Sign in to follow this  
FixedBusiness

The 10th death of 2017

The 10th death of 2017  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, msc said:

British footballer. Two time league winner, then lengthy career as a TV sports pundit. Very well known here. Last time you asked I couldn't think of a US equivalent and I still can't because I don't watch NFL.

Maybe John Madden? Though he was a coach rather than player.

I thought Madden was more sort of Des Lynam? I don't know, or that he was a coach, in fact.

Any retired 2 time Superbowl winners that younger folk would recognise as a pundit?

Just now, Death Impends said:

Maybe John Madden? Though he was a coach rather than player.

Bart Starr? Though he wasn't a TV sports pundit, but he was named MVP for the first two Super Bowls, and then became a coach. That's the best I got...

Fair enough. Anyhow, he's quite famous. So famous, my wife's heard of him, and she doesn't follow sports at all.

4 hours ago, msc said:

Fair enough. Anyhow, he's quite famous. So famous, my wife's heard of him, and she doesn't follow sports at all.

"Who's on the cover of Madden'
'The Madden curse'
msc, your wife's the smartest person who has ever posted here, albeit vicariously.

Personally, Billy Graham is at the top of my list.

Hey, if I listened to her deadpool advice (she doesn't deadpool) my team would doing far better right about now. She advised against picking Nevin, Baghdadi and Lakovic.

She did make one post on here, iirc, about a decade ago - it was about Levi-Strauss or Geertz or someone like that.

39 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

"Who's on the cover of Madden'
'The Madden curse'
msc, your wife's the smartest person who has ever posted here, albeit vicariously.

Somebody who is apparently in the know on Twitter claiming Jerry Lewis has died 

Can't verify but thought worth flagging up on here