Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

Sister Lucia

Guest Litigator
I don't believe the message of Sister Lucia...

Guest said: I don't believe the message of Sister Lucia...

Guest, with all due respect, the message is not Sister Lucia's, it is that of the Mother of Jesus Christ, the Mother of God.

There are many acounts of the spinning sun as recorded by secualr journalists , sceptics all, who were present on Oct 17, 1917. The Church does not generally formally approve of so called "private revelations", but the message of Fatima is really beautifully simple: pray pray pray, for the conversion of sinners, to Catholicism.

As to the poster who said that he would rather the prayers be for world peace, or an end to world hunger, it seems to me that the result of mass conversion would naturally be world peace.

I don't believe the message of Sister Lucia...

Guest said: I don't believe the message of Sister Lucia...

Guest, with all due respect, the message is not Sister Lucia's, it is that of the Mother of Jesus Christ, the Mother of God.

There are many acounts of the spinning sun as recorded by secualr journalists , sceptics all, who were present on Oct 17, 1917. The Church does not generally formally approve of so called "private revelations", but the message of Fatima is really beautifully simple: pray pray pray, for the conversion of sinners, to Catholicism.

As to the poster who said that he would rather the prayers be for world peace, or an end to world hunger, it seems to me that the result of mass conversion would naturally be world peace.

Why was it only people who were there who saw it. Surely half the world can see the sun at the same time?

Guest Guest_Eileen

Actually there was a really big thing that happened all around the world that day....i will look it up for you!

Eileen

"I will spend my heaven doing good upon earth" Saint Therese @~~

Guest Catholic Schoolboy
it seems to me that the result of mass conversion would naturally be world peace.

and lots of abused kids like me with arseholes as big as the Mersey tunnel. :D

As to the poster who said that he would rather the prayers be for world peace, or an end to world hunger,

C'est moi.

it seems to me that the result of mass conversion would naturally be world peace.

You'll be lucky. Christian nations have been at war with each other ever since Charlemaine, most of the time when there was just one religion around in Europe. Several Popes have cheerfully sent their troops in the fray.

I'm not very hopeful I'll live to see the outbreak of world peace, but I'm quite sure that it won't happen as long as many people think their religion makes them better than heretics and infidels.:D

regards,

Hein

I'm not very hopeful I'll live to see the outbreak of world peace, but I'm quite sure that it won't happen as long as many people think their religion makes them better than heretics and infidels.:D

regards,

Hein

Hein

I agree, but we are ALL some one else's infidel or heretic. It was ever thus.

Guest abucs

Agreed,

we are all somebodys infidel.

Referring to the sun moving. As i understand it, there were heavy clouds and rain that day in 1917 and perhaps it is more accurate to say a round light like the sun was seen to move about the sky as foretold by Lucia.

It's interesting that at that time, the government of Portugal was very irreligious and wanted to do away with the 'old silly beliefs'. They jailed clergy and banned public worship. The RC clergy weren't overly supportive of the children as they were causing the government to take an even sterner approach to religion.

The police even kidnapped the children and put them in jail for a short time to stop people coming to Fatima. There were 70,000 to 100,000 people there who corroborated the sightings including many atheistic journalists who had been making fun of people believing the children. They came to have a laugh on the day 'the sign' was said by Lucia to appear. They all went back and changed their stories after the event. It's a matter of public record.

The children also spoke for the need of Russia to be converted and that it would spread errors throughout the world. This was said a few weeks before the Bolshevik Revolution and Russia in 1917 was a very religious country as well as militarily weak and suffering terribly with WW1. So the children's comments didn't make any sense at the time.

Interesting.

and lots of abused kids like me with arseholes as big as the Mersey tunnel. :D

Has the Michael Jackson discussion thread somehow got merged with this one?

I'm not.

I'm everybody's infidel.

Whatever you believe, the chances of it being 100% correct are infinitesimally small, so you're all wrong. And because I know that you're wrong, I don't believe any of you--so I am everyone's infidel... Even my own, 'cause I don't believe my own crap opinions any more than you do.

I'm not.

I'm everybody's infidel.

Whatever you believe, the chances of it being 100% correct are infinitesimally small, so you're all wrong. And because I know that you're wrong, I don't believe any of you--so I am everyone's infidel... Even my own, 'cause I don't believe my own crap opinions any more than you do.

It sort of makes sense.............

But then again it doesn't.

I am quite happy for you to be an infidel either way.

