Sign in to follow this  
YoungWillz

The Deathlist Poker Tournament 2021

1 minute ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

@YoungWillz I do believe  Stephen Sondheim is my first hit in this pool!

Indeed, I was waiting for you to post something first, ha ha! It's been a long wait.

• Like 1

Dead So Far:

Anne Stallybrass - 3 July - Obit

Rick Laird - 4 July - Obit

Stan Swamy - 5 July - Obit

Gillian Sheen Donaldson - 5 July - Obit

Axel Kahn - 6 July

Dilip Kumar - 7 July - Obit

Carlos Reutemann - 7 July - Obit

Jehan Sadat - 9 July - Obit

Ernie Moss - 11 July - Obit

Renee Simonot - 11 July - Obit

Mick Bates - 12 July - Obit

Edwin Edwards - 12 July - Obit

Paul Orndorff - 12 July - Obit

Gary Corbett - 14 July - Obit

Mary Ward - 19 July - Obit

Brian Henderson - 5 August - Obit

Gertrude Annie Kingston - ? August 2021

Jaan Kaplinski - 8 August

Patricia Hitchcock - 9 August - Obit

Gerd Muller - 15 August - Obit

Paul Mitchell III - 15 August - Obit

Sir Michael Cullen - 19 August - Obit

Sandra Richardson - 25 August - Obit

Jonathan Myles-Lea - 25 August - Obit

Michael Constantine - 31 August - Obit

Mikis Theodorakis - 2 September - Obit

Sarah Harding - 5 September - Obit

Carl Bean - 7 September - Obit

Amy Winifred Hawkins - 8 September - Obit

Art Metrano - 8 September - Obit

Terry Lubbock - 15 September - Obit

Robert Fyfe - 15 September - Obit

Jane Powell - 16 September - Obit

Abdelaziz Bouteflika - 17 September - Obit

Albert J Raboteau III - 18 September

Jimmy Greaves - 19 September - Obit

Greg Gilbert - 30 September - Obit

Bernard Tapie - 3 October - Obit

Budge Patty - 3 October - Obit

Nadia Chaudhri - 5 October - Obit

Granville Adams - 10 October - Obit

Ruthie T(h)ompson - 10 October - Obit

Ally McLaws - 15 October - Obit

Maire Mhac an tSaoi - 16 October - Obit

Betty Lynn - 16 October - Obit

Denise Bryer - 16 October - Obit

James Michael Tyler - 24 October - Obit

Pat Martino - 1 November - Obit

Alan Igglesden - 1 November - Obit

Clifford Rose - 6 November - Obit

FW de Klerk - 11 November - Obit

Bertie Auld - 14 November - Obit

Clarissa Eden - 15 November - Obit

Jyrki Kasvi - 16 November

Belinda Sykes - 16 November

Chun Doo-hwan - 23 November - Obit

Stephen Sondheim - 26 November - Obit

Sir Frank Williams - 28 November - Obit

Mustafa Cengiz - 28 November

David Gulpilil - 29 November - Obit

Arlene Dahl - 29 November - Obit

gcreptile: 1406 Points (Swamy, Laird; Bates; Richardson; Bean; Lubbock; Chaudhri; McLaws; Igglesden; de Klerk; Gulpilil) (Sub: Kumar [5 Diamonds]; Tyler [5 Diamonds]) (MD: Jul [7]; Aug [4]; Sep [K]; Oct [Q])

Cards Played: Ace of Clubs Jack of DiamondsSix of HeartsQueen of ClubsQueen of HeartsJack of ClubsTwo of SpadesAce of SpadesSix of DiamondsTwo of HeartsThree of Spades

Captain Chorizo: 1325 Points (Kumar; Reutemann; Laird; Orndorff; Cullen; Harding; Lubbock; Tapie; Tyler; de Klerk; Gulpilil) (Sub: Henderson [3 Clubs]) (MD: Jul [7]; Aug [J]; Sep [8]; Oct [J])

Cards Played: Jack of DiamondsNine of HeartsSeven of SpadesEight of SpadesQueen of SpadesNine of DiamondsSix of SpadesThree of DiamondsQueen of HeartsQueen of ClubsFour of Diamonds

