Gooseberry Crumble

Famous celebrity births , pregnancies and babies

“It’s never too late to become a mother”

What nonsense. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Toast said:

“It’s never too late to become a mother”

What nonsense. 

It's true if you have the money to freeze your eggs and/or pay for IVF and/or pay for a surrogate.

Reason why half of Kim K's kids are surrogates.

34 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

It's true if you have the money to freeze your eggs and/or pay for IVF and/or pay for a surrogate.

Reason why half of Kim K's kids are surrogates.

I'm not saying it isn't possible.  But it is not right.  Anyone who becomes a parent of a baby at an advanced age is a selfish cunt. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toast said:

I'm not saying it isn't possible.  But it is not right.  Anyone who becomes a parent of a baby at an advanced age is a selfish cunt. 

Having children at all is selfish. Why else are people having children if not for themselves?

2 minutes ago, time said:

Having children at all is selfish. Why else are people having children if not for themselves?

Children deserve to have parents who can be expected to live long enough to see them into adulthood and beyond.  Of course there are no guarantees but it's not fair to saddle young people with aged and decrepit parents, or none.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Toast said:

Children deserve to have parents who can be expected to live long enough to see them into adulthood and beyond.  Of course there are no guarantees but it's not fair to saddle young people with aged and decrepit parents, or none.

Ideally, yes.

11 minutes ago, time said:

Ideally, yes.

It's a choice to have children above a certain age...

Don't forget the health issues you can bring onto a kid by having them later in life

• Like 1

I'm not disputing any of the points anyone has made regarding later pregnancies or older parents, but, as I see it, we as a society have two options - leave it up to the individual, or regulate the who and when of pregnancy/childbirth. I doubt anyone wants to go the second option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, time said:

I'm not disputing any of the points anyone has made regarding later pregnancies or older parents, but, as I see it, we as a society have two options - leave it up to the individual, or regulate the who and when of pregnancy/childbirth. I doubt anyone wants to go the second option.

Surrogacy is regulated and outright banned in a lot of places. India bans foreigners from hiring surrogate mothers | India | The Guardian

Ukraine is unregulated and known for terrible conditions in its "baby factories." Ukraine’s ‘baby factories’: The human cost of surrogacy | Women's Rights | Al Jazeera

I think Naomi is beautiful and talented, but her involvement with Epstein makes me not thrilled about this news.

Wondering where I recognised her surname and then found that her aunt is Jill Halfpenny who was in Eastenders.

• Like 2

On 30/06/2023 at 03:46, lilham said:

Surrogacy is regulated and outright banned in a lot of places. India bans foreigners from hiring surrogate mothers | India | The Guardian

Ukraine is unregulated and known for terrible conditions in its "baby factories." Ukraine’s ‘baby factories’: The human cost of surrogacy | Women's Rights | Al Jazeera

I think Naomi is beautiful and talented, but her involvement with Epstein makes me not thrilled about this news.

Rich celebs tend to undergo it in California. 

Zoe Sugg pregnant again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Tottenham Hotspur   Former Leicester City and England footballer James Maddison

FTFY

How many competitive matches has he played for Spurs - The exact same number as times Spurs have won the Premier League

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

FTFY

How many competitive matches has he played for Spurs - The exact same number as times Spurs have won the Premier League

I'm not an avid football fan and took the Daily Mail  at face value-big mistake!!:D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Boris Johnsons wife Carrie has given birth to their third child together. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12286767/Carrie-Johnson-given-birth-child-Boris-Johnson.html

I clicked it. They named their kid Frank Alfred Odysseus.

Maybe the Odysseus part is unusual but as a second middle name, it seems fine, not a big deal.