maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2018

Russian actor and theatre director Oleg Tabakov, picked by me here, has died. Six of my picks have died now (Bilverstone, Crider, Cryne, Jalalpuri, McAllister, Tabakov), despite only one being an actual hit in this game. I'd still expect most of them to be dead before the year is up.

I’m already at nine deaths here with only two scoring in the original run (Chivers, Cryne, Fraley, Goodwin, McAllister, Pruden, Villemaire, Willow, and Zarin). Like Death Impends, I suspect most of my survivors will be gone by the end of the year...

I've only got 5, the two scorers (Elias and Zarin) plus Liam Miller, Goodwin and Nevin since.  Two of my three subs are gone though (Cryne and Carmen Franco).

Has the masterlist not been updated in a while? I've noticed a couple of mine have passed!

On 14/03/2018 at 04:53, John Key said:

Has the masterlist not been updated in a while? I've noticed a couple of mine have passed!

Apologies for having a life and that but...

I give up updating the masterlist once we have a winner.

Feel free to rip, paste and manage it for the rest of the year.

6 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Apologies for having a life and that but...

I give up updating the masterlist once we have a winner.

Feel free to rip, paste and manage it for the rest of the year.

I really didn't read enough to see that someone had won :)  My bad.

On 3/12/2018 at 12:08, Death Impends said:

Russian actor and theatre director Oleg Tabakov, picked by me here, has died. Six of my picks have died now (Bilverstone, Crider, Cryne, Jalalpuri, McAllister, Tabakov), despite only one being an actual hit in this game. I'd still expect most of them to be dead before the year is up.

Shirley Miles joins your deceased list.

With Fu Da-Ren gone, half of my deathrace team has now died. Still think I'll only have a few survivors by the end of this, and my joker might be one of them...

I have 6 hits now,  hmm.... didn't realize that NIKE executive Ted Winn died on March 30th.

One of my deathrace picks veteran Harrison police officer Marvin Gambill has now died aged 57. Next year I'm probably not going to put FFBI on my squad unless they seem to be on their way out, like Sara Chivers or that Star Wars guy last year.

9 hits out of 20 with 2 uniques ( Victor Garaigordóbil Berrizbeitia and Brickhouse Brown).The one big shocker still alive from my team is Joe Vento(over 100 and with pancreatic cancer)

13 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Victor Garaigordóbil Berrizbeitia

Admins, please.  This even makes Jessica Falkholt say 'who?'.

I know this is crazy talk, but is it remotely possible Vento's 'pancreatic cancer' was a bit overblown, maybe just gas and bloating.  After all, it's just a one sentence quote from him, not the care facility he was in.  He's 100 after all, could be he dreamed up the extent of his malady.
SC

• Like 1

On 15/09/2018 at 10:58, Sir Creep said:

Admins, please.  This even makes Jessica Falkholt say 'who?'.

I know this is crazy talk, but is it remotely possible Vento's 'pancreatic cancer' was a bit overblown, maybe just gas and bloating.  After all, it's just a one sentence quote from him, not the care facility he was in.  He's 100 after all, could be he dreamed up the extent of his malady.
SC

Or maybe he has the slower burning pancreatic cancer like Aretha Franklin or Steve Jobs. Still probably shouldn’t be living for as long as he did, but I think that’s a possibility...