Death Impends: 1239 Points (Kumar; Cullen; Harding; Thompson; McLaws; Tyler; Igglesden; de Klerk; Gulpilil) (MD: Jul [A]; Aug [5]; Sep [10]; Oct [10])

Cards Played: Four of SpadesThree of ClubsAce of SpadesTwo of ClubsTen of HeartsTwo of DiamondsTen of SpadesFive of HeartsTen of Diamonds

Perhaps: 1220 Points (Kumar; Reutemann; Sadat; Orndorff; Harding; Lubbock; Gilbert; de Klerk; Gulpilil) (Sub: Swamy [4 Hearts]; Auld [6 Spades]) (MD: Jul [4]; Aug [2]; Sep [Q]; Oct [Q])

Cards Played: Ten of ClubsTen of SpadesThree of SpadesAce of SpadesQueen of DiamondsNine of SpadesSix of HeartsSix of ClubsSix of Spades

An Fear Beag: 900 Points (Kumar; Muller; Cullen; Harding; Greaves; Tapie; Tyler; Gulpilil) (Sub: P. Mitchell [6 Spades]) (MD: Jul [2]; Aug [Q]; Sep [3]; Oct [Q])

Cards Played: Black JokerQueen of HeartsSeven of SpadesKing of ClubsSix of ClubsKing of HeartsNine of DiamondsAce of Clubs

Salmon Mousse: 881 Points (Reutemann; Orndorff; Henderson; Muller; Harding; Tyler; Martino; Gulpilil) (MD: Jul [Q]; Aug [4]; Sep [10]; Oct [5])

Cards Played: Jack of ClubsKing of SpadesSeven of DiamondsNine of HeartsTwo of HeartsFour of ClubsSeven of SpadesSeven of Clubs

msc: 861 Points (Laird; Bates; Theodorakis; Harding; Lubbock; McLaws; Igglesden; Gulpilil) (Sub: Orndorff [10 Clubs]; de Klerk [6 Hearts]) (MD: Jul [J]; Aug [Q]; Sep [5]; Oct [7])

Cards Played: Two of SpadesThree of DiamondsNine of HeartsTen of SpadesFive of DiamondsFour of SpadesTen of HeartsJack of Spades

Grim Up North: 854 Points (Cullen; Harding; Lubbock; Gilbert; Igglesden; de Klerk; Gulpilil) (Sub: Moss [4 Hearts]; Williams (Motorsport) [4 Clubs]) (MD: Jul [9]; Aug [6]; Sep [7]; Oct [9])

Cards Played: Nine of ClubsSix of DiamondsJack of ClubsAce of ClubsKing of HeartsQueen of HeartsTen of Clubs

Joey Russ: 844 Points (Laird; Harding; Bean; Lubbock; McLaws; Martino; de Klerk; Gulpilil) (Sub: Cullen [2 Diamonds]; Gilbert [8 Diamonds]) (MD: Jul [2]; Aug [8]; Sep [Q]; Oct [7])

Cards Played: Eight of HeartsAce of SpadesTwo of DiamondsFour of DiamondsTen of ClubsSeven of SpadesJack of SpadesKing of Diamonds

Banana: 819 Points (Kumar: Laird; Corbett; Harding; Lubbock; de Klerk; Gulpilil) (Sub: McLaws [5 Diamonds]; Igglesden [K Clubs]; Eden [9 Clubs]) (MD: Jul [J]; Aug [A]; Sep [6]; Oct [6])

Cards Played: Eight of ClubsQueen of ClubsSeven of ClubsAce of ClubsQueen of HeartsQueen of SpadesKing of Hearts

theoldlady: 739 Points (Muller; Cullen; Harding; Bouteflika; Adams; Eden; Gulpilil) (Sub: Gilbert [Q Hearts]) (MD: Jul [3]; Aug [9]; Sep [5]; Oct [10])

Cards Played: Ten of DiamondsNine of SpadesThree of ClubsFive of HeartsSix of ClubsJack of ClubsSeven of Clubs

