Stayin Alive

Carry On Dying

Richard O'Callaghan had a bit part in the recent Red Dwarf revival. Hard to tell how he was looking as he was wearing hugh sunglasses.

Just seeing him now!

I wondered what happened to him...

Because of the somewhat ill-advised revivals of the recent past there are LOADS of them left, just not many from the golden era. Whether our successors on here will bemoan the passing of Julian Clary and his generation in any significant way......is debatable

There aren't many of the main original Carry On stars left though...Jim Dale, Babs, Lord Leslie Phillips and St Windsor of Davies (plus Angela Douglas and Jacki Piper on the post-Babs totty side...). And June Whitfield. Oh yes, Bernard Cribbins. Kenneth Cope. Julian Holloway. Well, maybe there are a few after all.....

Not to mention the man behind it all.. Peter Rogers who turns 95 today

The man, the legend. Mr Rogers, we salute you.

According to this he's dead.

The person who runs Carry On Line is a friend of mine and he's confirmed it.

Very sad news. RIP Peter, and thanks for all the laughs.

Funnily enough, when this thread was flagged up to mention Richard O'Callaghan's appearance in Red Dwarf, I thought it would be news about Peter Rogers... <_<

Related to the Carry Ons (well, sort of) were the 'Confessions of' series, starring Robin Askwith.

The producer of those films, Greg Smith, has died aged 69...

Guest Guest

Imogen Hassal was very tragic

Imogen Hassal was very tragic

She was indeed. Beautiful woman. Died 1980...

Just read that Dora Bryan is currently "extremely frail and hardly eating at all", and was too ill to be transported to London for a fundraising gala in May. Watch this space...

Some Carry On carrying on in my hood this weekend. Hmmm, £30 to meet Fenella, Anita Harris and Laraine Humphrys (who?) - I could just turn up at the pub for free, unless they've got Bernie Bresslaw on the door or something.

Reminds me of the £50 I didn't pay to not go to the Fluff Memorial Plaque Unveiling at Brinsworth a couple of years back.

Some Carry On carrying on in my hood this weekend. Hmmm, £30 to meet Fenella, Anita Harris and Laraine Humphrys (who?) - I could just turn up at the pub for free, unless they've got Bernie Bresslaw on the door or something.

The only way that would happen is if they'd got him stuffed and mounted. Ooh..that sounded like something Talbot Rothwell would have written...

Better give Anita a few pennies while you're there - sounds like she could do with them...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/m...5000-debts.html

Patrick Durkin

Appeared in quite a few Carry On films in minor roles, as well as "Raiders of the Lost Ark".

Patrick Durkin

Appeared in quite a few Carry On films in minor roles, as well as "Raiders of the Lost Ark".

If I remember correctly, he is the Mongolian Guy in the Drinking Competition with Marion in Raiders.

Patrick Durkin

If I remember correctly, he is the Mongolian Guy in the Drinking Competition with Marion in Raiders.

No, he is the "Australian Climber". Sonny Caldinez is listed as "Mean Mongolian".

"You know what a diddler is don't yer?"

Jack Douglas died on December 18th 2008 and now Marianne Stone on December 21st 2009.

Will Carry On deaths become the new Christmas tradition?

Arse. Marianne Stone was going to be on my 2010 list.

But, seriously, sad news. She was probably in more films than any other British actress of her generation, albeit in small roles, but it was always a pleasure to spot her.

Actor Terence Longdon died on 23 April aged 88 after a short illness. He's probably best remembered for his appearances in the early Carry On films.

Guest ehoosta fuited

Eric Sykes died recently aged 89

Eric Sykes died recently aged 89

No shit Sherlock

(I could be wrong here, but I don't think he appeared in any of the Carry on movies. Feel free to correct me)

Was he not in Carry On Talking Bollocks ?

• Like 1

Well known comic actor Lance Percival has died http://announcements...185934/percival You'll know his face.. http://www.bing.com/...cival&FORM=IGRE

Loved him in 'The Big Job'... :(

The Weekend Murders, if you can find it, is much recommended. Italian Agatha Christie spoof in the vein of an Argento horror. Percival is the detective in it.