Guest Catherine

Billy Graham

Oh, now that looks like a Death Pool keeper. He's not nearly as bad as Pope JP2 toward his last days, but he's somewhere down the spiral.

Guest iain

maybe the stress of giving his last spech will hasten his departure.I wouldnt rule out hearing some news within days of interest...

His health seems to be going up and down recently.

Not sure how long ago the tv commercials for his current book were recorded, but he looks really healthy in those.

This link contains a video with audio that I can't check out at work, if anyone's interested.

Billy's currently on another team but if he makes it to March of 2007, he'll be one of my top rated prospects.

Why March exactly Deadsox?

Why March exactly Deadsox?

My Death League's season is March 1 to February 28 (or 29 in leap year). We get together to hold our draft (no two teams can have the same player) in late February.

Do you do it like a good old school football game, toss for first pick and just keep adding the players until every team is full?

Do you do it like a good old school football game, toss for first pick and just keep adding the players until every team is full?

Mary,

That's pretty much how we choose our draft pool. Although the previous year's winner picks last. This year we have 7 players all with 10 picks each. But a pretty poor showing on the choices we have. Just 3 hits out of a total of 70

Does the speccy fat kid always get chosen last? Maybe that would be a boon in your drafts though.

Mary,

That's pretty much how we choose our draft pool. Although the previous year's winner picks last. This year we have 7 players all with 10 picks each. But a pretty poor showing on the choices we have. Just 3 hits out of a total of 70

This week's issue of Newsweek has an interesting cover story about Billy Graham and his "twilight". Read the full article at newsweek.com. I have to say the picture does make him look really frail.

the previous year's winner picks last.

Apart from a slight handicap in the next competition does the winner - like - win anything?

the previous year's winner picks last.

Apart from a slight handicap in the next competition does the winner - like - win anything?

This year we have 18 people playing, each person throws in $10 and the winner collects the lot.

Although next year as a number of people lost interest halfway through the year, we'll be changing it slightly

The winner will collect 2/3rds of the pot

2nd place takes 2/3rds of the remaining 1/3rd

and 3rd place takes the rest

So if we have 18 people again next year it would be as follows

1st Place:- $120

2nd Place:- $40

3rd Place:- $20

This week's issue of Newsweek has an interesting cover story about Billy Graham and his "twilight". Read the full article at newsweek.com. I have to say the picture does make him look really frail.

Here is a link to the article:

Billy Graham

Phantom

If you had a winning entrant from the poorest third world countries in that dead pool s/he could double his/her annual salary!

Billy Graham

Interesting article, I read it online. Billy does look really feeble in the picture and pale. The article also referred to him sleeping in a hospital bed at home. When someone sleeps in a hospital bed at that age, they ususally do not survive very long, especially with cancer. Let's keep an eye on him my friends.

We pick from a hat to determine draft order but the order reverses after every round, e.g. 1,2,3 then 3,2,1. When you get a major league hit, everyone else pays you $10. Minor leaguers are worth $5. At the end of the season, the team that wins the most money is the champion and gets another $10 from everyone. We also get to draft a new free agent whenever there's a hit.

Billy Graham

Interesting article, I read it online. Billy does look really feeble in the picture and pale. The article also referred to him sleeping in a hospital bed at home. When someone sleeps in a hospital bed at that age, they ususally do not survive very long, especially with cancer. Let's keep an eye on him my friends.

Well it's usual for an elderly person to take naps, they can be lost and stranded on an island, they can be on a plane or on a train, they could be visiting with there children or visiting the president on the United States, once you get to that age I take it as being automatic. He is getting older, but after I read a recent artical I think he may have just a few years left in him. Although to keep it safe I strictly demand his presence on every single list untill were sure that he is deceased.

Happy 88th Birthday to Mr. Graham, who is still milling about in his robotic-like way!

Graham to host televison program this holiday season.

Can't the gods provide a miracle for once and drop a 16 ton weight on him?

regards,

Hein

We hope that you will come home for the holidays this year by reconnecting with the ones you love and those who love you. And don't forget to connect with the God who unconditionally loves us all.

Oi Billy, are you listening? That means you've got an appointment with Saint Peter - like - this year!

Rev Billy Graham

I'm going to try and find out what time his Christmas Special is on tonight and get back to you on this one. CarolAnn - this is a job for you, because I KNOW he'll be on in Texas (they're pre-empting something else for it an atheists got all pissy)

Oh man, CP, you owe me for this. An atheist watching a Billy Graham Christmas Special - and having to watch the whole damn thing. :P

He wasn't on it. The only thing they showed of him was a taped evangelistic hoorah that was held July 9th in Camden Yards. No Billy Christmas message or anything. The special was pretty much done by his son.

I have to go take a shower now.