Sign in to follow this  
Gooseberry Crumble

Dustin Hoffman

2 hours ago, theoldlady said:

There have been lots of rumours surrounding these three men for years. Please do not confuse their roles/jobs with their real personalities. Check out young male actors who committed suicide and the directors and/ or older male actors they worked with when they were children. Many young former child actors have developed drug problems, eating disorders,  even killed themselves. This Kind of behaviour can be Linked to child rape/molestation. 

Just to chime in, I have heard Charlie Sheen's name a couple of times in connection to Corey Feldman. Spielberg's name was mentioned there, too, but Feldman has always defended him. Tom Hanks is almost completely news to me. But I have seen his name in a blind gossip item or two. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Just to chime in, I have heard Charlie Sheen's name a couple of times in connection to Corey Feldman. Spielberg's name was mentioned there, too, but Feldman has always defended him. Tom Hanks is almost completely news to me. But I have seen his name in a blind gossip item or two. 

Yeah, Spielberg's name I've heard IRL Feldman, but everything I've heard about Hanks says he's a stand up guy - haven't even seen the gossip pieces you mention, gc.

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

I think in a lot of ways, people are finally speaking out about it because they finally feel like they have the ability to now Harvey Weinstein suffered major consequences, the first major person to do so ever. If people felt like they were sexually assaulted and they didn't speak out then, but are being criticized now they're speaking out, it sounds like you're just excusing it because it happened so long ago, imo of course. 

This.

Also, as a lot of pieces are pointing out post Weinstein, there were attempts made to speak out about this stuff (maybe not irt Hoffman specifically, but in general), but were buried by the industry. Walters' interview with Feldman is obviously the most famous of it right now, but there's this Guardian piece about a movie exposing child abuse in the industry that was buried despite great reviews+an Oscar nominated director helming the project: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/nov/01/an-open-secret-hollywood-child-abuse-documentary

It's available for free until the end of the week, and I'll probably try and get through it Saturday when I'm free.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Same here. I've heard the rumours about Sheen and Spielberg but the only thing I've heard about Hanks is his fling with the Big Love actress who is not a bad loss.   

Never heard anything specific about Sheen but lots of hints.

One joke I always heard about Sheen was,forget about just your wife/husband/teenager etc,if you need a dogsitter/dogwalker and Sheen is your neighbor look for one in the yellow pages or online instead. Dude likes to bang any and everything

All these men`s and some women`s dirt-bag behavior seemed to now been pushed under the rug. These mass shootings do seem to take folks minds off everything else for a while. Someone clever with polls could start who is the biggest dirt-bag poll or Who, if anyone, might do time for being a slime-ball?

• Angry 1