Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

Yeah, findagrave editor seems to believe she is dead because she's marked deceased on familysearch, but living people on there over a certain age are usually always marked dead, so people can add profiles and make trees or something along those lines. In any case, her son's obituary from August confirms she is still alive.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know what happened to Chinese Under-Secretary General of the United Nations 1985-1991 and former ABC Deadpool pick Xie Qimei? There's one shady site that says he died in 2009 and another that claims 2010. This article claims or seems to claim he was still alive atleast as of 2021. I have a hard time believing he is considering he looked horrible two decades ago.

• Like 1

How to put information from Social Index to imdb? I want to enter some information for Floydine Alexander (Imdb) but I'm not sure if I can just give a link or do I need a screenshot. Here's the info

On 05/04/2021 at 00:47, Ulitzer95 said:

Judy Nugent – Lives in Ennis, Montana as of 2021 as Judy Taylor. Signing fan mail in 2017. Married to Gunsmoke actor Buck Taylor (b. 1938) until their divorce in 1983. Actress Carol Nugent (b. 1937) is her sister.

American actress Judy Nugent (Wikidead at 83

image.png.de9ab003d1e228b77955637360225922.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was watching Billy Crystal pretending to be Mohammad Ali in 1976 on the Dean Martin show.

I'm not good with TV people, but wondered if anyone else could identify the other participants on the show and, more importantly,  confirm my suspicion that Crystal might be the last one left alive?

(I did recognise Ali!)

1 hour ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I was watching Billy Crystal pretending to be Mohammad Ali in 1976 on the Dean Martin show.

I'm not good with TV people, but wondered if anyone else could identify the other participants on the show and, more importantly,  confirm my suspicion that Crystal might be the last one left alive?

(I did recognise Ali!)

Ah the Dean Martin celebrity roasts, I mentioned them a few years ago but folks interest died when they realised it was a TV show and not something else.

Of that episode, singer Tony Orlando, poker player Gabe Kaplan and DDP cult pick comic Ruth Buzzi still alive also.

I think my favourite line in those shows was by the late great Phyllis Diller speaking of Billy Graham: "he made me what I am today: alcoholic!"

• Like 1

On 21/07/2022 at 23:02, arghton said:

Asian politicians born 1922-1929 with no death date, if someone wants to find a death date/confirmation that someone from this list is alive, go ahead...

*snip*

Sawar Khan (1 December 1924) Former Governor of Punjab (Pakistan)

*snip*

Someone just edited the Wiki page of Sawar Khan to say he died this morning (8th Nov), aged 98.

Can't find anything else online though a news report will no doubt surface in the next day if true.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Someone just edited the Wiki page of Sawar Khan to say he died this morning (8th Nov), aged 98.

Can't find anything else online though a news report will no doubt surface in the next day if true.

https://www.24newshd.tv/8-Nov-2023/general-sawar-khan-dies-at-99

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone come across a birth date for British actress Jan Miller, the sister of child actress Mandy Miller and mother of Amanda Pays? She appeared frequently on TV in Dixon of Dock Green, last in 1965. Still alive?

7 hours ago, Imhotep said:

Has anyone come across a birth date for British actress Jan Miller, the sister of child actress Mandy Miller and mother of Amanda Pays? She appeared frequently on TV in Dixon of Dock Green, last in 1965. Still alive?

I believe she was born Eleanor A Miller, in Q1/1935. This is because it is known that she married Howard (born: Harold) Pays, and there is a record of a Harold R Pays marrying Eleanor A Miller in Q3/1956. 

Answering whether she is still alive is a bit trickier - I can't find any highly probable matches on GRO or Scotland's people, however there are people that *could* be her depending on how she was listed (for instance, there's a Janet Alexander Miller in 2014). Nothing under Eleanor Miller though up to the end of 2022, from the point at which I could reasonably confirm her alive (her first husband's obituary in 2002). She could also have emigrated.

The annoying thing is that I can't narrow down an exact birthday for her, which would enable me to check for certain on GRO.

16 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

I believe she was born Eleanor A Miller, in Q1/1935. This is because it is known that she married Howard (born: Harold) Pays, and there is a record of a Harold R Pays marrying Eleanor A Miller in Q3/1956. 

Answering whether she is still alive is a bit trickier - I can't find any highly probable matches on GRO or Scotland's people, however there are people that *could* be her depending on how she was listed (for instance, there's a Janet Alexander Miller in 2014). Nothing under Eleanor Miller though up to the end of 2022, from the point at which I could reasonably confirm her alive (her first husband's obituary in 2002). She could also have emigrated.

The annoying thing is that I can't narrow down an exact birthday for her, which would enable me to check for certain on GRO.

Delete

3 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Delete

Not sure what this is in reference to?

9 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

Not sure what this is in reference to?

She divorced from Howard and married to Kim Mills who have two IMDb page, one claimed Kim is a he and the other claimed Kim is a she??? Kim is a female name hmm?

Just saw Kim was married before to actress Jane Dore

IMDb is wrong for the three people and I don't think we have a LGBT romance.

2 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

She divorced from Howard and married to Kim Mills who have two IMDb page, one claimed Kim is a he and the other claimed Kim is a she??? Kim is a female name hmm?

None of this alters her probable birth year of 1935, though. 

