Stayin Alive

Carry On Dying

More Up TW3 and Up Pompeii than Carry On I would conjecture. You could also have had more fun with the Paul McCartney link.. loses his voice forever for example.

More Up TW3 and Up Pompeii than Carry On I would conjecture. You could also have had more fun with the Paul McCartney link.. loses his voice forever for example.

I went home and told my daughter that both Paul and Ringo had died.

Jim Dale doing a show, interesting for the pics of him and his former fellow co-stars. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3102537/Barbara-Windsor-Jim-Dale-reunite-recreate-racy-Carry-Doctor-scene.html

Was that the "big breaths" scene? Barbara Windsor's boobs were not really up to their reputation, were they.

292CF47800000578-0-image-m-96_1432907391

Elsewhere, Fenella Fielding looks terrifying, and doesn't Gaby Roslin look old. :(

• Like 1

Agreed on all points, Toast. What was that thing on Miss Fielding's head?

In a weird coincidence as I reading the article, someone drove past my window with "Georgy Girl" blaring out of their car which was co-written by Jim Dale.

Anton Rodgers- The bespectacled bloke from TV's Fresh Fields 'sitcom', he was a young passenger in Cruising & in Jack he was the recipient of Nelson's deathbed proposition. Anyway, he's a grand 73 this year.

73 today. Still going strong but who knows what might happen in the next 11 months!
Took a bit longer than 11 months but he's another one to add the "dead".To add to the still alive there's writer Norman Hudis, 85 this year and director Peter Rogers as mentioned earlier is still going stronghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Hudis
Hudis has died. I'm on my phone so no link. But BBC has it.
  • Like 1

Just when you thought the franchise was dead, they are thinking of reviving it: http://variety.com/2016/film/global/carry-on-comedy-movie-revived-1201775752/

Barbara Windsor and Fenella Fielding will be turning their graves...by 31 December. ^_^

Thinking nothing...they've got the money and schedule for the first two; Carry On Doctors and Carry on Campus

Death Notice for Joe Robinson aged 90 who appeared as Desperate Dan in Carry On Regardless. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thetimes-uk/obituary.aspx?n=joseph-robinson-tiger-joe&pid=186020077

Was also Peter Franks in Diamonds Are Forever.

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Robinson_(actor)

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0732750/?ref_=nmbio_bio_nm

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Valerie Leon just tweeted this picture of herself and Fenella Fielding

Fenella Fielding and Valerie Leon.jpg

I think she shares Donald Trump's hairdresser!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Valerie Leon just tweeted this picture of herself and Fenella Fielding

Fenella Fielding and Valerie Leon.jpg

Valerie still has a naughty gleam in her eyes.

Fenella is 89 and looks rather like my aunt at that age.  She lasted another five years or so, and was only felled by a stroke.

11 minutes ago, Toast said:

Valerie still has a naughty gleam in her eyes.

Fenella is 89 and looks rather like my aunt at that age.  She lasted another five years or so, and was only felled by a stroke.

Apparently she is going to be doing public appearances to promote her new autobiography so she can't be that bad.

Doesn't look that bad for someone a month off 90!

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:29, Bibliogryphon said:

Apparently she is going to be doing public appearances to promote her new autobiography so she can't be that bad.

She was in Portmeirion a few months ago for the 50th anniversary of The Prisoner so she does get out and about. 

• Like 1

On 17 October 2017 at 10:29, Bibliogryphon said:

10 hours ago, Handrejka said:

She was in Portmeirion a few months ago for the 50th anniversary of The Prisoner so she does get out and about. 

Wish I'd known that. I could have popped over for a closer look. 

• Like 1

Fenella on r5 just now promoting biography, lucid as fuck.

• Like 1

Something I learned. She was only in one film. (Carry on) , sure she was in more, but 'no'.

Aye, but one of the most iconic, if you will.

Showing my age but she was also The Vixen, villain in late 80s/early 90s kids show Uncle Jack.

Just found out some lovely sod has uploaded the entire Uncle Jack to Youtube in August. Excellent. Probably dated as hell in the intervening quarter (+) of a century but I don't care.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, charon said:

Something I learned. She was only in one film. (Carry on) , sure she was in more, but 'no'.

Thought she was in two, Regardless and Screaming.