Caleb H: 669 Points (Simonot; Ward; Harding; Tapie; an tSaoi; Eden) (Sub: Hitchcock [K Clubs]) (MD: Jul [6]; Aug [A]; Sep [2]; Oct [A])

Cards Played: Ace of HeartsKing of SpadesAce of SpadesSeven of ClubsEight of HeartsFive of Hearts

JoeMoneypenny: 667 Points (Sheen; Reutemann; Muller; Bouteflika; Lynn; Doo-hwan) (MD: Jul [5]; Aug [3]; Sep [2]; Oct [2])

Cards Played: Four of Hearts Black JokerAce of SpadesSix of SpadesKing of HeartsFive of Diamonds

Baby Blue: 636 Points (Reutemann; Edwards; Corbett; Harding; Constantine; Metrano) (MD: Jul [9]; Aug [J]; Sep [4]; Oct [2])

Cards Played: Three of HeartsFive of ClubsThree of DiamondsNine of DiamondsSeven of DiamondsKing of Diamonds

Sean: 532 Points (Cullen; Myles-Lea; Martino; de Klerk; Gulpilil) (MD: Jul [Q]; Aug [3]; Sep [4]; Oct [3])

Cards Played: King of ClubsNine of ClubsSix of ClubsFive of ClubsNine of Spades

Bibliogryphon: 508 Points (Greaves; Fyfe; Bryer; Rose) (Sub: Stallybrass [3 Diamonds]) (MD: Jul [J]; Aug [K]; Sep [A]; Oct [7])

Cards Played: Two of ClubsKing of ClubsTen of DiamondsKing of Hearts

Yorkshire Banker: 444 Points (Ward; Harding; Gilbert; Gulpilil) (MD: Jul [A]; Aug [10]; Sep [K]; Oct [7])

Cards Played: Two of HeartsEight of DiamondsJack of HeartsSix of Clubs

Great Uncle Bulgaria: 348 Points (Hawkins; Greaves; Gulpilil) (MD: Jul [5]; Aug [K]; Sep [A]; Oct [J])

Cards Played: Four of ClubsThree of ClubsAce of Hearts

Torva Messor: 326 Points (Simonot; Patty; Dahl) (Sub: Eden [4 Clubs]) (MD: Jul [3]; Aug [8]; Sep [7]; Oct [4])

Cards Played: Three of HeartsFour of ClubsEight of Hearts

DeathByArsenic: 243 Points (Harding; Bouteflika) (Sub: Lynn [7 Diamonds]) (MD: Jul [9]; Aug [Q]; Sep [9]; Oct [6])

Cards Played: Five of DiamondsThree of Clubs

Toast: 235 Points (Lubbock; Gilbert) (Sub: Greaves [3 Hearts]) (MD: Jul [K]; Aug [7]; Sep [9]; Oct [3])

Cards Played: Seven of HeartsTen of Clubs

YoungWillz: 231 Points (Greaves; Eden) (MD: Jul [5]; Aug [10]; Sep [J]; Oct [5])

Cards Played: Jack of ClubsTwo of Spades

GuyFromFuture: 150 Points (Powell) (MD: Jul [K]; Aug [Q]; Sep [J]; Oct [A])

Cards Played: Three of Hearts

Gooseberry Crumble: 138 Points (Sondheim) (MD: Jul [Q]; Aug [9]; Sep [8]; Oct [9])

Cards Played: Six of Spades

• Thanks 1

Shame, Sondheim was an absolute legend (words I use rarely) who wrote some songs I love.

• Like 2

I think several Into The Woods references are necessary to notice the death of Sondheim.

So, a unique hit for Gooseberry Crumble, it's been Agony waiting for his first hit, and while we Lament Sondheim's passing, I Guess This Is Goodbye at last. With Bernstein now, there are Giants In The Sky, and Ever After, everyone has played at least one card, so No One Is Alone.

No bonuses, leaderboard updated.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I think several Into The Woods references are necessary to notice the death of Sondheim.

So, a unique hit for Gooseberry Crumble, it's been Agony waiting for his first hit, and while we Lament Sondheim's passing, I Guess This Is Goodbye at last. With Bernstein now, there are Giants In The Sky, and Ever After, everyone has played at least one card, so No One Is Alone.

