Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2014

Never thought that Mickey Rooney would be my FIRST HIT in APRIL!

But finally: A hit! :party:

http://variety.com/2...-93-1201153308/

Sorted, but nobody else had him, so the leaders are still where they were. This is the DEARTHrace!

Oops.

Sue Townsend for my team.

http://www.bbc.com/n...t-arts-26982680

Sorted Book, you've gone from last on the scorers list to sixth place, keep 'em comin' cos this race needs a bit more action, things around here are, like...dead!

• Like 1

Oops.

Sue Townsend for my team.

http://www.bbc.com/n...t-arts-26982680

Sorted Book, you've gone from last on the scorers list to sixth place, keep 'em comin' cos this race needs a bit more action, things around here are, like...dead!

I hope so!

Would love to see some hits in my DDP teams, too. 0 out of 40 is meh! :banghead:

Book's ripple of excitement shook up the middle order this week, but the DEARTHrace continues its lacklustre lumber along, or did I miss owt else?

Scoreboard

Rotten Ali - 1005

Maryportfuncity - 718

Uschi - 669

Toast - 650

MSC - 645

Book - 533

Whitehouse - 359

Damon Killian - 354

Death Impends - 348

Captain Chorizo - 309

Estuarian Float - 296

Bibliogryphon - 292

The Engineer - 292

Just had myself a fun weekend in Blackpool, and will be out tomorrow suffering as Carlisle try and avoid defeat (and therefore nailed on relegation) at Crawley.

Not aware I've missed a point scoring Deathlist demise, but if I have...let me know.

Just had myself a fun weekend in Blackpool, and will be out tomorrow suffering as Carlisle try and avoid defeat (and therefore nailed on relegation) at Crawley.

Not aware I've missed a point scoring Deathlist demise, but if I have...let me know.

You have only gone and bloody missed the oldest man in the world dying and giving me and death impends some big points on the deathrace. :P

Good luck to Carlisle .

You have only gone and bloody missed the oldest man in the world dying and giving me and death impends some big points on the deathrace. :P

Good luck to Carlisle .

No I didn't, you've only gone and posted without checking the scoreboard!

May kicks of with a double hit for Time and Book and the podium positions change but the points get thinner by the day. Whaddya reckon, will anyone manage a winning total this year?

Scoreboard

Rotten Ali - 1005

Book - 776

Maryportfuncity - 718

Uschi - 669

Toast - 650

MSC - 645

Death Impends - 598

The Engineer - 542

Whitehouse - 359

Damon Killian - 354

Captain Chorizo - 309

Estuarian Float - 296

Bibliogryphon - 292

Time - 243

Ms Crowe has delivered for three teams, a minor re-alignment results but Ali stays on the pace!

Scoreboard

Rotten Ali - 1005

Maryportfuncity - 956

The Engineer - 780

Book - 776

Uschi - 669

Toast - 650

MSC - 645

Death Impends - 598

Estuarian Float - 534

Whitehouse - 359

Damon Killian - 354

Captain Chorizo - 309

Bibliogryphon - 292

Time - 243

All awaiting the General shake up this week, obviously, but...

Scoreboard

Rotten Ali - 1005

Maryportfuncity - 956

The Engineer - 780

Book - 776

Uschi - 669

Toast - 650

MSC - 645

Death Impends - 598

Estuarian Float - 534

Whitehouse - 359

Damon Killian - 354

Captain Chorizo - 309

Bibliogryphon - 292

Time - 243

And the General puts me to 3/20.

A slow year for the Deathrace, but like the proverbial tortoise, my most successful run in this to date.

Random fact - Jaruzelski had appeared on every combined annual pool I did. A bit like an evil Clive Dunn, except I only started in 2010. And in all that time, I still haven't worked out how to spell his name correctly!

Wow, my 4th hit! :crossbone:

I wish I was that successful at the DDP! :dead3:

Aye, a fair shake up. Apologies for the delay, bbq, beer, hot sun, decent afternoon, but all sorted now:

Scoreboard

Rotten Ali - 1225

Maryportfuncity – 1176

Death Impends – 1038

The Engineer - 1000

Book – 996

Estuarian Float – 974

Toast - 870

MSC – 865

Uschi – 669

Damon Killian – 574

Bibliogryphon – 512

Time – 463

Whitehouse - 359

Captain Chorizo - 309

• Like 2

Hi I am going to replace Ronnie Biggs with the former MP John Freeman.

I am also going to play a sub as I will be out of circulation over Christmas and you might need another replacement to make sure that I have a full team for the starting tape. That someone is snooker player Ali Carter.

He was given the all clear for his testicular cancer yonks ago and his chrohns is not going to kill him any time soon. Weird/stupid choice.

Would you care to reconsider these comments?

Been away for a few days - wandering the UFO trail in Rendlesham Forest amongst other things. Not aware that I've missed by way of Deathrace counting carkers since Monday, but post a reminder and link here if I have and things will be attended to promptly.

Hi I am going to replace Ronnie Biggs with the former MP John Freeman.

I am also going to play a sub as I will be out of circulation over Christmas and you might need another replacement to make sure that I have a full team for the starting tape. That someone is snooker player Ali Carter.

He was given the all clear for his testicular cancer yonks ago and his chrohns is not going to kill him any time soon. Weird/stupid choice.

Would you care to reconsider these comments?

How was I supposed to know he was the most unlucky person to live?

Also you didn't need him in the end anyway!!

• Like 1

Aye, a fair shake up. Apologies for the delay, bbq, beer, hot sun, decent afternoon, but all sorted now:

Scoreboard

Rotten Ali - 1225

Maryportfuncity – 1176

Death Impends – 1038

The Engineer - 1000

Book – 996

Estuarian Float – 974

Toast - 870

MSC – 865

Uschi – 669

Damon Killian – 574

Bibliogryphon – 512

Time – 463

Whitehouse - 359

Captain Chorizo - 309

Am I missing owt or have we endured another pointless week to find ourselves with the same positions as above?

Did have obscure sci-fi writer Jay Lake on mine - cause this lenience fest (along with Hare's Pool, where I didn't have him) is pretty much the only place where he'd score! http://www.oregonliv..._fiction_w.html

Who-hoo!

Those new podium positions in full

Death Impends - 1251

Rotten Ali - 1225

MPFC - 1176

Did have obscure sci-fi writer Jay Lake on mine - cause this lenience fest (along with Hare's Pool, where I didn't have him) is pretty much the only place where he'd score! http://www.oregonliv..._fiction_w.html

Who-hoo!

Those new podium positions in full

Death Impends - 1251

Rotten Ali - 1225

MPFC - 1176

Make that 1457 for DI now that Alexander Imich is dead, we may yet have a winner this year!

Just wait till Amorth needs his own exorcism, Frank gets Bough'd, Ferlinghetti beats off, and Kessler reunites with his Soviet buddies - then we'll have a winner alright!

(I know, I know, he's not in the bottom few one year and he gets ideas above his station...)

Just wait till Amorth needs his own exorcism, Frank gets Bough'd, Ferlinghetti beats off, and Kessler reunites with his Soviet buddies - then we'll have a winner alright!

(I know, I know, he's not in the bottom few one year and he gets ideas above his station...)

Don't bet against it, DI was languishing in mid-table but his joker and a conspicious low hanger have shot him into a clear lead.