Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

Sister Lucia

Obviously, this is an early scouting foray before the upcoming invasion

Is that the one that Jeff Goldblum thwarted with a Mac and a virus?

Guest One Man Jury
Why is it that more often than not "Catholics" I come across whether on the internet or whereever drive me crazy???

Just wondering.

My, you do have strange habits.

The light wasn't reported as just wobbling, it was reported as moving all over the sky and changing colours.

Okay, if the sun wobbled or moved, then there are only three ways this could have happened:

a.) The sun really did move about, altering its position in space and its orbit around the milky way. If it did move/wobble/jiggle or whatever, then this movement would have been measureable (and measured) by astronomers through its gravitational effects on all the planets of the solar system that didn't move. This option can be discounted because no such effects were noted by astronomors. And there were no other witnesses of the sun inexplicable moving around the sky from around the world on that day.

b.) The sun remained in its existing orbit and, either the Earth jumped about or had its orientation/axial tilt altered. Again, this can be discounted because its effects would have been measured by seimographs the world over. The rapid acceleration/deceleration of the planet/its orientation would also have been noted by millions/billions of people. Also, the ensuing tsnuamis from the sloshing effect of the world's oceans would have been noted. So another "no" to this one.

c.) If the sun didn't change its position, and the Earth didn't change its position/axial tilt, then the sun did not "dance." The fact that it is reported by eyewitnesses at the scene at Fatima and nowhere else, suggests that this was a localised phenomena; a phenomena that could only be related to people's perceptions. Now consider this: Is there any experimental double-blind peer-reviewed evidence that people's perceptions can be altered? Yes there is. People's perceptions can easily be altered in all sorts of ways, using all sorts of techniques and substances. Drugs, trickery, suggestion, sleep deprivation, etc. etc.

Now, apply occam's razor here. a.) can be discounted. b.) can be discounted. And with c.) It is far likelier that this group's percentions were altered by some previously known and documented process, whatever that may have been. Far easier than for it to require the intervention of some supernatural power that has absolutely 0% experimental double-blind peer-reviewed evidence that it/she/he/they exist.

I personally have no idea what caused the "perception" of these people to believe that the sun danced, but my money is firmly on something other than a divine power.

...just been catching up after a few days in (topically) Portugal. (By the way, LPIII, they make excellent tea there.)

you'll see...i will prove....I also believe they had moving movies back then....Didn't they....

Has eileen been watching this movie?

I remember seeing part of it on telly as a child. It is probably the only time I had heard of Sister Lucia until I met her on the DL.

Lucia of Sicily is a much better-known namesake, but long-gone and therefore only of academic interest to this forum.

Guest abucs

People reported seeing strange phenomena in the sky many km's from Fatima. Up to about 30km away i think. These were people who had no previous interest in visiting reported apparitions. As mentioned before, there was a thick layer of cloud that day, so when people say they saw the 'sun dance' it doesn't mean it was the sun. btw, the actual sun dancing (with respect to the earth) would mean absolute chaos for the finely balanced solar system. The Deathlist.net of the day would have lots of actuals and very few potentials left to report on.

God can do anything...it doesn't matter what it is...He can do it....

Eileen

"I Love"

Eileen

"I Love"

No he can't. :lol:

Eileen

"I Love"

He can't make me believe stuff that's patently not true

then that explains why millions of others do....sorta stange considering most of them were like you at one point...

Eileen

"There is no greater LOVE then lying down your life for a friend"

At this stage in the proceedings I have an uncontrollable urge to quote the signature on Typhoid Harry's profile. Can't think why.....? <_<

"Just think how stupid the average people you meet are, and then realize, half of them are more stupid than that!" - George Carllin.

Guest Yoda's Ghost

..and she was famous enough to make the BBC news.

"There is no greater LOVE then lying down your life for a friend"

"............ than laying...............

Eileen

"I Love"

Oh God......Eileen's back :huh:

If God can do everything, do you reckon he can rub his stomach clockwise while simultaneously rubbing the top of his head anti-clockwise? That would prove his divinity to me. :D

By the way, thank you for referring to God as "He". You are obviously an enlightened yound lady.

Terminator

"I love - and then do a runner"

Guest Guest
Oh God......Eileen's back :old:

Her front's even worse :)

I'm starting to miss this thread already.

I hope things'll liven up in the JPII thread when old popey pops off.

Note to Eileen: The bible got it wrong; love of religion is the root of all evil. It requires unreasonable belief in irrational deities to commit the worst of attrocities. Christ was a good guy, but the actions taken in his name have made him the devil. As far as I'm concerned, the bible is a book of fun and informative stories that have been perverted into pure evil. May you and your god rot in whatever hell the afterlife, should it exist, can provide. Personally, I believe in the church of It's None of Your Freaking Busines if They Don't Affect Your Freedoms.

As far as I'm concerned, the bible is a book of fun and informative stories that have been perverted into pure evil.

Ditto Koran and Torah. Spot on Harry.

well harry then i have a question for you. Is the love of religion(being the root of all evil) saying, a fact, or your own personal opinion?