Brilliant effort!

• Thanks 1

Sir Frank Williams lapped at last.

A sub pick for Grim Up North who draws 4 Clubs for 4 Points added.

Leaderboard updated.

With David Gulpilil being one of this year's most popular picks, you could say the shuffling about on the Leaderboard is Much Abo About Nothing.

Too many teams to mention individually escaped through the Rabbit Proof Fence with pointage - if you picked him, you know who you are.

Bonuses:

Sean plays 9 Spades - Pair 9s - 10 Additional Points
Great Uncle Bulgaria plays A Hearts - 5 Additional Points
Death Impends plays 10 Diamonds - Pair 10s (Hearts and Diamonds) - 10 Points; Pair 10s (Diamonds and Spades) - 10 Points; Two Pair 10s (Hearts and Diamonds) and 2s - 15 Points; Two Pair (Diamonds and Spades) and 2s - 15 Points; Three of a Kind (10s) - 20 Points; Full House 10s over 2s - 80 Points - Total -150 Additional Points
Salmon Mousse plays 7 Clubs - Pair 7s (Clubs and Diamonds) - 10 Points; Pair 7s (Clubs and Spades) - 10 Points; Three of a Kind (7s) - 20 Points - Total - 40 Additional Points
Perhaps plays 6 Clubs - Pair 6s - 10 Points; Two Pair 6s and 10s - 15 Points - Total - 25 Additional Points
An Fear Beag plays A Clubs - 5 Additional Points

Leaderboard updated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@YoungWillz apparently you can’t currently receive messages, so may I convert my joker into whatever card that’ll give me the most points please! 

Ta. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

@YoungWillz apparently you can’t currently receive messages, so may I convert my joker into whatever card that’ll give me the most points please! 

Ta. 

I'll have a look. Just want me to award the card if any that accrues highest award I assume.

49 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Ta. 

Right, there was only one obvious contender.

Perhaps converts Black Joker into 6 Spades.

Bonuses:

Pair 6s (Spades and Hearts) - 10 Points; Pair 6s (Spades and Clubs) - 10 Points; Two Pair 6s (Spades and Hearts) and 10s - 15 Points; Two Pair 6s (Spades and Clubs) and 10s- 15 Points; Three of A Kind (6s) - 20 Points; Flush (A, 3, 6, 9, 10 Spades) - 40 Points; Full House 6s over 10s - 80 Points - Total - 190 Added Points.

Leaderboard updated.

• Thanks 1

Hi YW - looks like 10 clubs would be best card for my black joker please.

Cheers, GUN

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Hi YW - looks like 10 clubs would be best card for my black joker please.

Cheers, GUN

Yes, I agree, leaves open the possibility of a flush in the future, as the 10 Spades would not give you the same openings.

So Grim Up North converts Black Joker to 10 Clubs.

Bonuses:

Straight (A, K, Q, J, 10) - 30 Points; Straight (K, Q, J, 10, 9) - 30 Points - Total - 60 Added Points.

Leaderboard updated.

A guy walks into an Indian restaurant. He says to the waiter "Don't know what I'd like, something not too fatty, maybe vegetarian?"

"Ah" the waiter replies, "you'll be wanting our lean dahl".

And on that terrible pun, the death of flame haired Hollywood beauty Arlene Dahl has been announced. An unique for Torva Messor here.

• Haha 1

Here we are, a month to go.

We'll be playing The Skye Boat Song on a loop, happy St Andrews Day!!!

Spinning that Card Roulette Wheel for the penultimate time:

Nine of Diamonds Five of Clubs Four of Clubs Ten of Clubs Four of Hearts Seven of Spades Three of Diamonds Jack of Hearts Ten of Diamonds Ace of Spades Ace of Hearts King of Spades Queen of Diamonds Four of Diamonds Eight of Hearts Six of Spades Three of Clubs Five of Hearts King of Diamonds Two of Clubs Seven of Diamonds Ten of Hearts Eight of Diamonds Five of Diamonds

• Like 1

Dead So Far:

