Davey Jones' Locker

Non-British Royals

8 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Another article from today. States a reaction from the President of Nigeria. Surely dead then?

I'd be cautious as the message from the president came before the denial.

• Thanks 1

Joseph Chike Edozien dead for good at 98.

EDIT: died on the 6th, as per initial reports.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

Princess Ira Von Fürstenberg has died aged 83. She was also part of the Agnelli family through her mother.

I know there is a connexion somewhere with fashion designer Diane but can’t see where

On 19/02/2024 at 22:01, Lafaucheuse said:

I know there is a connexion somewhere with fashion designer Diane but can’t see where

Diane was married to Ira's brother, Egon.

On 14/11/2023 at 17:16, polar duck said:

Hitachi has barely appeared in public since his surgery. His wife also represented him at last month's Paraemium Imperiale Awards Ceremony.

New photo of Prince and Princess Hitachi

ZPZ4XQMEKRKPLPM77B3GVKCVCU.jpg

On 23/04/2022 at 14:39, arghton said:

Eze V. B. C. Onyema III (13 February 1927-) Eze Onyema III of Ogwu-Ikpele, an area in Nigeria since 1976.

Eze V. B. C. Onyema III dead? I have no idea what's happening in the video, that white guy twerking and everything, but according to the description it's a celebration of the Eze Onyema's life. Can't find a deathdate either.

21 minutes ago, arghton said:

Eze V. B. C. Onyema III dead? I have no idea what's happening in the video, that white guy twerking and everything, but according to the description it's a celebration of the Eze Onyema's life. Can't find a deathdate either.

These other links, a twitter post and an article also say he’s dead. The article written on 4 March talks about his funerals so he should be dead at the end of February.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, arghton said:

Yeah, he's dead.

News piece here. Other news sources from Facebook here and here.

Can't find a date of death but earliest mention I can find of his death is on 2nd March. Funnily enough most releases say he was 105. :lol: 

• Like 1

On 23/04/2022 at 12:39, arghton said:

Africa has quite a lot of elderly traditional rulers, if anyone is interested here are the ones I'm aware of born before 1940:

*snip*

igwe.png.dd7a000a807700d16268dceba74c5b42.png

Igwe Kenneth Onyeneke Orizu III (30 October 1925-) Obi of Otolo and Igwe of Nnewi Kingdom since 1963. Nnewi is a slightly smaller city than Asaba in Nigeria, Kenneth abolished a local caste system once.

gundonaa.png.97697e6fa4d95c4cb9ed5e4c8bb3f4ba.png

Gundonaa Samata Abudu (9 March 1926-) Ghanaian traditional ruler, Gundonaa/Paramount woman chief of the Dagbon traditional region in the Northern Region of Ghana. The Gundonaa is the only Chief, be it male or female, who is able to veto the Yaa-Naa's word, whatever the hell that means.

220px-Sayyadi_Abubakar_Mahmoud_Usman.jpg.315768e465eeaf4806f814f9fc049bd1.jpg

Arubiefin IV, Owa of Idanre (March 1927-) Nigerian traditional monarch of old city Idanre. Crowned in September 1976.

Sayyadi Abubakar Mahmoud Usman (1928-) Emir of Ringim, an area in Nigeria since 1991.

So there are just 4 traditional African rulers born in the 1920s still with us. 3 from Nigeria, and 1 from Ghana

Latest updates for all 4 of them:

Igwe Kenneth Onyeneke Orizu III
New photos of him from 17th March. Looks fine. However, his wife, HRH Lolo Orizu, died on Thursday!

Gundonaa Samata Abudu
Video uploaded to TikTok of a news report from June 2023. Looks fine.

Arubiefin IV, Owa of Idanre
New photos from his 97th birthday celebrations
 from yesterday, 30th March. Looks fine.

Sayyadi Abubakar Mahmoud Usman
New photos of him here from 20th March. Looks fine.

• Like 1

Queen Sofia of Spain hospitalised with UTI, but of course greatly improving.

On 10/04/2024 at 15:23, drol said:

Queen Sofia of Spain hospitalised with UTI, but of course greatly improving.

Discharged.