Didn't even one of the 70,000 to 100,000 people who were around to corroborate the spinning Portuguese sun think to bring a camera along that day? I'm sure not many people had cameras back then, but we've all seen both photos and film from that era. You'd have thought some of the sceptical journalists would have brought one with them.

Amazing how despite all the ghosts, and UFO's, and miracles there are buzzing about, there has never been one decent picture or video of any of 'em......

Okay I have yet to look up anything on the spinning of the sun and the effects it had on the rest of the world because i have been quite busy with homework, but i can tell you that something did happen...scientists were baffeled by it...i just can't say for sure i remember what it was...however i know that it was something that could not be explained....so i will get back to you on it and i will have references to prove it...and about pictures of the sun dancing......I believe that there was a video camera there that day.....I remember when i was younger watching it.....I will definitly look that up for you too......I don't want to be wrong...but i Am sure I am right.....

Eileen

"what do you say to Jesus"

"I don't say anything...I Love Him" Saint Therese @~~

I believe that there was a video camera there that day.....I remember when i was younger watching it.....I will definitly look that up for you too......I don't want to be wrong...but i Am sure I am right.....

Hold on a minute......

Video recorded almost 90 years ago? Are you serious?

Do you reckon it was a Betamax?

You'd better a a detention to that rosary I set you earlier...

Guest One Man Jury
I believe that there was a video camera there that day.....I remember when i was younger watching it.....I will definitly look that up for you too......I don't want to be wrong...but i Am sure I am right.....

Hold on a minute......

Video recorded almost 90 years ago? Are you serious?

Do you reckon it was a Betamax?

You'd better a a detention to that rosary I set you earlier...

I don't know!

I've got an autographed photograph of Saint Patrick somewhere. I got it when I purchased the DVD of his work-out routine!

you'll see...i will prove....I also believe they had moving movies back then....Didn't they....I will look this all up...PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE

Eileen

"I will spend my heaven doing good upon earth" Saint Therese @~~

Okay I have yet to look up anything on the spinning of the sun and the effects it had on the rest of the world because i have been quite busy with homework,

This homework doesn't include English Language or Typing Skills does it?

you'll see...i will prove....I also believe they had moving movies back then....Didn't they....I will look this all up...

Moving movies? That's a bit Americanised. Hopw about filmy films?

I presume you have not yet come across tautology in your English classes.

Moving images were recorded before 1900 and this new medium proved popular with the wealthy of that time. Had the sun wobbled (or whatever), then there should be multiple recordings from that time. The simple fact is there is no evidence (apart from the rambling of simple folk (bless), who could easily be led into a form of hysteria).

If you do come across a moving movie of that time, can you let us know about it, please? Especially if there are any examples of scouring (or scourging).

I can see it now "Mel Gibson's The Vision of Fatima", filmed entirely in Portuguese.

Perhaps with Jade Goody as Lucia and Robbie WIlliams as the Pope?

I can see it now "Mel Gibson's The Vision of Fatima", filmed entirely in Portuguese.

Now that I would like to see! But what about Miss Baddy as the Pope instead, surely we have no discrimination issues with that?

Now that I would like to see! But what about Miss Baddy as the Pope instead, surely we have no discrimination issues with that?

I am not sure Jade could handle the Italian accent.

Perhaps Mel could reset the location to Turkey instead....that way she'd get away with talking about her "kebab".

:pop:

Moving images were recorded before 1900 and this new medium proved popular with the wealthy of that time.  Had the sun wobbled (or whatever), then there should be multiple recordings from that time.  The simple fact is there is no evidence (apart from the rambling of simple folk (bless), who could easily be led into a form of hysteria).

Like I have told you before there was 100,000 people who signed a petition stating that they saw the sun DANCE that day. Most of the people were PEOPLE LIKE YOU...non believers...(or should i say, you need to see to believe). They went there to,specifically prove these children, that they thought were crazy, wrong. I am not sure if there was a film from that day, like i said earlier i will look into it....However, I do not believe that 100,000 people were all crazy.....

You remind me much of Saint Thomas who didn't believe Christ Resurrected....

Doubting Thomas

maybe you need to actually touch Christs wounds to believe......

Eileen

"blessed are those who see without believing

"blessed are those who see without believing

I see without believing. I am blessed. Hurrah!

haha

honez that you are!!

Eileen

"I will spend my Heaven doing good upon earth" Saint Therese @~~

Moving images were recorded before 1900 and this new medium proved popular with the wealthy of that time. Had the sun wobbled (or whatever), then there should be multiple recordings from that time.

I have seen early films too. If someone filmed the sun back then, it was certain to be wobbling, because in those early films everything wobbles.