Anne Stallybrass - 3 July - Obit

Rick Laird - 4 July - Obit

Stan Swamy - 5 July - Obit

Gillian Sheen Donaldson - 5 July - Obit

Axel Kahn - 6 July

Dilip Kumar - 7 July - Obit

Carlos Reutemann - 7 July - Obit

Jehan Sadat - 9 July - Obit

Ernie Moss - 11 July - Obit

Renee Simonot - 11 July - Obit

Mick Bates - 12 July - Obit

Edwin Edwards - 12 July - Obit

Paul Orndorff - 12 July - Obit

Gary Corbett - 14 July - Obit

Mary Ward - 19 July - Obit

Brian Henderson - 5 August - Obit

Gertrude Annie Kingston - ? August 2021

Jaan Kaplinski - 8 August

Patricia Hitchcock - 9 August - Obit

Gerd Muller - 15 August - Obit

Paul Mitchell III - 15 August - Obit

Sir Michael Cullen - 19 August - Obit

Sandra Richardson - 25 August - Obit

Jonathan Myles-Lea - 25 August - Obit

Michael Constantine - 31 August - Obit

Mikis Theodorakis - 2 September - Obit

Sarah Harding - 5 September - Obit

Carl Bean - 7 September - Obit

Amy Winifred Hawkins - 8 September - Obit

Art Metrano - 8 September - Obit

Terry Lubbock - 15 September - Obit

Robert Fyfe - 15 September - Obit

Jane Powell - 16 September - Obit

Abdelaziz Bouteflika - 17 September - Obit

Albert J Raboteau III - 18 September

Jimmy Greaves - 19 September - Obit

Greg Gilbert - 30 September - Obit

Bernard Tapie - 3 October - Obit

Budge Patty - 3 October - Obit

Nadia Chaudhri - 5 October - Obit

Granville Adams - 10 October - Obit

Ruthie T(h)ompson - 10 October - Obit

Ally McLaws - 15 October - Obit

Maire Mhac an tSaoi - 16 October - Obit

Betty Lynn - 16 October - Obit

Denise Bryer - 16 October - Obit

James Michael Tyler - 24 October - Obit

Pat Martino - 1 November - Obit

Alan Igglesden - 1 November - Obit

Clifford Rose - 6 November - Obit

FW de Klerk - 11 November - Obit

Bertie Auld - 14 November - Obit

Clarissa Eden - 15 November - Obit

Jyrki Kasvi - 16 November

Belinda Sykes - 16 November

Chun Doo-hwan - 23 November - Obit

Stephen Sondheim - 26 November - Obit

Sir Frank Williams - 28 November - Obit

Mustafa Cengiz - 28 November

David Gulpilil - 29 November - Obit

Arlene Dahl - 29 November - Obit

Ray Kennedy - 30 November - Obit

Duchess of Grafton - 3 December - Obit

Bob Dole - 5 December - Obit

Lars Hogh - 8 December - Obit

Lucia Hiriart - 16 December - Obit

Captain Chorizo: 1580 Points (Kumar; Reutemann; Laird; Orndorff; Cullen; Harding; Lubbock; Tapie; Tyler; de Klerk; Gulpilil; Dole) (Sub: Henderson [3 Clubs]) (MD: Jul [7]; Aug [J]; Sep [8]; Oct [J]; Nov [5])

Cards Played: Jack of DiamondsNine of HeartsSeven of SpadesEight of SpadesQueen of SpadesNine of DiamondsSix of SpadesThree of DiamondsQueen of HeartsQueen of ClubsFour of DiamondsFour of Hearts

gcreptile: 1519 Points (Swamy, Laird; Bates; Richardson; Bean; Lubbock; Chaudhri; McLaws; Igglesden; de Klerk; Gulpilil; Dole) (Sub: Kumar [5 Diamonds]; Tyler [5 Diamonds]) (MD: Jul [7]; Aug [4]; Sep [K]; Oct [Q]; Nov [K])

Cards Played: Ace of Clubs Jack of DiamondsSix of HeartsQueen of ClubsQueen of HeartsJack of ClubsTwo of SpadesAce of SpadesSix of DiamondsTwo of HeartsThree of SpadesKing of Spades

