Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Patel resigns as Home Secretary. 

The very definition of walking before she's pushed. Shouldn't have had the opportunity to resign, should never have been appointed in the first place. I'd say it was an excellent first step for the incoming PM, until I remember the waste of space who's now leading the country.

13 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

The very definition of walking before she's pushed. Shouldn't have had the opportunity to resign, should never have been appointed in the first place. I'd say it was an excellent first step for the incoming PM, until I remember the waste of space who's now leading the country.

And the fact she's likely to appoint Bravermann to the position

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

And the fact she's likely to appoint Bravermann to the position

Facepalm very much for the appointment, not for the very accurate comment. And Badenoch for Education!

Psalm 94

O LORD, the God who avenges, O God who avenges, shine forth.

Rise up, O Judge of the earth; pay back to the proud what they deserve.

How long will the wicked, O LORD, how long will the wicked be jubilant?

They pour out arrogant words; all the evildoers are full of boasting.

They crush your people, O LORD; they oppress your inheritance.

They slay the widow and the alien; they murder the fatherless.

They say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob pays no heed."

Take heed, you senseless ones among the people; you fools, when will you become wise?

Does he who implanted the ear not hear? Does he who formed the eye not see?

Does he who disciplines nations not punish? Does he who teaches man lack knowledge?

The LORD knows the thoughts of man; he knows that they are futile.

Blessed is the man you discipline, O LORD, the man you teach from your law;

you grant him relief from days of trouble, till a pit is dug for the wicked.

For the LORD will not reject his people; he will never forsake his inheritance.

Judgment will again be founded on righteousness, and all the upright in heart will follow it.

Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will take a stand for me against evildoers?

Unless the LORD had given me help, I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death.

When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me.

When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.

Can a corrupt throne be allied with you-- one that brings on misery by its decrees?

They band together against the righteous and condemn the innocent to death.

But the LORD has become my fortress, and my God the rock in whom I take refuge.

He will repay them for their sins and destroy them for their wickedness; the LORD our God will destroy them.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Toast said:

Psalm 94

O LORD, the God who avenges, O God who avenges, shine forth.

Rise up, O Judge of the earth; pay back to the proud what they deserve.

How long will the wicked, O LORD, how long will the wicked be jubilant?

They pour out arrogant words; all the evildoers are full of boasting.

They crush your people, O LORD; they oppress your inheritance.

They slay the widow and the alien; they murder the fatherless.

They say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob pays no heed."

Take heed, you senseless ones among the people; you fools, when will you become wise?

Does he who implanted the ear not hear? Does he who formed the eye not see?

Does he who disciplines nations not punish? Does he who teaches man lack knowledge?

The LORD knows the thoughts of man; he knows that they are futile.

Blessed is the man you discipline, O LORD, the man you teach from your law;

you grant him relief from days of trouble, till a pit is dug for the wicked.

For the LORD will not reject his people; he will never forsake his inheritance.

Judgment will again be founded on righteousness, and all the upright in heart will follow it.

Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will take a stand for me against evildoers?

Unless the LORD had given me help, I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death.

When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me.

When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.

Can a corrupt throne be allied with you-- one that brings on misery by its decrees?

They band together against the righteous and condemn the innocent to death.

But the LORD has become my fortress, and my God the rock in whom I take refuge.

He will repay them for their sins and destroy them for their wickedness; the LORD our God will destroy them.

It’s amazing and kind of beautiful, isn’t it, how we all can interpret these holy texts in our own way.

7F422637-74BD-4E7A-A3CE-C5941108D6E6.thumb.jpeg.23b952a89aca900e63cf9cc35e7c61c0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

It’s amazing and kind of beautiful, isn’t it, how we all can interpret these holy texts in our own way.

7F422637-74BD-4E7A-A3CE-C5941108D6E6.thumb.jpeg.23b952a89aca900e63cf9cc35e7c61c0.jpeg

On the nose.

