maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2022

7 minutes ago, Toast said:

It's not for me to say.  But I remember the discussions at the time the rule was drawn up, and it was to cover cases where people had died months or even years earlier but gone under the radar.  

It was made stricter in 2018 after some chancer won the entire thing with the rule coming into effect twice. B)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

It's not for me to say.  But I remember the discussions at the time the rule was drawn up, and it was to cover cases where people had died months or even years earlier but gone under the radar.  

Too fucking right, this is totally different to some twat wilfully obscuring himself to avoid arrest. He died in 2021, no question. The news reports are dated yesterday and his gofundme page puts his death as "this afternoon" so even if he died at 6pm US time he didn't make it over the line in GMT (and in any case we'd only split hairs to that extent if this was a tiebreak, which it clearly isn't). 

DNS DUE TO DEATH, summat a sporting man like himself would understand if it appeared in the official results of a race - end of!

So far as I can see other dead pools - like HPDP - have it that way too.

• Like 3

Oh aye, and...

So far as I can see, nobody's actually scored on the first day - not even this much fancied legend who used to do it at will a few decades back

241751837_407490720734977_52121802238632

• Like 1

And here is the news!!!

Img32349577-5-1068x712.jpg

Book – 728

Death Impends – 728

gcreptile – 728

Joey Russ – 728

msc – 728

The Old Lady – 728

Welp, I clearly picked the wrong Joker.  A lot of climbing to do now.

1 hour ago, Salmon Mousse said:

Welp, I clearly picked the wrong Joker.  A lot of climbing to do now.

Aye well...Deathrace apart, most of 'em are marathons, not sprints. I debated Burgess as my DDP joker but I can't see the one I eventually picked - Russell Bishop - getting any more Christmas cards!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye well...Deathrace apart, most of 'em are marathons, not sprints. I debated Burgess as my DDP joker but I can't see the one I eventually picked - Russell Bishop - getting any more Christmas cards!

Bishop's my joker here

On 01/11/2021 at 09:42, maryportfuncity said:

Norman Lloyd - db - DIED IN FUCKING MAY 2021 (WTF WAS DB THINKING?)

Whoops... I have absolutely no idea who this was in any case.. was just filling spaces... Sorry, at least I gave you something to do... :burnash:

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Hi @maryportfuncity just incase you had forgotten in all the ne year kerfuffle    I need Doreen Mantle my sub to replace Betty White in the masterlist please. 

There's only the one dead on your team, right - and this sub is already in play for you

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFL9Zi40CskgUHpD82aEG

32 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

There's only the one dead on your team, right - and this sub is already in play for you

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFL9Zi40CskgUHpD82aEG

EO Wilson  and Betty White  from my team died before 1st January. 

4 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

EO Wilson  and Betty White  from my team died before 1st January. 

Okay, so one unique pick  dies and gets replaced by another - for everyone else's benefit this is 95 year old South African actress Doreen Mantle. I'm assuming the dentist who worked on that bridge (top, front) was colourblind

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxNJl_Ry3ItKCITXSlZf1

• Thanks 2

Igor Bogdanoff is a hit here

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

Okay, so one unique pick  dies and gets replaced by another - for everyone else's benefit this is 95 year old South African actress Doreen Mantle. I'm assuming the dentist who worked on that bridge (top, front) was colourblind

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxNJl_Ry3ItKCITXSlZf1

Many thanks!!

Better known as  Jean Warboys the neighbour of Victor  Meldrew in One foot in the grave!

Gosh you are harsh  lol but admittedly  her teeth ain't the best!

13 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Many thanks!!

Better known as  Jean Warboys the neighbour of Victor  Meldrew in One foot in the grave!

Gosh you are harsh  lol but admittedly  her teeth ain't the best!

Oh aye, forgotten her in One Foot in the Grave - q/o a shoo-in, but this game can be fast. That said, THREE days done only ONE death as far as I can see. 

Or am I missing summat?

No, wait....I AM missing summat, I'll sort the points as soon as I quell the spontaneous sexual reactions that have just afflicted me. Great days for dead pooling these, eh?