Perhaps: 1472 Points (Kumar; Reutemann; Sadat; Orndorff; Harding; Lubbock; Gilbert; de Klerk; Gulpilil; Dole) (Sub: Swamy [4 Hearts]; Auld [6 Spades]) (MD: Jul [4]; Aug [2]; Sep [Q]; Oct [Q]; Nov [2])

Cards Played: Ten of ClubsTen of SpadesThree of SpadesAce of SpadesQueen of DiamondsNine of SpadesSix of HeartsSix of ClubsSix of SpadesNine of Clubs

Death Impends: 1347 Points (Kumar; Cullen; Harding; Thompson; McLaws; Tyler; Igglesden; de Klerk; Gulpilil; Dole) (MD: Jul [A]; Aug [5]; Sep [10]; Oct [10]; Nov [8])

Cards Played: Four of SpadesThree of ClubsAce of SpadesTwo of ClubsTen of HeartsTwo of DiamondsTen of SpadesFive of HeartsTen of DiamondsKing of Spades

An Fear Beag: 1050 Points (Kumar; Muller; Cullen; Harding; Greaves; Tapie; Tyler; Gulpilil; Dole) (Sub: P. Mitchell [6 Spades]) (MD: Jul [2]; Aug [Q]; Sep [3]; Oct [Q]; Nov [10])

Cards Played: Queen of HeartsSeven of SpadesKing of ClubsSix of ClubsKing of HeartsNine of DiamondsAce of ClubsKing of SpadesTwo of Diamonds

Grim Up North: 1006 Points (Cullen; Harding; Lubbock; Gilbert; Igglesden; de Klerk; Gulpilil; Dole) (Sub: Moss [4 Hearts]; Williams (Motorsport) [4 Clubs]) (MD: Jul [9]; Aug [6]; Sep [7]; Oct [9]; Nov [7])

Cards Played: Nine of ClubsSix of DiamondsJack of ClubsAce of ClubsKing of HeartsQueen of HeartsTen of ClubsAce of Hearts

msc: 998 Points (Laird; Bates; Theodorakis; Harding; Lubbock; McLaws; Igglesden; Gulpilil; Dole) (Sub: Orndorff [10 Clubs]; de Klerk [6 Hearts]) (MD: Jul [J]; Aug [Q]; Sep [5]; Oct [7]; Nov [Q])

Cards Played: Two of SpadesThree of DiamondsNine of HeartsTen of SpadesFive of DiamondsFour of SpadesTen of HeartsJack of SpadesTwo of Clubs

Salmon Mousse: 986 Points (Reutemann; Orndorff; Henderson; Muller; Harding; Tyler; Martino; Gulpilil; Dole) (MD: Jul [Q]; Aug [4]; Sep [10]; Oct [5]; Nov [5])

Cards Played: Jack of ClubsKing of SpadesSeven of DiamondsNine of HeartsTwo of HeartsFour of ClubsSeven of SpadesSeven of ClubsQueen of Diamonds

Joey Russ: 957 Points (Laird; Harding; Bean; Lubbock; McLaws; Martino; de Klerk; Gulpilil; Dole) (Sub: Cullen [2 Diamonds]; Gilbert [8 Diamonds]) (MD: Jul [2]; Aug [8]; Sep [Q]; Oct [7]; Nov [3])

Cards Played: Eight of HeartsAce of SpadesTwo of DiamondsFour of DiamondsTen of ClubsSeven of SpadesJack of SpadesKing of DiamondsFour of Hearts

Banana: 927 Points (Kumar: Laird; Corbett; Harding; Lubbock; de Klerk; Gulpilil; Dole) (Sub: McLaws [5 Diamonds]; Igglesden [K Clubs]; Eden [9 Clubs]) (MD: Jul [J]; Aug [A]; Sep [6]; Oct [6]; Nov [8])

Cards Played: Eight of ClubsQueen of ClubsSeven of ClubsAce of ClubsQueen of HeartsQueen of SpadesKing of HeartsSix of Hearts

theoldlady: 896 Points (Muller; Cullen; Harding; Bouteflika; Adams; Eden; Gulpilil; Dole) (Sub: Gilbert [Q Hearts]) (MD: Jul [3]; Aug [9]; Sep [5]; Oct [10]; Nov [7])