• Like 1

So Johnson, Patel and Dorries are gone. Under most circumstances I’d be utterly delighted. But Truss’ tenure, however long it may be, is so sure to be an unmitigated disaster, and the people she’ll surround herself with will be every bit as noxious as Johnson’s cronies.

Truss will likely see the energy price cap frozen (was it ever a cap if it hasn’t been frozen?) and cap bills for businesses too, purely because that’s the only thing to stop us plunging into complete bankruptcy. A Labour pledge from about a month ago, but she’ll still probably gain a couple of points in the polls. This won’t last long.

Energy crisis aside, she’s bound to fuck this country right up the pork market. I mourn for it.

Of course, I could be wrong and she could be brilliant. I sincerely hope this is the case. But I’ll bet every last one of my pennies (now, before they’re all  consumed by spiralling inflation) that it won’t be.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TQR said:

So Johnson, Patel and Dorries are gone. Under most circumstances I’d be utterly delighted. But Truss’ tenure, however long it may be, is so sure to be an unmitigated disaster, and the people she’ll surround herself with will be every bit as noxious as Johnson’s cronies.

Truss will likely see the energy price cap frozen (was it ever a cap if it hasn’t been frozen?) and cap bills for businesses too, purely because that’s the only thing to stop us plunging into complete bankruptcy. A Labour pledge from about a month ago, but she’ll still probably gain a couple of points in the polls. This won’t last long.

Energy crisis aside, she’s bound to fuck this country right up the pork market and I mourn for this country.

Of course, I could be wrong and she could be brilliant. I sincerely hope this is the case. But I’ll bet every last one of my pennies (now, before they’re all  consumed by spiralling inflation) that it won’t be.

I am going to try for the best case scenario

Liz Truss (who has previously been a Lib Dem and a Remainer) is clearly adept at seeing which way the wind is blowing to allow her to charge to the front and say follow me.

She has spent the past month trying to court a bunch of white, old, racist rich people by appealing to all their worst tendencies but now if she wants to stay in power beyond January 2025 she now needs to turn towards the wider electorate who are crying out for interventionist solutions. So she ditches all the really unpopular things and tries to build a centrist consensus have a massive programme of help for the cost of living crisis and make overtures to the EU to make Brexit work. The only problem she would then face is her own party. However, even if she looked like a kindly sort of person (she doesn't) this whole situation has the feel of the John Major years when the country was so fed up with a Conservative Government nothing was going to save them.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I am going to try for the best case scenario

Liz Truss (who has previously been a Lib Dem and a Remainer) is clearly adept at seeing which way the wind is blowing to allow her to charge to the front and say follow me.

She has spent the past month trying to court a bunch of white, old, racist rich people by appealing to all their worst tendencies but now if she wants to stay in power beyond January 2025 she now needs to turn towards the wider electorate who are crying out for interventionist solutions. So she ditches all the really unpopular things and tries to build a centrist consensus have a massive programme of help for the cost of living crisis and make overtures to the EU to make Brexit work. The only problem she would then face is her own party. However, even if she looked like a kindly sort of person (she doesn't) this whole situation has the feel of the John Major years when the country was so fed up with a Conservative Government nothing was going to save them.

Well, that’s the best we can hope for, short of her calling an imminent election because she’s that thick.

If she were to swing towards the centre, her party simply wouldn’t have it. She’d survive doing that if she had a much more commanding majority in the leadership election, but less than half of Tory members voted for her. The moment she starts even flirting with the idea of centrist policies, the pro-Johnson twats will once again come to the fore.

I agree that this is end-of-Major times. She is a ventilator, but the Conservative government is brain stem dead.

• Like 1

Once again, Dame* Susie Dent wins the day:

*Make this happen immediately

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Talk of Therese Coffey as Deputy PM as well....

Holy fuck.

How very apt that it’s a grey and stormy day.

But we've learned that Deputy PM in the Conservative Party is a meaningless post.

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Cleverly stays at Education.

Oh the irony.

Sky got it wrong....played earlier footage.

