Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2014

A deathless week in a dull dull race. A serious question to keep us amused for a bit. With 318 points on offer today (and the total dropping by one a day), will anyone actually hit the magic 2014 pts for the year? We've called winners before 16 Feb in previous Deathrace competitions.

Current scoreboard:

Maryportfuncity - 718

Rotten Ali - 713

Uschi - 669

MSC - 358

Toast - 358

Damon Killian - 354

Death Impends - 348

Has there been a winnerless year yet?

A deathless week in a dull dull race. A serious question to keep us amused for a bit. With 318 points on offer today (and the total dropping by one a day), will anyone actually hit the magic 2014 pts for the year? We've called winners before 16 Feb in previous Deathrace competitions.

Current scoreboard:

Maryportfuncity - 718

Rotten Ali - 713

Uschi - 669

MSC - 358

Toast - 358

Damon Killian - 354

Death Impends - 348

Has there been a winnerless year yet?

Yep, the breathing celebs beat us to a standstill in 2010.

Oh look, a tumbleweed!

Where?

Alice Herz-Sommer brings an end to the drought. Surprised I'm alone on picking her, given how Methuselahs are quite popular in the Deathrace. (nvm, see Chorizo has her as well, but listed twice separately in the list)

Also noticed, while browsing through the Master List to see if any deaths slipped through the cracks, that Larry D. Mann (died Jan 6) was on there.

Cheers

No major changes, but at least there is some change:

Scoreboard

Maryportfuncity - 718

Rotten Ali - 713

Uschi - 669

Whitehouse - 359

MSC - 358

Toast - 358

Damon Killian - 354

Death Impends - 348

Captain Chorizo - 309

Cheers

Scoreboard

Maryportfuncity - 718

Rotten Ali - 713

Uschi - 669

Whitehouse - 359

MSC - 358

Toast - 358

Damon Killian - 354

Death Impends - 348

Captain Chorizo - 309

The excitement of this year's deathrace is comparable to watching the Winter Olympics.

Cheers

Scoreboard

Maryportfuncity - 718

Rotten Ali - 713

Uschi - 669

Whitehouse - 359

MSC - 358

Toast - 358

Damon Killian - 354

Death Impends - 348

Captain Chorizo - 309

The excitement of this year's deathrace is comparable to watching the Winter Olympics.

Bit harsh on the Winter Olympics IMHO. At this rate we'll still be discussing possible winners at this year's DLCon in Canterbury.

Thursday is 300 day.

MPFC & RA can win with five hits before 15 April.

Come on you can do it.

Heaven knows it's been slow of late.

But I'm sure we are due for a big hitting week before Easter.

Well this is getting tedious... I'll watch from the sidelines as we slowly drift towards no-one can win point (24th September).

Well this is getting tedious... I'll watch from the sidelines as we slowly drift towards no-one can win point (24th September).

I may be wrong but I calculate the no-win point as being currently 23 October for the two leaders.

This time last year I scored my first ever Deathrace points for Hugo Chavez but I think he caused the winners to cross the finish line.

Something has got to happen soon.

Hasn't it?

I may be wrong but I calculate the no-win point as being currently 23 October for the two leaders.

This time last year I scored my first ever Deathrace points for Hugo Chavez but I think he caused the winners to cross the finish line.

Hasn't it?

One can only hope so. Re Biblio's point above, it'd be bad form for me to win, I've always seen my job as looking keen and congratulating the worthy winner who strolled over the line with inspired picking.

I think the unexpected good health of Wilko Johnson and Billy Graham (who looked like a cert to go very early). But there's lots of talent ready to topple, surely.

Hasn't it?

One can only hope so. Re Biblio's point above, it'd be bad form for me to win, I've always seen my job as looking keen and congratulating the worthy winner who strolled over the line with inspired picking.

I think the unexpected good health of Wilko Johnson and Billy Graham (who looked like a cert to go very early). But there's lots of talent ready to topple, surely.

