards,

Hein

I guess there was a lot at stake.

Guest IYG

regards,

Hein

If I were awake longer than 30 minutes I'd probably burst out laughing, I just can't do it now.

It was funny though. ;)

Well done, eventually.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1