So there's still a chance he might go to Foreign.

Tebbit has turned a cabinet position down, saying they are too right wing.

Well, it’s all going swimmingly so far, so let’s have a little look at Truss’ list of appointments so far, which I suspect she drafted in crayon:

3BA55BB3-AF55-4087-95A7-BBB86CE9D065.thumb.jpeg.632424aeb985facb10103a9cb178ebda.jpeg

Fuck to one side any amusing pics of her gnawing a fat cigar and spilling wine down her not inconsiderable front, Coffey has a history of blithely dismissing the needs of disabled people, deliberately covering up reports while in the DWP and overtly not giving a shiny shit about the deaths of the claimants she failed.

307FC939-849F-4E2D-9B49-A6D339CEE25B.thumb.jpeg.2bca3ab9a520e0b0ca0c1499adea2df1.jpeg

The one who stood up and proudly proclaimed the government intended to break international law in a specific manner is now Justice Secretary. This one really does feel like a troll appointment.

FF182C5B-5D71-45EF-B333-74C276705546.thumb.jpeg.d0ca5f00a0645c38c0929702ee127933.jpeg

Revolting haunted pencil from early-Victorian times who denies climate change is now in charge of energy. As for business, he’ll just offshore everything, and as for industrial strategy, he couldn’t strategise a rock hard cock into a dripping wet hole.

ABCBDFD1-6537-43F6-9C93-80379A032DC2.thumb.jpeg.5bf4019bcf9ba44425583013c8b14a8c.jpeg

Makes Pritler Patel look like a CBBC presenter. Not even crypto-fascist; just fascist. Will spend her time sniping channel dinghies and frigging herself off as the occupants drown.

FD2913CD-7111-4EBF-9D9E-A404E6C3A270.thumb.jpeg.5185e54b7a5d40ccfc6c89f03cefc8a5.jpeg

Cleverly by name, James by nature. Wrote an article recently about backing Truss to “turn this ship around” despite being one of the most oleaginous cheerleaders of the last three ship captains. It’s a throwaway observation which often doesn’t do much to dignify an analysis of someone, but he truly is just a pure fucking idiot.

8A704A83-F70F-49DC-9CB6-861639D7434B.thumb.jpeg.e2b009efe9614b6fe5a4e5bed00abff3.jpeg

Ventured many a time into Truss’ pork market. Now gets a great office of state. Who’d have guessed?

2A76E00E-221B-4D8A-992C-795279EB1FFA.thumb.jpeg.a63bd1f81ce4e2ab53ebf96d00e538d9.jpeg

The only ‘true’ element that will ever be part of this rancid government.

BC1CA20A-300C-4C1A-B1F9-A63EC6748125.thumb.jpeg.37e771b67d24816c0dc72c56b7322fa0.jpeg

‘Minister for intergovernmental relations’ is the one who opportunistically accepted the role of chancellor and didn’t even wait 24 hours before knifing his boss in the front. ‘Minister for equalities’ used to be ‘Minister for women and equalities’. Maybe because the cunts are too busy arguing what a woman is and shouting the word ‘penis’ an undignified number of times.

D0A73368-578C-4BC9-A236-249051E62638.thumb.jpeg.c3ac4d79a3098ceddab6599a7883b469.jpeg

Someone we don’t know is appointed to head up some initiative nobody knows.

9B0F4BF5-B7E5-45B8-902D-0AC24DC26783.thumb.jpeg.99d70faf59acaadde757e38c6ae22fdf.jpeg

Ah, Penny Dreadful is back. Wasn’t she the one who said during the leadership campaign “Vote for Rishi or Liz and you’ll murder the party you love”?

140E3E19-1F82-48EB-8088-5C0CAFCD2757.thumb.jpeg.4a18a470972fd82b86261122f6e458e7.jpeg

All I know about Sweat Shithouse or whatever his name is is that he has consistently voted against schools having adequate funding. Good appointment if the government are going to try out a less bloody version of Pol Pot’s idea to build an unintelligent society.

