Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

This one is pretty surprising if true...

Sylvia Peterson of The Chiffons died on July 28, 2023 (aged 76) according to the group's Wiki page.

One-time lead singer of the group, she had left by the late 60s and took up a regular 9 to 5 job. Sung on their biggest hits "One Fine Day", "Sweet Talkin' Guy" and "He's So Fine".

A-2905332-1618467219-3711.jpg.ced1cb47d08e689a6e8e8e591b0a431f.jpg

Can anyone find an obit? Or even a mention on Facebook or Twitter etc that looks credible?

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

This one is pretty surprising if true...

Sylvia Peterson of The Chiffons died on July 28, 2023 (aged 76) according to the group's Wiki page.

One-time lead singer of the group, she had left by the late 60s and took up a regular 9 to 5 job. Sung on their biggest hits "One Fine Day", "Sweet Talkin' Guy" and "He's So Fine".

A-2905332-1618467219-3711.jpg.ced1cb47d08e689a6e8e8e591b0a431f.jpg

Can anyone find an obit? Or even a mention on Facebook or Twitter etc that looks credible?

Found this on Facebook, although there is a query if it's the same lady. The comments in the Facebook post suggest it is..

Screenshot_2024-02-13-05-53-27-57_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 12/02/2024 at 18:59, Ulitzer95 said:

* Mary Walker-Sawka (wiki, b. 1916?) – first woman to lead a major political party in Canada. So wtf happened to her?

Might be mistaken but as far as I can see she never led a party, she ran in 1967 to be leader of the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada but only got 2 votes. But seems to vanish off the face of the earth in 1968. Odd considering we know her husband's name as well and Sawka is not that common.

34 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Might be mistaken but as far as I can see she never led a party, she ran in 1967 to be leader of the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada but only got 2 votes. But seems to vanish off the face of the earth in 1968. Odd considering we know her husband's name as well and Sawka is not that common.

Apologies – it should have read "first woman to seek the leadership of a major political party".

She was heard of at least once after 1968. In 1978, her and her husband, Paul Sawka were elected to serve on the executive of their local Conservative party (in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory). Newspaper coverage of that here.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 15/03/2021 at 23:44, Ulitzer95 said:

68) Sergio Garrone (IMDb) director and screenwriter – Italian. Since I originally drew up this list, IMDb have amended his year of birth to 1925, which is in line with other sources. Last credit was in 1984 but appeared in a 2019 documentary. Died in July 2023 in the BVI and awaiting update on IMDb

IMDb now updated and what's more interstig he had a FB page without posting anything since October 2022. When his death came to light Monday, a family member posted this some hours ago

• Thanks 1

On 05/04/2021 at 00:47, Ulitzer95 said:

Buzz Martin – Lives in Twain Harte, California and still signing fan mail as of late 2020.

American actor Buzz Martin (IMDbdead at 84

image.png.120310031787daa861c83129f3cc2956.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

69) Bobbie Wygant (IMDb) presenter – American. Legendary entertainment reporter and host, who was still working in 2019 as she celebrated 70 years in the business

American reporter and film critic Bobbie Wygant (Wikidead at 97

image.thumb.png.5a99af93b47e12153a9bb7da9239cb57.png

• Sad 1

On 04/04/2021 at 23:47, Ulitzer95 said:

@Octopus of Odstock, had a bit of spare time tonight so did the names on your Jimmy Stewart list who are over 85. Only found one death – Jacques Roux, in 2006. The five four in gold I can't be sure if they're alive or not – though I'm sure msc will know about Evans. All the rest are still with us!

Joyce Taylor – IMDb has this one all wrong. They say she married an Edward Bellison (it should say Bellinson). That's true, but they're not still married as it suggests. The records show she remarried, in 1972, to Richard Perry Hinnant (b. 1943). Her first marriage certificate indicates she was born in 1937, not 1932 as stated on IMDb. Both of them show up as living in Fort Collins, Colorado as of 2021. She goes by the name of Joyce Taylor Hinnant now.