Cards Played: Ten of DiamondsNine of SpadesThree of ClubsFive of HeartsSix of ClubsJack of ClubsSeven of ClubsFive of Clubs

Caleb H: 779 Points (Simonot; Ward; Harding; Tapie; an tSaoi; Eden; Hiriart) (Sub: Hitchcock [K Clubs]; Hogh [7 Clubs]) (MD: Jul [6]; Aug [A]; Sep [2]; Oct [A]; Nov [3])

Cards Played: Ace of HeartsKing of SpadesAce of SpadesSeven of ClubsEight of HeartsFive of HeartsThree of Spades

JoeMoneypenny: 681 Points (Sheen; Reutemann; Muller; Bouteflika; Lynn; Doo-hwan) (MD: Jul [5]; Aug [3]; Sep [2]; Oct [2]; Nov [A])

Cards Played: Four of Hearts Black JokerAce of SpadesSix of SpadesKing of HeartsFive of Diamonds

Baby Blue: 645 Points (Reutemann; Edwards; Corbett; Harding; Constantine; Metrano) (Sub: Hiriart [5 Spades]) (MD: Jul [9]; Aug [J]; Sep [4]; Oct [2]; Nov [4])

Cards Played: Three of HeartsFive of ClubsThree of DiamondsNine of DiamondsSeven of DiamondsKing of Diamonds

Sean: 643 Points (Cullen; Myles-Lea; Martino; de Klerk; Gulpilil; Kennedy) (MD: Jul [Q]; Aug [3]; Sep [4]; Oct [3]; Nov [J])

Cards Played: King of ClubsNine of ClubsSix of ClubsFive of ClubsNine of SpadesThree of Hearts

Yorkshire Banker: 548 Points (Ward; Harding; Gilbert; Gulpilil; Grafton) (MD: Jul [A]; Aug [10]; Sep [K]; Oct [7]; Nov [4])

Cards Played: Two of HeartsEight of DiamondsJack of HeartsSix of ClubsThree of Clubs

Bibliogryphon: 518 Points (Greaves; Fyfe; Bryer; Rose) (Sub: Stallybrass [3 Diamonds]) (MD: Jul [J]; Aug [K]; Sep [A]; Oct [7]; Nov [10])

Cards Played: Two of ClubsKing of ClubsTen of DiamondsKing of Hearts

Great Uncle Bulgaria: 458 Points (Hawkins; Greaves; Gulpilil; Dole) (MD: Jul [5]; Aug [K]; Sep [A]; Oct [J]; Nov [10])

Cards Played: Four of ClubsThree of ClubsAce of HeartsTwo of Hearts

Torva Messor: 442 Points (Simonot; Patty; Dahl; Dole) (Sub: Eden [4 Clubs]) (MD: Jul [3]; Aug [8]; Sep [7]; Oct [4]; Nov [6])

Cards Played: Three of HeartsFour of ClubsEight of HeartsEight of Diamonds

DeathByArsenic: 348 Points (Harding; Bouteflika; Dole) (Sub: Lynn [7 Diamonds]) (MD: Jul [9]; Aug [Q]; Sep [9]; Oct [6]; Nov [5])

Cards Played: Five of DiamondsThree of ClubsJack of Hearts

Toast: 348 Points (Lubbock; Gilbert; Dole) (Sub: Greaves [3 Hearts]) (MD: Jul [K]; Aug [7]; Sep [9]; Oct [3]; Nov [K])

Cards Played: Seven of HeartsTen of ClubsThree of Hearts

YoungWillz: 340 Points (Greaves; Eden; Dole) (MD: Jul [5]; Aug [10]; Sep [J]; Oct [5]; Nov [9])

Cards Played: Jack of ClubsTwo of SpadesNine of Spades

GuyFromFuture: 264 Points (Powell; Dole) (MD: Jul [K]; Aug [Q]; Sep [J]; Oct [A]; Nov [4])

Cards Played: Three of HeartsThree of Spades

Gooseberry Crumble: 152 Points (Sondheim) (MD: Jul [Q]; Aug [9]; Sep [8]; Oct [9]; Nov [A])

Cards Played: Six of Spades

• Thanks 1

Liverpool footballer Ray Kennedy has died after a long battle with Parkinsons. Poor Michael and Mary.