Link - https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-igor-bodganoff-dead--25844240

• Like 1

The last surviving Bogdanoff brother bites the dust and leaves our own Danielle as the undisputed leader of Z list plastic surgery disasters, or summat!

0_Danniella-Westbrook.jpg

Oh aye, and it's hotting up as the weather gets colder!

Book – 1090

Death Impends – 728

gcreptile – 728

Joey Russ – 728

msc – 728

The Old Lady – 728

An Fear Beag - 726

Banana - 726

Captain Chorizo – 726

Drol - 726

1 hour ago, Banana said:

Victor Calvagna has passed away. Joker hit for me and a hit for An Fear Bag. https://www.independent.com.mt/articles/2022-01-04/local-news/Beloved-doctor-Victor-Calvagna-passes-away-6736239522

Cheers Banana, your selflessness in aiding the cause of our defending champion is impressive! 

James Whale - looks smug at the thought he'll get the last laugh on the Deathracers. 

James_Whale.jpg

Day 4 and it's delivering on the fast ''n' furious billing

Banana - 1448

Book – 1090

An Fear Beag - 1087

• Like 2

What is the rule in this game if someone's Joker dies before the start of the game, as Billy Turner did for me? 

When I discovered his demise on the morning of Jan 1st, I wrote "If I am allowed to choose a different Joker, then Victor Calvagna will do, assuming that his family didn't pull the plug in time to hold hands and sing Auld Lang Syne around the corpse as Jools Holland counted them down to midnight!"

Does that count as a change of Joker?

Alternatively I could just have the first of my picks that appears on the master-list on the first page, whoever that might be. Let me see ..... Oh it's Igor Bogdanoff! ;)

29 minutes ago, An Fear Beag said:

What is the rule in this game if someone's Joker dies before the start of the game, as Billy Turner did for me? 

When I discovered his demise on the morning of Jan 1st, I wrote "If I am allowed to choose a different Joker, then Victor Calvagna will do, assuming that his family didn't pull the plug in time to hold hands and sing Auld Lang Syne around the corpse as Jools Holland counted them down to midnight!"

Does that count as a change of Joker?

Alternatively I could just have the first of my picks that appears on the master-list on the first page, whoever that might be. Let me see ..... Oh it's Igor Bogdanoff! ;)

So, the usual rule is that I'd pm you and ask, or post the request on the thread. In the absence of an answer the default is the highest placed person on your list who is alive. The ultimate rule is that my decision is final. What I'm seeing is that you picked a joker in time and I missed that you'd lost the first joker (because if I'd done the job properly I'd have asked you and put Siraji in as default until you replied). Tbh, I was a little hungover, which didn't help. So, I'm seeing you picked a living person and did copped for a dead joker. Therefore - I'm minded on the basis of your post on 1 Jan to add the extra points and pour even more fuel on the fire that is the leaderboard: 

An Fear Beag - 1448

Banana - 1448

Book – 1090

• Thanks 1

I object! :P

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, the usual rule is that I'd pm you and ask, or post the request on the thread. In the absence of an answer the default is the highest placed person on your list who is alive. The ultimate rule is that my decision is final. What I'm seeing is that you picked a joker in time and I missed that you'd lost the first joker (because if I'd done the job properly I'd have asked you and put Siraji in as default until you replied). Tbh, I was a little hungover, which didn't help. So, I'm seeing you picked a living person and did copped for a dead joker. Therefore - I'm minded on the basis of your post on 1 Jan to add the extra points and pour even more fuel on the fire that is the leaderboard: 

An Fear Beag - 1448

Banana - 1448

Book – 1090

A very wise and reasoned judgement MPFC. Thank you.

6 hours ago, Banana said:

I object! :P

M'lud, I must take exception to the unwarranted and frankly frivolous objections of my opponent in these matters:angry:. While he may be indirectly affected by the wise judgments passed earlier, he has no clear locus standi in this matter, and is merely using this objection as a means to waste time, frustrate the game-runner and intimidate the other players.

I request that he be removed from the game with immediate effect before he is given further opportunity to disrupt the smooth running of this fine pool:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1