Sign in to follow this  
msc

The Deathlist Cup 2018

Well done DDT!  Looks like a possible two-fer, but let’s confirm them as they arrive (or leave as it were).  

Behind after the first 10 minutes again.  The Month-To-Month Tenants don’t make things easy on their fan base.

SC

(Edit: It’s D-Day here in the States; DDT Day in Cup land)

• Like 1

Loudwire covering Santolla's demise, so given Digital Spy counts, I think one of the biggest rock music magazines equally count.

Not counting Do-Re-Mi's points till he's actually dead.

FINAL

DDT 4-0 Sir Creep

3rd place

Dead Cow 0-0 Deadsox

• Like 2

So it looks like Da-Ren is dead, but I need to find an English source for it to qualify...

Now counting him as he has actually died. DDT takes a big lead in the early going - how will Sir Creep respond?

FINAL

DDT 8-0 Sir Creep

3rd place

Dead Cow 0-0 Deadsox

• Like 2

One of those cases where almost everyone gets bored of them and then they die with only one person choosing them...

11 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

One of those cases where almost everyone gets bored of them and then they die with only one person choosing them...

Just a plain old ‘miss’ tbh.  I saw nothing of his trip to Switzerland, else I’d have jumped on board.  But I wouldn’t have advanced without a euthanized player.  You live by assisted suicide you die by assisted suicide.

SC

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Just a plain old ‘miss’ tbh.  I saw nothing of his trip to Switzerland, else I’d have jumped on board.  But I wouldn’t have advanced without a euthanized player.  You live by assisted suicide you die by assisted suicide.

SC

Quirky turn of phrase Sir Creep.  I like it.

Hiseman's death puts the Cow into the lead in the 3rd place match.

FINAL

DDT 8-0 Sir Creep

3rd place

Dead Cow 4-0 Deadsox

• Like 1

Second half begins, and again the Month-to-Month Tenants use up all available substitutions, putting their best goal scorers on the pitch.  They'll be relying on Crawford, Lang, and Silsbee  to carry the team's fortunes.

Sir Creep (Bush, Butts, Cappotelli, Crawford, Cox, Douthit, Lang, Pratley, Quinn, Silsbee, Tiwari)

So down 2-nil, where are we going to get points from?  Quick team review with 11 days left.
Butts/Cappotelli/Quinn are all on DDT's team.  OUT (0% makes no difference)

Bush: 3 hospitals in 3 months...but looks to have recovered, very very very unlikely he would succumb to death inside of a few days.  But let's give him till the 27th.  If he's alive, he's fine.  (3%)
Crawford: in home hospice.  He's not posting, those days are done (I think).  Friends said he was aware but slowly losing it end of May. I'm banking on him as my first hit. (75%)
Cox: has been in a coma and for whatever reason when Sir Creep picks a comatose person they carry on nicely.  Unless he strokes out, which could happen, he'll probably survive.  (20%)
Douthit: fooled me, but I listened to her doctor daughter.  At least I wasn't the only one, gcreptile has her as his 5-point play this month in 5-4-3-2-1 DP.  Now she tweets she has 12-18 months to live (1%)
Lang: another comatose person, cancer on the brain etc.  Can't have long.  He better be hit #2.  (65%)
Pratley: hadn't been heard from in 7 weeks, but finally posted 'I'm getting chemo' when he was supposed to be dying.  I fell for a pretty face again.  (5%)
Silsbee: Definitely on his way out, but wife posted a few days ago his daily routine, which sounded like he may have 5-6 weeks to go rather than 2.  I really need the Reaper's aid on this one.  (30%)
Tiwari: Wife said he's in his end of life cycle...which is why I jumped on him again.  Who knows.  Sounds like she was dramatic.  (10%)

When I saw the lineups I figured DDT 3-1, and I bet that will be right.  But right now hoping for a tie.
SC

I'm hoping the Reverend Violet Mark, the last Welsh missionary in India might settle the match.  I mean, look at the size of the 80th birthday cake they gave her in hospital.  I figure she will either lose the will to live on being presented with this challenge, or perhaps attempt to eat the whole thing before collapsing and dying from glycemic shock caused by a surfeit of icing sugar.  I'm eagerly monitoring the website of the Pioneer Christian mission in Mizoram for updates.

30707793_1691143074299671_38567543063054

The guy cutting the cake may not see the week out.  Need a name lol

I see "Mr. Home Hospice" Tom Crawford posting some mundane nonsense on FB 10 days ago, not exactly what one who had days left on earth would be saying, I wouldn't think.

*typing concession speech*

Would it be crass to contact my team members and complain how they were on my death pool and let me down by exaggerating their present medical situations?  Maybe my whining would go viral 'here is a total asshole and creep' to which I would nod in approval.  I may just do it.  "Hey Silsbee, you were supposed to be dead by now' something like that.  I could be the most hated person on FB -- like here!
SC

Way more exciting than France vs Denmark!

Just sayin'

Since I'll be in Nova Scotia for the next two weeks and may not have internet access, let me take the time to thank msc once again for running a great tournament.  I'll offer congratulations when I return to ensure that I won't jinx anyone. 

• Like 7

FINAL

DDT 11-3 Sir Creep

3rd place

Dead Cow 7-3 Deadsox

Capotelli gives everyone points.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Every team gets a hit for the finals. Yippee... 

If one is trying to save face by not being shut out, it's a yippee I can tell you.

Hey give us more points for Colin Butts please.  Again, we both had him, and when DDT and SirC mark you for death, death shall come.  What's Bishop Quinn doing today? LOL
SC

(Oh I see, no obit.... well besides a tribute....dying on Friday evening always makes it a challenge to get an obit before Monday if you are a C List celeb)

The only Butts obit right now is a blog so I'm guessing that's why the points aren't in

Another dead pooling win for the legend DDT. Congrats for that. :) 

:clap:Kudos to the deadpooling GOAT on a well deserved victory

Sorry Sir Creep, I kept looking for a Colin Butts obit, but none arrived.

Anyhow, where's Paddington?

giphy.gif

He has been in a bad mood after Peru's performances at the World Cup! Anyhow, that's full time on this Cup.

Undertaker slams the Cup shut for another year

-klsP7.gif

And finally here's Soup Dragon to hand over a hard earned trophy:

nREY3SV.gif

All that's left is to congratulate DDT on his victory. Well done DDT!

And well done Sir Creep on coming so close over all.

Still, that does it for 2018. Stay tuned for the 2019 edition, if we're all spared!

• Like 7

Well done to DDT, from a forlorn quarter finalist!

And thank you msc for running this game again.

• Like 1

First allow me to thank msc for hosting this DP.

Second, allow me to thank the following: Rev Billy Graham, Brandon Jenkins, Emma Hannigan, Tom Benson, Bernie DeKoven, Bishop David Foley, Ernie Thacker, Nabi Tajima, Dr. David Goodall, Ted Dabney, Matt Cappotelli, and fwiw Colin Butts — without whom none of this would have been possible.

And lastly but most importantly, allow me to genuflect to DevonDeathTrip for a tournament well-played and won with (let’s face it) superiority.  To the victor!  

SirC

Edit: just noticed my prediction DDT would win 3 hits to 1 (officially) was on the money. 

• Like 2