Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Missouri State Auditor Tom Schweich dies at 54:http://www.kansascity.com/news/government-politics/article11231360.html

Apparently, it was a suicide by gunshot.

But there might be a lot more behind the scenes:http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/jay-dropping

Schweich was planning to run for governor, but the republicans tried to "smear" him by insinuating that Schweich was a jew. Anti-semitism seems to be a political factor in Missouri.

Did you post in Deaths of 2015 like you are supposed to as well? I posted two suicides yesterday it would be nice to see the trend continue

SC

The question of where to post a specific death also confused me at the beginning. I've decided to only post in the "Deaths of 20xx" thread when it's hard to categorize the person or when a category for that person doesn't exist, or if I have nothing else to say about the death of that person except for the fact itself, which I try to avoid however.

It should go in both. To not put every single death in the Dead of 2015 voids the forum entirely. So cuss of you and your ilk we gotta search 5 dozen forums. Gracias. That makes sense. Pfft

SC

If you that bothered about it make a master post detailing every death ever mentioned anywhere on the site...

or you could just google your potential picks.

• Like 2

Guest Guest

I would keep an eye out for news on Lord Denis Healey in the weeks ahead.Little tip for you there .. ;)

I would keep an eye out for news on Lord Denis Healey in the weeks ahead.Little tip for you there .. ;)

Healey's a born centenarian he's not going anywhere....

I thought he'd go in 2011, as he was very devoted to (and I assumed, dependent on) his wife. Outlasted that prediction quite comfortably.

Mind you, Geoffrey Howe has looked ghastly for years to my mind. Some of the folk who managed to outlive Benn do surprise.

Guest Guest

He's not been seen or heard of since the day Tony Benn died a year ago !

Doesn't seem like a year.

Doesn't seem like a year.

Almost a year. in a couple of weeks it will be.

I've done a couple of searches but haven't seen this being mentioned.

Former deputy prime minister under Boris Yeltsin, and outspoken critic of Putin was shot in the back 4 times and killed, last Friday.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31704254

Former deputy prime minister under Boris Yeltsin, and outspoken critic of Putin was shot in the back 4 times and killed, last Friday.

Dr Z mentioned it the other day I think in this thread and then got Hein to move it to Ukraine Crisis. DZ didn't mention the guy by name though.

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8370&page=7#entry221544

Dr Z mentioned it the other day I think in this thread and then got Hein to move it to Ukraine Crisis. DZ didn't mention the guy by name though.

That's probably why I couldn't find it.

A tradition you two have kept intact with the conversation above. :-)

SC

A tradition you two have kept intact with the conversation above. :-)

SC

I didn't realize I had missed out the bloke's name. I meant to put it at the end of the 2nd line. Oh well for the sake of search purposes, it was Boris Nemtsov

Hey SC that made me laugh but why did you post it in two threads? Just to annoy the baying mob?

You shouldn't get involved in spats over posting you'll end up obsessed and unable to speak about any other topic, like rockhopperpenguin.....
Anyway if you want my stance I don't really care too much about stuff being posted twice but by the same person is unnecessary.....

We just need a masterlist.

Hey Doc!

I stated a couple weeks ago re: Deaths is 2015 thread and all the other threads/forums. At the school I went to we learned about sets and subsets and teacher drew big circles that would intersect or would be (as in this case) completely encircled by the larger circle.

As I claim, every single person who dies that we care to post is a member of the set 'Deaths of 2015'---that HUGE circle on the chalkboard. They may also be a member of a subset small circle inside that big circle. I will be posting them I their appropriate subset, if any, as well as the Deaths of 2015. That should be one-stop shopping for a list of the dearly departed, so as I don't post about someone who's even mentioned but buried in some other thread. The search function isn't very useful seeing as it doesn't sort them by date. Anyway.... I got lazy today cuz I had three to post (you know, racing to be first pfft) and cut/pasted the damned things. It was a first for that. I'm disappointed in myself too :-(

As for any frays around here I've no part nor care to be but I am happy to point out when someone is wrong--about anything. I'm an argumentative sonovabitch like that. I'll leave you two lovebirds as you were.

SC

We just need a masterlist.

Deaths of 2015 is the master list should people use it as intended. If that isn't the intent, then what is it? I'm flogging a dead horse I know.

SC

Dr Z I would NEVER do anything to annoy the baying mobs

:-0

SC

Hey Doc!

I stated a couple weeks ago re: Deaths is 2015 thread and all the other threads/forums. At the school I went to we learned about sets and subsets and teacher drew big circles that would intersect or would be (as in this case) completely encircled by the larger circle.

As I claim, every single person who dies that we care to post is a member of the set 'Deaths of 2015'---that HUGE circle on the chalkboard. They may also be a member of a subset small circle inside that big circle. I will be posting them I their appropriate subset, if any, as well as the Deaths of 2015. That should be one-stop shopping for a list of the dearly departed, so as I don't post about someone who's even mentioned but buried in some other thread. The search function isn't very useful seeing as it doesn't sort them by date. Anyway.... I got lazy today cuz I had three to post (you know, racing to be first pfft) and cut/pasted the damned things. It was a first for that. I'm disappointed in myself too :-(

As for any frays around here I've no part nor care to be but I am happy to point out when someone is wrong--about anything. I'm an argumentative sonovabitch like that. I'll leave you two lovebirds as you were.

SC

Dad, I couldn't care less about how your sweater-wearing sunday school teacher taught you to draw concentric sphincters on a chalkboard during the few moments in the late 50s when you weren't doing duck and cover drills! It has no meaning! And like anyone who has half a brain worth saving Hitler-style, I only see whirring spiral vortexes when people try to start explaining stuff with circular bullshit.

The only reason why you should post something in the Dead of 2015 when you've already posted it in the relevant thread is because you think it's notable enough that it should go on there so people can scroll through at the end of the year and remind themselves which big names died. Since the most memorable thing about that senator is the funny joke you made, he definitely doesn't count. Okay? YOU SWIVEL-EYE CROP CIRCLE MOTHERFUCKER.

Also suggest I'm gettin jiggy with Deathray again and I'll do another complete 180 and call for your banning

Hey Doc!

SC

Dad, I couldn't care less about how your sweater-wearing sunday school teacher taught you to draw concentric sphincters on a chalkboard during the few moments in the late 50s when you weren't doing duck and cover drills! It has no meaning! And like anyone who has half a brain worth saving Hitler-style, I only see whirring spiral vortexes when people try to start explaining stuff with circular bullshit.

The only reason why you should post something in the Dead of 2015 when you've already posted it in the relevant thread is because you think it's notable enough that it should go on there so people can scroll through at the end of the year and remind themselves which big names died. Since the most memorable thing about that senator is the funny joke you made, he definitely doesn't count. Okay? YOU SWIVEL-EYE CROP CIRCLE MOTHERFUCKER.

Also suggest I'm gettin jiggy with Deathray again and I'll do another complete 180 and call for your banning

I think you mean vortices; you are British and this is a British website. duck.gif

• Like 1

I think you mean vortices; you are British and this is a British website. duck.gif

Don't Yank my chain.

• Like 2

When did you get jiggy with Deathray the first time?

Looking for that duck.gif now, ah there it is. :duck: