maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2022

11 minutes ago, drol said:

Is this a joke?

To clarify: it would suffice just a hit out of about 20 to end this, yet we have been stuck for days.

Aye, the question being which  life-prolonging pharmaceutical giant will want to sponsor us next year?

On 10/01/2022 at 15:27, An Fear Beag said:

I'll stand by my prediction, either Banana finishes this quickly, or we are a few weeks away from the end you crave :D

How many more days before I can say "I told you so"? :D

The Kaikala bastard has completely recovered!

Also with Paul Oebel on the mend I must need Frank Field or a very lucky strike...

Yeah, my route to victory really relies on a heavy downturn with one of my differentials. I’m pretty sure that most of them will die this year, but most of them feels more latter half of the year deaths at this point…

On 19/01/2022 at 04:12, Banana said:

Winning scenarios

An Fear Beag: 

Constantine II, Larry Garza, Carlos Guerrero, Mosharraf Hossain, George Perez, Vicky Phelan, Leslie Phillips, Amy Pieters, Silvia Pinal, Amir Siraji, Mauricio Zamparini

Banana:

Hisham Abu Hawash, Diane Berberian, Russell Bishop, Chan Yat-yin, Dan Lacey, Stephen McMullan, Tyler Moldovan, Julia Reichert, Christos Sartzetakis, Colin Thomson, Isabel Torres, Alyson Williams

Drol:

George Alagiah, Bobby Caldwell, Tung Chee-hwa, Luis Echeverria, Vic Elford, Frank Field, John Gwynne, Paul Oebel, Mao Santa, Kaikala Satyanarayana, Brandt Schmitz, Tom Smith

Joey Russ:

Silas Alexander, Francoise Hardy, Tim Keller, Adam Lewis, James Lovelock, Gavin Robertson, Dwight Watson, Don West, Milos Zeman, Khaleda Zia

Captain Chorizo:

Martti Ahtisaari, Violeta Chamorro, Walter Ferguson, Bill Fitch, Laura Hydes, Estanislao Esteban Karlic, Mike Mora, Amy Price, Antonia da Santa Cruz, Henry Silva, Norman Tebbit, Tiffany Youngs

Continue on for Banana & An Fear Bag:

Sohel Rana, Paul Ray, Susie Steiner

Truly anybody's game.

FWIW, I think Pele would also win it for me. Not that this is likely to happen quickly enough to win it - I'd say he is second half of the year, if it is this year at all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, An Fear Beag said:

FWIW, I think Pele would also win it for me. Not that this is likely to happen quickly enough to win it - I'd say he is second half of the year, if it is this year at all.

Honestly can see him going during the World Cup which is 21st November to 18th December. 

12 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Honestly can see him going during the World Cup which is 21st November to 18th December. 

There's always a DL name going around the tournaments. The Casey Kasem final saga kept lingering on during a quite exciting period of games at the 2014 World Cup, and Lord Carrington snuffed it in 2018 on the day of the France/Belgium semi-final. Understandably, Belgium were just too upset by the news to play any decent football that day...

• Like 1

I have been checking the health on my pick Greg Mears basically every six hours. Went into hospice around christmas, but no news since.

Roider Cabrera fell into a coma, then vegetative state, had surgery, still lying around there.

Dan Lacey, Pancake painter, off radar death?

And on the clock: Frank Field, Russell Bishop, Susie Steiner (it's a very slow clock), Catherine Wybourne as well, Vicky Phelan....nothing is happening.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I have been checking the health on my pick Greg Mears basically every six hours. Went into hospice around christmas, but no news since.

Roider Cabrera fell into a coma, then vegetative state, had surgery, still lying around there.

Dan Lacey, Pancake painter, off radar death?

And on the clock: Frank Field, Russell Bishop, Susie Steiner (it's a very slow clock), Catherine Wybourne as well, Vicky Phelan....nothing is happening.

Nothing is happening, yet...I confidently predict we won't have another scenario in which nobody takes the title.

6 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Nothing is happening, yet...I confidently predict we won't have another scenario in which nobody takes the title.