IMDB are saying Taylor died 2022 - I can't find any evidence of this either as Taylor or Hinnant. @Gisooo, any ideas on this one? https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0852674/bio/?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

1 hour ago, cgay said:

Thank you, although I'd feel much more comfortable if there was a source attributed. But at least there's a bit more meat on the bones.

Is Ray Stern, mother of Howard Stern really dead???

If you search her name on Goggle you will see a lot of links

I find it very suspicious, doesnt make sense to me, she dosen't have a proper obit!

1 hour ago, Gisooo said:

Is Ray Stern, mother of Howard Stern really dead???

If you search her name on Goggle you will see a lot of links

I find it very suspicious, doesnt make sense to me, she dosen't have a proper obit!

Who's claiming that she's dead?

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Who's claiming that she's dead?

HereHereHere, they looks like bot?!

Just now, Gisooo said:

HereHereHere, they looks like bot?!

Yeah they're all bots.

It was his father, Ben Stern, who died. His mother is still alive I believe.

70) George Pappas (IMDb) producer – American. Credits from 1973 to 2018, which include the Burt Reynolds film Heat. Living in Pomona, California as of 2021, but IMDb have his DOB wrong. It's March 15, 1926, not May 13, 1926

George Pappas is another off radar name!

Died on Nov 21, 2017 at the age of 91 in Pomona, California where he lived.

IMG_20240301_145643_583.jpg.d5356a9a367276ba6921886a38941ccb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 24/06/2022 at 20:48, Ulitzer95 said:

If anyone wants a challenge...

b. 1924
Mel Ford (Welsh rugby league player) POSSIBLY DIED 2000

In the absence of anything else to do with my Friday off, I've elected to do a bit of detective work.

Melvyn Ford was actually born 13/12/1923, but was registered in Q1/1924. The Melvyn Ford who died in 2000 was also born 13/12/1923. It's definitely the same person.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Master Obit said:

In the absence of anything else to do with my Friday off, I've elected to do a bit of detective work.

Melvyn Ford was actually born 13/12/1923, but was registered in Q1/1924. The Melvyn Ford who died in 2000 was also born 13/12/1923. It's definitely the same person.

If you have bank holiday boredom that bad then maybe you'd like to take a look at Elizabeth Kelly?

Today is supposedly her 103rd birthday, but I'm close to joining the club of ppl on here who doubt she's still alive.

• Like 3

@Master Obit, another one that's puzzled me.

An historic edit to the page of cricketer Mary Johnson (wiki) said she died on 17 July 2017, aged 92. I couldn't match her up with anyone in the GRO, but there's a good chance she married and took on a new surnamed. Also, her real first name, Winifred, could have been dropped in later records, making her harder to find as Mary is a very common name for women born in the 1920s!

23 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

If you have bank holiday boredom that bad then maybe you'd like to take a look at Elizabeth Kelly?

Today is supposedly her 103rd birthday, but I'm close to joining the club of ppl on here who doubt she's still alive.

Do we know when she was last active or confirmed to be living?

3 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Do we know when she was last active or confirmed to be living?

Last credit was in 2007, last autograph was in 2017 or 2018 I can't remember

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Last credit was in 2007, last autograph was in 2017 or 2018 I can't remember

March 2017 according to StarTiger. I'm sure there are several happy birthday posts on Facebook and Twitter after then but not sure how reliable they are.

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

March 2017 according to StarTiger. I'm sure there are several happy birthday posts on Facebook and Twitter after then but not sure how reliable they are.

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but for some reason the search function isn't allowing me to search her full name but there is a GRO death record for an Elizabeth C. Kelly born in 1921 died Q4 2016 in south Tyneside (Kelly was supposedly born in Newcastle).

It's not too far before the date of that last confirmed autograph which could have been written before she died and then not posted til afterwards or delayed.