84A43C9D-2F01-44A4-831F-227D2155A3A1.thumb.jpeg.50a35cf05bcadce7cf8eecdaa3e5ad8a.jpeg

Voting record: consistently voted for reducing spending on welfare, for the bedroom tax and for individual councils to become responsible for helping those in financial need. Consistently voted against paying benefits over longer periods of time for those who can’t work due to illness or disability, against spending public money to create guaranteed jobs for young people and against welfare benefits keeping up with inflation. Awful human being. She’ll fit right in.

3C6A28B9-08C0-46B0-9BB3-058E8B72B2D4.thumb.jpeg.fd8ec63256104ead51c5202025632a3c.jpeg

Glad she’s finally able to spread her wings; she’s alienated virtually everyone in her vicinity, so why not take this skill to the world stage?

CBCE7763-FDEA-4159-82AE-E8ED078B0AE3.thumb.jpeg.99d5fe435d619ed11483c2a5951be3e2.jpeg

Shiny knobhead with nothing useful to do gets a pay rise for doing it.

E8223D78-34D5-496A-A4DC-A78C5CB6E5CC.thumb.jpeg.a3d70ea9de5e0ce34638b3b0c702d6cd.jpeg

Probably just appointed because poor ole Liz got all confused so went with someone whose surname sounds like ‘travelling’.

43377A43-9D1C-4ADC-9840-DCD63E44D045.thumb.jpeg.5ab64d73285291099d3d758932127b13.jpeg

On Thursday she’ll break her own personal record for holding a job down. I can’t actually think of many bad things to say as her predecessor was Dorries.

C725F0DC-DF94-4B6B-8178-1C546C00CABC.thumb.jpeg.f6a8377bd3cc1a3f6c6253f2dbbc5613.jpeg

No idea either. But he’s in charge of the environment and has consistently voted against action against climate change and incentives for low carbon energy generation, so fear not, he’ll be every bit as fucking shit as his colleagues.

4250EE37-314B-4907-8539-CE414CF8897F.thumb.jpeg.4bf35d5b0920ce658d6d85523fd9d2e6.jpeg

Once scored 97 votes in a by-election. That’s all I have. Unless I resort to commenting on her terrible hair.

23C3D4DF-02EF-419E-9391-108C4863A049.thumb.jpeg.aad51bc33a0ff77c05b5f5941b20e799.jpeg

Well, peace in Northern Ireland matters not a fuck to the Tories, and you can tell not just from all the shite around the protocol earlier this year but from the lack of inspiration in this fucking appointment.

96C292A7-8D0E-451E-B27D-5D0890BAE811.thumb.jpeg.f4c60552076efa0b999b8c85d9c138aa.jpeg

This picture was obviously taken before Mick Lynch wiped that insufferable, repellent little smirk off his little shiny Pinocchio face.

88C0913A-1B12-4637-838C-456B853C0097.thumb.jpeg.d404eeea8d07a130ad28945aa419ee99.jpeg

The one who, with breathtaking audacity, intentionally misled the HoC for an hour straight about the lockdown parties, after it transpired  his boss had done just that. What does the Attorney General do again?

EC9BE96C-0EC3-40B6-8641-3C3D52DC78A0.thumb.jpeg.45f67e7dd0aeee6ebdd1411d26cbad54.jpeg

Once a health minister, during which time he misled Parliament about PPE, said how used masks should be turned into curtains. It’s amazing that nobody noticed when he resigned from Johnson’s government. What an inspiration.

2EDC95CB-F7D0-43F1-9C6B-6C80F8A5596B.thumb.jpeg.c711887e636632f2389f91a39f4b95be.jpeg

I had to put this in here for a bit of whimsy because reading back through this appalling list made me want to self harm.

Re-appointments: Jack at Scotland, Buckland at Wales, Wallace at Defence, Sharma at COP26. Cbf to give the fuckers their own place in this rogues gallery.

• Like 3