You're not really sticking your neck out too far with that prediction MPFC :rolleyes:.  By my very rough calculations, all of the winning scenario picks would have to survive until around the end of May for that to happen. A touch unlikely I'd have thought. 

Nightmare scenario - Susie Steiner snuffs it, and myself and Banana fight out an interminable tie-breaker in which all of our our remaining picks refuse to budge :lol:

1 minute ago, An Fear Beag said:

You're not really sticking your neck out too far with that prediction MPFC :rolleyes:.  By my very rough calculations, all of the winning scenario picks would have to survive until around the end of May for that to happen. A touch unlikely I'd have thought. 

Nightmare scenario - Susie Steiner snuffs it, and myself and Banana fight out an interminable tie-breaker in which all of our our remaining picks refuse to budge :lol:

Or all your mutual picks die one after the other whilst none of the unique picks between you shows any sign of carking

On 19/01/2022 at 04:12, Banana said:

Winning scenarios

An Fear Beag: 

Constantine II, Larry Garza, Carlos Guerrero, Mosharraf Hossain, Pele, George Perez, Vicky Phelan, Leslie Phillips, Amy Pieters, Silvia Pinal, Amir Siraji, Mauricio Zamparini

Banana:

Hisham Abu Hawash, Diane Berberian, Russell Bishop, Chan Yat-yin, Dan Lacey, Stephen McMullan, Tyler Moldovan, Julia Reichert, Christos Sartzetakis, Colin Thomson, Isabel Torres, Alyson Williams

Drol:

George Alagiah, Bobby Caldwell, Tung Chee-hwa, Luis Echeverria, Vic Elford, Frank Field, John Gwynne, Paul Oebel, Mao Santa, Kaikala Satyanarayana, Brandt Schmitz, Tom Smith

Joey Russ:

Silas Alexander, Francoise Hardy, Tim Keller, Adam Lewis, James Lovelock, Gavin Robertson, Dwight Watson, Don West, Milos Zeman, Khaleda Zia

Captain Chorizo:

Martti Ahtisaari, Violeta Chamorro, Walter Ferguson, Bill Fitch, Laura Hydes, Estanislao Esteban Karlic, Mike Mora, Amy Price, Antonia da Santa Cruz, Henry Silva, Norman Tebbit, Tiffany Youngs

Continue on for Banana & An Fear Bag:

Sohel Rana, Paul Ray, Susie Steiner

Truly anybody's game.

Congratulations @Banana
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17393027/russell-bishop-dead-babes-wood-child-murderer-cancer/

Always a great feeling when it’s someone evil dying that leads to a Dead pool victory. 

• Like 5

Yeah, seems legit. Well done, Banana!

• Like 1

Congrats, Banana!

• Like 1

Well done, Banana!!

Well done Banana, and what a good hit to win it on, too.

• Like 1

That's made my day. Well played Banana.

• Like 1

well done banana.

apart from the 2 who unhelpfully died before kick off, all my team are still doing very nicely thank you.

• Like 1

Aye, we'll call that as a done deal and three lively weeks of full-on dead pooling fun finally finds itself a winner. The usual slight delay will commence just in case some other stiff comes out of the ether and turns out to have pooped the party with a departure ahead of the much fancied Bishop. 

_104723765_bishop976.jpg

As things stand 26 teams scored, a few were in contention and more than usual hit four figures. 

Banana - 2154

Joey Russ – 2140

An Fear Beag - 1810

Drol - 1797

Captain Chorizo – 1794

Book – 1789

gcreptile – 1786

msc – 1416

Salmon Mousse - 1409

Death Impends – 1088

The Old Lady – 1082

Wannamaker - 1060

Sideik – 1055

Maryportfuncity - 1052

The Old Crem - 718

Pedro67 – 713

Toast - 702

John Key - 364

Predictor - 364

Torva Messor – 364

The Unknown Man – 364

WEP - 364

The Daredevil - 358

TheSpinosaurus - 356

Doulton - 355

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My bad btw - Bishop pegged out yesterday so the main scoreboard has been duly adjusted, one more point for most with myself and Mousse snagging an extra brace - but all positions in the table as they were.

I was getting a little worried there. It had been a week since anyone on my master list died. Well fought battle from my fellow competitors. Truly came down to the line.