Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Junior doctors have been offered a payrise averaging 22% by the government. The BMA are putting the offer to members now.

• Like 1

This will cause a massive massive backlash 

• Facepalm 1

52 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

This will cause a massive massive backlash 

Amongst the people statistically most likely to vote Conservative. 

8 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Amongst the people statistically most likely to vote Conservative. 

From the people like my dad who think Labour want older people to die. I think people are massively underestimating how large the age divide in this ugly. 

• Facepalm 2

I think Farrage would be a better PM

• Facepalm 6

6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I think Farrage would be a better PM

We know you do, you stupid cunt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TQR said:

We know you do, you stupid cunt.

I think you the stupid one with you lack of respect for other people’s views. 

10 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I think you the stupid one with you lack of respect for other people’s views. 

"You the stupid one"

No, just yours. You refuse to take on board anything anyone ever tells you about your posting unsourced bullshit and dressing it up as fact. You repeatedly type shite that flies completely in the face of any kind of common sense or critical thought. You're a troll, and if it were up to me you'd be long gone from this site.

• Like 2

I regret promsming my dad the Tories were lying when they said labour would cut it. Now I get the abuse and have been told I will suffer the loss of that money.

Farage is nowt but a scapegoater. If things are going shitty, he energises and riles people up by giving them a 'monolithic' group something to blame ('lefty loonies', the EU, immigrants). People then vote Reform because they then think if Farage gets rid of these groups everything will be all sunshine and daisies, but as we have seen from Brexit that clearly is not the case. It's the Trumpian fashion of eliminating nuance in politics and trying to establish an us-vs-them mentality. 

A Farage premiership would achieve nothing but exacerbating hostilities between different political factions while quality of life continues to steadily decline - but it's okay apparently because "we know it's [Insert Group Here] that's causing it and Nige has a plan to set them straight!". The man is a clear grifter and could not spare a fraction of a thought for the plights of the common person in this country. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I regret promsming my dad the Tories were lying when they said labour would cut it. Now I get the abuse and have been told I will suffer the loss of that money.

The Winter Fuel Allowance is being means tested, so the only people losing out are wealthy pensioners. You're apparently a jobless 28-year-old. Explain how you're "suffering the loss of that money".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TQR said:

The Winter Fuel Allowance is being means tested, so the only people losing out are wealthy pensioners. You're apparently a jobless 28-year-old. Explain how you're losing out.

My dad is 68. And not wealthy but not eligible for pension credit. Explain how I am not losing out when I live with them

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

My dad is 68. And not wealthy but not eligible for pension credit. Explain how I am not losing out when I live with them

Oh right, so you're complaining that you, pushing 30, might get a bit less monthly allowance from your dad?

@TQR - to quote the wise @TQR, ignore him. ;)

• Haha 2

Just now, msc said:

I've had my enjoyment for the day.

Now going back to reading about the finally delivered public sector payrises (22% doctors, 6% armed forces, 5.5% NHS staff & teachers, 5% prison workers, 4.75% police) and keeping an eye on the Fucking Olympics rather than doing the work I can't be arsed with today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Sorry I just hate putting trust in Labour to protect me from abuse. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, TQR said:

I've had my enjoyment for the day.

Now going back to reading about the finally delivered public sector payrises (22% doctors, 6% armed forces, 5.5% NHS staff & teachers, 5% prison workers, 4.75% police) and keeping an eye on the Fucking Olympics rather than doing the work I can't be arsed with today.

After some of my recent experiences I’m not sure Doctors deserve that. I still don’t know why I can’t look at a laptop screen anymore and I have been affected since March 2021.

• Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, TQR said:

Oh right, so you're complaining that you, pushing 30, might get a bit less monthly allowance from your dad?

Glad you enjoy people that worked in the public sector for 38 years like my dad did getting a cut. 

• Facepalm 1

So there are six people* who have put themselves forward to lead the Conservative party

*used in its broadest description

Kemi Badenoch is apparently favourite with the Conservative Party Members and Tom Tugendhat is most popular with the population at large. I can see Mel Stride going out in the first round before the party conference with either Robert Jenrick or James Cleverly but not sure how much support TT has with the parliamentary party

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Sorry I just hate putting trust in Labour to protect me from abuse. 

When are you going to start making some sense? It's as if you think Starmer and Reeves are sitting in the Cabinet Office giggling and working on a 'Destroy Crem and his Dad' law as we speak. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sod's Law said:

When are you going to start making some sense? It's as if you think Starmer and Reeves are sitting in the Cabinet Office giggling and working on a 'Destroy Crem and his Dad' law as we speak. 

Nigel Führage wouldn't put up with this.

12 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

Because I assured my dad Labour wouldn’t take any of his pensioner benefits away and then they u turned and did. 

He's back on ignore now, but if anyone quotes him again I'll be fucking livid and you will receive all the pantomime anger due to him :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Because I assured my dad Labour wouldn’t take any of his pensioner benefits away and then they u turned and did. 

Another example of you making up facts then isn't it? Yet you blame the Labour party for this one? Unbelievable.

And still you don't get it?

You'd have been better off had you said nothing at all wouldn't you? So would your dad.

Come to think of it in oh so many examples so would a lot of us.

3 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Another example of you making up facts then isn't it? Yet you blame the Labour party for this one? Unbelievable.

And still you don't get it?

You'd have been better off had you said nothing at all wouldn't you? So would your dad.

Come to think of it in oh so many examples so would a lot of us.

OI.