Sign in to follow this  
VileBody

Eric Sykes

I see Sykes is 82 today...honourable mentions in '93, '94 and '03...time for another outing in 2006?

Greetings fellow Deathwatchers. A prosperous 2008 to you all. I'm new here so I thought I'd make my first post a declaration that Mr Sykes' number will be up first this year. It's a strong field but My cash is on Eric!

The last time I saw him on the telly he looked remarkably well for his age. He didn't look ill or 'grey'.

For the benefit of our American readers this is Sykes' Wiki page. Makes it clear he was working throughout 2007, and his wife is still alive. I read his autobiography last year from which it's obvious the man has a monster ego. Age may be against him, but he'll fight to keep death at bay, I reckon.

Guest Guest_Thomas_*

I would be quite sad if Eric Sykes was to die without getting a knighthood. He's one of those people (Bruce Forsyth is another) who have been entertaining people for years and years without getting knighted.

The last time I saw him on the telly he looked remarkably well for his age. He didn't look ill or 'grey'.

Yeah he looks in reasonable fettle but it's just a hunch. I may be wrong......... :banghead:

Anyways I always go for an outsider lol!

85 today!

I'm surprised this thread is so quiet. I mean, he's out & about enough... or maybe that's why....

It was probably a wise move demoting Eric from the 2009 list and it's nice to see him still treading the boards. Any West Country DLers care to toddle along tomorrow and see how he's doing?

Two years on, still acting and writing. And not happy with the BBC's upcoming Hattie 'muckraker', in which he's played by John Shuttleworth.

Eric is a guest on Richard Bacon's show on BBC Radio 5 live today. Sure it will be available on a podcast too.

Guest iain

I heard him this afternon,.He sounded frail and forgtful,but quite feisty.He did sound a lot eweaker than he did the last time I heard or saw him though.I feel a heart attack or stroke could finish him off at any time sadly

Guest Norman Duff

for amyone who agrees it wold be ashame if Eric Sykes were to die before he could recieve a well deserved knighthood, please go to Erice Sykes Maturetimes if you agreewith myself, please Email the honour team at stephine.legg@cutlure.gsl.gov.uk

Thanks Norman Duff

I

for amyone who agrees it wold be ashame if Eric Sykes were to die before he could recieve a well deserved knighthood, please go to Erice Sykes Maturetimes if you agreewith myself, please Email the honour team at stephine.legg@cutlure.gsl.gov.uk

Thanks Norman Duff

I

First decent post on this board in months.

Guest RIP

RIP Eric Sykes

RIP Eric Sykes

First instinct is to tell this guest to shut up, but his Wikipedia page is saying that Eric Sykes has died after a short illness.

It's 3 AM here, so I'll see if this is true in the morning.

EDIT: BBC is saying that Eric Sykes is dead. Hit number 7 confirmed.

An end to another of the DeathList legends, so soon after Shamir. If I were Biggs, Gabor, Wallach, Douglas, or Dunn right now I'd be scared.

Edited by angryGreatness

Guest suthers69

R.I.P Eric

Guest stripped stypeski

Sadly, as the BBC is reporting he has died .

Guest Zukeeper

Another one bites the dust..

wow just over half way though the year and half way to the record of 14 hits. I think we can get 15 or more this year.

R.I.P Eric sykes.

Guest Guest

He was deaf as a post. I bet his last word was "Eh"? R.I.P.