Anyhow, an unique for Sean who has persistently picked Kennedy here and this year it struck.

• Like 1

Less than 3 hours to go, so I suppose I had better cash in my Joker. 

I'll have the King of Spades please.

(And  a QO for Belinda Sykes would be nice, if you have one lying around!)

• Haha 1

My joker pick is still alive, so I don't need to do anything, right?

27 minutes ago, An Fear Beag said:

Less than 3 hours to go, so I suppose I had better cash in my Joker. 

I'll have the King of Spades please.

(And  a QO for Belinda Sykes would be nice, if you have one lying around!)

Ok.

Black Joker converted to K Spades.

Bonuses:

Pair Ks (Spades and Clubs) - 10 Points; Pair Ks (Spades and Hearts) - 10 Points; Three of a Kind - Ks - 20 Points - Total - 50 Additional Points.

Leaderboard updated.

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

My joker pick is still alive, so I don't need to do anything, right?

Yes, only when the Joker is played can it then be converted. And it can only be played when the pick is dead and has a QO.

Note that after today, players have 48 hours from when the death is announced on the thread to convert their Joker. 

• Thanks 1

The Mistress of the Robes has died. Well, laundry is hard when you are 101!!

The Duchess of Grafton's death is good Fortune Fitzroy for Yorkshire Banker, an unique hit.

Dole's a popular pick. There will be a short hiatus before updating, as I'm going through the grieving process of losing a pick for the DDP next year seconds after sending my teams on the email.

(There may also be some swearing coming from the manager's office - don't worry!)

Well, Bob Dole, Senator, Leader, Presidential Candidate blah blah blah is dead. Probably the pick of the pops and like a typical fucking American he's making me work on a Sunday! Too many players to mention picked him, if you didn't you got nothing.

Suppose I'd better dole out some points.

Bonuses:

Guy From Future plays 3 Spades - Pair 3s - 10 Points
theoldlady plays 5 Clubs - Pair 5s - 10 Points; Flush (3, 5, 6. 7, J Clubs) - 40 Points - Total - 50 Points
msc - 2 Clubs - Pair 2s - 10 Points; Two Pair (2s and 10s) - 15 Points - Total - 25 Points
Torva Messor plays 8 Diamonds - Pair 8s - 10 Points
Joey Russ plays 4 Hearts - Pair 4s - 10 Points
Perhaps plays 9 Clubs - Pair 9s - 10 Points; Two Pair 9s and 10s - 15 Points; Two Pair 9s and 6s (Hearts and Clubs) - 15 Points; Two Pair 9s and 6s (Hearts and Spades) - 15 Points; Two Pair 9s and 6s (Clubs and Spades) - 15 Points; Full House - 6s over 9s - 80 Points - Total - 150 Points
Grim Up North plays A Hearts - 5 Points; Pair As - 10 Points; Straight (A Hearts, K, Q, J, 10) - 30 Points - Total - 45 Points
Captain Chorizo plays 4 Hearts - Pair 4s - 10 Points; Two Pair 4s and 9s - 15 Points; Two Pair 4s and Qs (Spades and Hearts) - 15 Points; Two Pair 4s and Qs (Spades and Clubs) - 15 Points; Two Pair 4s and Qs (Hearts and Clubs) - 15 Points; Full House Qs over 4s - 80 Points - Total- 150 Points

And with that, gcreptile loses the long held lead to Captain Chorizo, but who is that I see trying to steal the crown again this year? Perhaps, with a canny cash in of the Joker, has a bumper crop of points again. It's terribly congested at the top, this could all come down to the spin of a Roulette Wheel at the end of the month!

Oh my, tis exciting.

• Thanks 3

Your manager has been a little distracted lately but I don't get bereavement leave.

Danish goalie Hogh has seen his Lars day. CalebH kept him on the subs bench, safely unique, and draws 7 Clubs for 7 added points.

Leaderboard updated.