2 hours ago, Gisooo said:

Kim is a unisex name, can be male or female.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

According to IMDB, actress Nan Peterson dead at 92 on August 15 in Corona del Mar, California. Perhaps best known for her roles in four Twilight Zone episodes.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0677320/?ref_=nmbio_ov

12 minutes ago, Imhotep said:

According to IMDB, actress Nan Peterson dead at 92 on August 15 in Corona del Mar, California. Perhaps best known for her roles in four Twilight Zone episodes.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0677320/?ref_=nmbio_ov

Obit

An oddball website claims that actress Asa Maynor (wife of 'Kookie' Edd Byrnes) died some time ago. This is the link:  https://wonderclub.com/obituaries/view_obit.php?u=9222

I cannot imagine that this would have gone under the radar. So it's got to be fake, right?

• Like 1

On 08/02/2023 at 12:50, Spade_Cooley said:

There was a Christmas video from the same YouTube account last year, and Waldo makes an appearance at 1:50 or so. Again, looks ridiculously good for someone who is 104.

There doesn't appear to have been a "Christmas at the Rancho" video for 2023 - possible sign that, at 105, Elisabeth Waldo's years are finally catching up with her? There is a mini-documentary on her from 3 months ago uploaded by the same account, so I doubt she's died off-radar. Also, the fact that she is now appearing regularly in SEO-bait "oldest living celebrity" lists makes me think she's guaranteed a QO.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

There doesn't appear to have been a "Christmas at the Rancho" video for 2023 - possible sign that, at 105, Elisabeth Waldo's years are finally catching up with her? There is a mini-documentary on her from 3 months ago uploaded by the same account, so I doubt she's died off-radar. Also, the fact that she is now appearing regularly in SEO-bait "oldest living celebrity" lists makes me think she's guaranteed a QO.

Similarly, it will be interesting to see if we get a new photo of Caren Marsh Doll on her Facebook page in early April for her 105th birthday (we got one for her 104th and she looked great).

• Like 1

On 26/04/2021 at 18:37, arghton said:

A quite interesting topic, I decided to check which country/autonomous territory flags have alive designers.

What I found (only ones known to be alive included):

Flag of Nigeria: Taiwo Akinkunmi (1936-2023)

Flag of Greenland: Thue Christiansen (1940-2022)

Flag of North Macedonia: Miroslav Grčev (b. 1955)

Flag of Grenada: Anthony C. George (b. 1938)

Flag of the Marshall Islands: Emlain Kabua (1928-2023) also the widow of 1st President Amata Kabua (1928-1996)

Flag of Bangladesh: Shib Narayan Das (b. 1946)

Flag of Bosnia and Herzegovina: Mladen Kolobarić (1933-2009)

Anthony C. George (Wikidead at 86

• Like 7

On 15/03/2021 at 22:44, Ulitzer95 said:

*snip*
8) Jack Billings (IMDb) choreographer – Canadian, born Jack Oliver Billings 14 Apr 1918, listed as living on an Ancestry family tree so could be about still?
*snip*

Mystery solved on this one. Jack Billings died in his native Ontario on 13 Aug 1992, aged 74.

Newspaper obit here. Not spotted before due to a typo in his name in the newspaper obit.

• Like 2

Two names we've discussed before now have sources confirming their deaths:

Doris Johnson (wiki), Democratic member of the Washington House of Representatives (1965–1969 and 1971–1975) died on 27/6/21 aged 98. Funeral home death notice.

James Arthur Ewing (wiki), disgraced Democratic Governor of American Samoa (1952–1953). We previously knew he had moved to Fiji, then discovered a newspaper clipping that had him living in Capri, Italy in 1961. Well he later returned to Fiji, but died and was buried in Australia on 16/2/96 aged 79. His death notice is in the Ryerson Index and here is a photo of the gravestone.

Don't think there are any other U.S. politicians left on my "possibly living/dead" list now, but there's a few Canadians I need help with still:

* Mary Walker-Sawka (wiki, b. 1916?) – first woman to lead a major political party in Canada. So wtf happened to her?
* Fred E. Soucy (wiki, b. 1922) – a lack of 100th birthday news makes me think he's dead.
* Don Chard (wiki, b. 1924) – if alive, he'll be 100 on 29th Feb. Still politically active in the 2000s but is he dead?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Two names we've discussed before now have sources confirming their deaths:

Doris Johnson (wiki), Democratic member of the Washington House of Representatives (1965–1969 and 1971–1975) died on 27/6/21 aged 98. Funeral home death notice.

James Arthur Ewing (wiki), disgraced Democratic Governor of American Samoa (1952–1953). We previously knew he had moved to Fiji, then discovered a newspaper clipping that had him living in Capri, Italy in 1961. Well he later returned to Fiji, but died and was buried in Australia on 16/2/96 aged 79. His death notice is in the Ryerson Index and here is a photo of the gravestone.

Don't think there are any other U.S. politicians left on my "possibly living/dead" list now, but there's a few Canadians I need help with still:

* Mary Walker-Sawka (wiki, b. 1916?) – first woman to lead a major political party in Canada. So wtf happened to her?
* Fred E. Soucy (wiki, b. 1922) – a lack of 100th birthday news makes me think he's dead.
* Don Chard (wiki, b. 1924) – if alive, he'll be 100 on 29th Feb. Still politically active in the 2000s but is he dead?

Fred E. Soucy appears to have still been alive as recently as 2022. Here is his wife's X/Twitter account. The French channel description notes she's been married to her husband for more than 50 years and they have four children. Her last post was in November 2022.  Below the link to her X/Twitter account, I've included his bio. It shows his wife's name (same as the X/Twitter account) and the fact they have four kids.:

https://twitter.com/CorInne_Clavet

https://www.celebsagewiki.com/fred-e-soucy

• Thanks 1