I do not think you should be embaressed about winning. I have a similar dilemma for my work game going into the Autumn for the past three years I have had a healthy lead but have been pipped at the post by another player. It helps to maintain my integrity.

I for one do not think you are cheating!

Hasn't it?

I do not think you should be embaressed about winning. I have a similar dilemma for my work game going into the Autumn for the past three years I have had a healthy lead but have been pipped at the post by another player. It helps to maintain my integrity.

I for one do not think you are cheating!

Cheers Biblio, I'd love to text more but I'm currently hiding in the bushes outside Brinsworth House with a large meat cleaver a tub of Ricin. Not cheating, like, it's the way they want it.

Note to self - in 2015, instead of picking excitingly old folk, pick decrepit old folk.

• Like 1

At last, some action, four teams net 292 points and Ali hits four figures on the scoreboard to take the lead:

Scoreboard

Rotten Ali - 1005

Maryportfuncity - 718

Uschi - 669

Toast - 650

Whitehouse - 359

MSC - 358

Damon Killian - 354

Death Impends - 348

Captain Chorizo - 309

Estuarian Float - 296

Bibliogryphon - 292

The Engineer - 292

• Like 1

At last, some action, four teams net 292 points and Ali hits four figures on the scoreboard to take the lead:

Scoreboard

Rotten Ali - 1005

Maryportfuncity - 718

Uschi - 669

Toast - 650

Whitehouse - 359

MSC - 358

Damon Killian - 354

Death Impends - 348

Captain Chorizo - 309

Bibliogryphon - 292

The Engineer - 292

I've decided to set up a dick dastardly trap just as someone is about to cross over 2014 points.

muttley_gq_9mar11_rex_b.jpg

Scoreboard

Rotten Ali - 1005

Maryportfuncity - 718

Uschi - 669

Toast - 650

Whitehouse - 359

MSC - 358

Damon Killian - 354

Death Impends - 348

Captain Chorizo - 309

Bibliogryphon - 292

The Engineer - 292

I've decided to set up a dick dastardly trap just as someone is about to cross over 2014 points.

muttley_gq_9mar11_rex_b.jpg

and we all know how that turns out....

Points for me, for Fred Phelps.

"Many DeathList successes bring with them some sadness, so it’s all the more pleasing when we have a success with a candidate who is generally accepted as evil."

The front page, on Botha.

Just comes to mind for some reason.

With MSC now moving up the old scoreboard too things look like this, or have I missed owt?

Scoreboard

Rotten Ali - 1005

Maryportfuncity - 718

Uschi - 669

Toast - 650

MSC - 645

Whitehouse - 359

Damon Killian - 354

Death Impends - 348

Captain Chorizo - 309

Estuarian Float - 296

Bibliogryphon - 292

The Engineer - 292

With MSC now moving up the old scoreboard too things look like this, or have I missed owt?

Scoreboard

Rotten Ali - 1005

Maryportfuncity - 718

Uschi - 669

Toast - 650

MSC - 645

Whitehouse - 359

Damon Killian - 354

Death Impends - 348

Captain Chorizo - 309

Estuarian Float - 296

Bibliogryphon - 292

The Engineer - 292

Seriously thought you meant Michael Schumacher for a second there! Haha..... had to check the news just in case you were somehow the first and only one to report it.

The update, looks like last week's update:

Scoreboard

Rotten Ali - 1005

Maryportfuncity - 718

Uschi - 669

Toast - 650

MSC - 645

Whitehouse - 359

Damon Killian - 354

Death Impends - 348

Captain Chorizo - 309

Estuarian Float - 296

Bibliogryphon - 292

The Engineer - 292

The update, looks like last week's update:

Scoreboard

Rotten Ali - 1005

Maryportfuncity - 718

Uschi - 669

Toast - 650

MSC - 645

Whitehouse - 359

Damon Killian - 354

Death Impends - 348

Captain Chorizo - 309

Estuarian Float - 296

Bibliogryphon - 292

The Engineer - 292

FFS! Is the above true, again, or am I missing a qualifying stiff somewhere in the last week?