"Christ was a good guy, but the actions taken in his name have made him the devil."

what actions do you speak of?

i know of alot of bad things that have happened(in the name of God) and people that TOTALLY believe in God have been persucuted. I know that the devil has shown himself in apparitions looking like a heavenly object to trick someone in believeing in Christ and causing bad things to happen. The devil isn't an obvious thing. he is not going to come out and be like" HERE I AM EVERYONE's SCREWED!" He is smart. He tends to pick on little things that people have to start an argument, or to a couple that are good relgious people and they start having premarital sex while still being faithful. It was always said that the devil works close to the church because he LOVES to offend God. Jesus was not a devil and i know you have said that becuase of the choas of the world, Jesus is seen as A DEVil. Not true...it is man's sin that causes these horrible things to happen,and becuase our sins make our soul weak....the devil eats that up. Even Mary said to Sister Lucia, "Souls are falling into Hell like snow flakes, because of false things."

God as pity on your soul and maybe one day you will relieze that. most people focus on bad things...its a fact...you can say many many good things about a person, but if you say one bad thing, they forget all the good and just look at the bad. I see that you have done that with your faith. You look at all the bad religion has caused and won't look at all the good. i am not doubting bad things have happened because of religion. In the bible Jesus says that these things would happen. However those who have complete faith and love of Christ through all of it will see God.

Maybe you should look up some good things rather than dwelling on all the bad...maybe you have had a bad expirence with religion. I don't know...all i am saying is that there is a ton of good and you don't even know it becuase the Devil has worked very closely to you to hide you from the Truth.

May God Bless you,

Eileen

"I love"

ps I would also like to question what you think the diffence between freedom and free will are. please tell me what YOU think.

Oh dear Harry, Eileen thinks you are in league with the devil. Is it true?

Guest The Devil
Oh dear Harry, Eileen thinks you are in league with the devil.  Is it true?

Typhoid who?

Never heard of the guy. Definately not one of mine!

Now, (as the poet said): Come on Eileen!

God bless.

Definately not one of mine!

Note the spelling of definitely. A clue perhaps as to the true identity of the lord of darkness?. :devil:

Guest Guest

I think She is such a great person because of her service to the Catholic Church

I think She is such a great person because of her service to the Catholic Church

Who, the Devil??

I know that the devil has shown himself in apparitions looking like a heavenly object to trick someone in believeing in Christ and causing bad things to happen. The devil isn't an obvious thing. he is not going to come out and be like" HERE I AM EVERYONE's SCREWED!" He is smart. He tends to pick on little things that people have to start an argument, or to a couple that are good relgious people and they start having premarital sex while still being faithful. It was always said that the devil works close to the church because he LOVES to offend God. Jesus was not a devil and i know you have said that becuase of the choas of the world, Jesus is seen as A DEVil. Not true...it is man's sin that causes these horrible things to happen,and becuase our sins make our soul weak....the devil eats that up. Even Mary said to Sister Lucia, "Souls are falling into Hell like snow flakes, because of false things."

God as pity on your soul and maybe one day you will relieze that. most people focus on bad things...its a fact...you can say many many good things about a person, but if you say one bad thing, they forget all the good and just look at the bad. I see that you have done that with your faith. You look at all the bad religion has caused and won't look at all the good. i am not doubting bad things have happened because of religion. In the bible Jesus says that these things would happen. However those who have complete faith and love of Christ through all of it will see God.

Maybe you should look up some good things rather than dwelling on all the bad...maybe you have had a bad expirence with religion. I don't know...all i am saying is that there is a ton of good and you don't even know it becuase the Devil has worked very closely to you to hide you from the Truth.

May God Bless you,

Eileen

"I love"

ps I would also like to question what you think the diffence between freedom and free will are. please tell me what YOU think.

Welcome back Eileen....

The site was a saner (tho' duller) place without you. ;)

"I know that the devil has shown himself in apparitions looking like a heavenly object to trick someone in believeing in Christ and causing bad things to happen. The devil isn't an obvious thing."

Hmmm. Devil...apparitions...heavenly object....trick someone...you have just done a remarkable job in explaining away what happened in Fatima. Wobbling sun? Obviously, that's the devil appearing to the gullible (perhaps that's why he chose Portugal?).

"Even Mary said to Sister Lucia, "Souls are falling into Hell like snow flakes, because of false things." "

Now what's that all about???? If you use the analogy of snowflakes in Hell, then obviously as these snowflakes descend to the fiery hell, they would melt and turn to steam (which would then float up - thereby not arriving in Hell at all).

"you can say many many good things about a person, but if you say one bad thing, they forget all the good and just look at the bad."

Let he that is without sin cast the first stone. What has the devil personally done to you? You do appear to be having a bit of a dig at Ol' Nick.

"ps I would also like to question what you think the diffence between freedom and free will are. please tell me what YOU think."

Freedom is the ability to move around/live your life without restriction. Free Will was about a killer whale befriended by a boy. ;)

By the way, I think the Devil may have possessed your dictionary, spellchecker etc. He obviously works in mysterious ways - as most of us you have taken issue with do not appear to have a similar spleeing problem. Can I helpfully suggest you get a bucket of holy water and pour it over your computer.....?

.....and throw in a couple of rosaries for good measure.

If you use the analogy of snowflakes in Hell, then obviously as these snowflakes descend to the fiery hell, they would melt and turn to steam (which would then float up - thereby not arriving in Hell at all).

I read somewhere that Hell was icey cold.

Anyway the Christian religion is completely contradictory and mainly false.