Joey Russ

Thoughts On The 2022 List

Isn’t a thread asking how many hits the same as asking what I think of this years DL?

8 hits.  That’s what I think of it.  Same sodding thing.

SC

19 hours ago, MortalCaso said:

What do Dick Cheney and Joe Biden have to do with each other? Don't understand your point

It doesn't.
Be a nice score to Biden on there and he croaked. 2 years younger than Dick

First graph of 2022

The last time we had a hit this early (2011) there were only seven hits

image.thumb.png.3e7fdf317c8837525fa76e9ca6198e1f.png

• Like 1

On 07/01/2022 at 01:07, TheCemetaryMan said:

It doesn't.
Be a nice score to Biden on there and he croaked. 2 years younger than Dick

If you are nominating people simply due to their age then you're not doing it right. While age is a main factor, health problems is another major factor (especially terminal illness). 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

First graph of 2022

image.thumb.png.3e7fdf317c8837525fa76e9ca6198e1f.png

Why though?

Its completely random. It has different people every year. An early hit doesn’t mean we will only get 7 this time. 

Why?

Just now, Windsor said:

Why though?

Its completely random. It has different people every year. An early hit doesn’t mean we will only get 7 this time. 

Why?

I think it’s less of a prediction and more of an observation. Though given there’s already 2 hits I suspect they’ll get more than 7 this time…

• Like 1

Just now, Joey Russ said:

I think it’s less of a prediction and more of an observation.

But why? 

I haven’t been this perplexed by unnecessary math/graphs since Rotten Ali’s  selection criteria was revealed…

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

If you are nominating people simply due to their age then you're not doing it right. While age is a main factor, health problems is another major factor (especially terminal illness). 

He is79 and senile. Can't even say a sentence properly. 

• Facepalm 4

I think there’s the potential for a few shock Christmas deaths with this list, otherwise it’s playing very safe with a shit tonne of “unmissables” like QEII and Attenborough

So with the second hit we are clearly ahead of the pack. If we are to break the record then we would be looking at a death every 17.4 days which means the third hit would need to come before 21 Feb to stay on track.

2020 was an unusual year in that the deaths were fairly evenly spread but most years form an s shape with a sharp cluster of deaths

image.thumb.png.5e025668071c0ac0a89adc18f019afcc.png

• Like 4

14 hours ago, TheCemetaryMan said:

He is79 and senile. Can't even say a sentence properly. 

So was Ronald Reagan at that age, and he survived another 15 years after. Dont get me wrong, he's not a completely terrible pick - as he could be assassinated by someone who hates him or he could get Covid etc - but it is very unlikely he will die this year.

If you put Biden next to someone on this years list; say for example the Queen, who has become a lot more frail in recent months and may also be less willing to live now that she's lost her husband last year. Put her in comparison to Biden. Biden is out and about all the time constantly doing stuff. Biden does not meet the criteria to be put on the top 50 whereas a lot of people on there are terminally ill, very frail and/or in their 90s. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/01/2022 at 08:24, Kenny McCormick said:

So was Ronald Reagan at that age, and he survived another 15 years after. Dont get me wrong, he's not a completely terrible pick - as he could be assassinated by someone who hates him or he could get Covid etc - but it is very unlikely he will die this year.

If you put Biden next to someone on this years list; say for example the Queen, who has become a lot more frail in recent months and may also be less willing to live now that she's lost her husband last year. Put her in comparison to Biden. Biden is out and about all the time constantly doing stuff. Biden does not meet the criteria to be put on the top 50 whereas a lot of people on there are terminally ill, very frail and/or in their 90s. 

Biden could go this year. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

50 minutes ago, TheCemetaryMan said:

Biden could go this year. 

Anyone could go any year. 

There is no evidence that Biden is likely to die this year. Keep your politics out of deadpooling. I agree he has issues, doesn't mean soon to die

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

36 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

Anyone could go any year. 

There is no evidence that Biden is likely to die this year. Keep your politics out of deadpooling. I agree he has issues, doesn't mean soon to die

You just put anyone could go any year, 

How many politicians are on this year's list? 

Sounds like you are offended I put Hair sniffing Biden on the suggestion list.

• Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, TheCemetaryMan said:

I really don't care who you suggest or about your opinion. 

Pretty obvious Joe Biden is miles different than Jimmy Carter or Kissinger. Hell or even Clinton with his health issues. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

I really don't care who you suggest or about your opinion. 

Pretty obvious Joe Biden is miles different than Jimmy Carter or Kissinger. Hell or even Clinton with his health issues. 

There are plenty of ill people in their 70s and 80s on the list. And Queen Elizabeth is on, so they allow currently sitting leaders.

• Facepalm 3

8 minutes ago, DaDeathGuy said:

There are plenty of ill people in their 70s and 80s on the list. And Queen Elizabeth is on, so they allow currently sitting leaders.

What is Joe Biden's illness?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

What is Joe Biden's illness?

Looking at their list, I want to know what Justin Trudeau and Al Gore's are.

(I would not consider Trudeau for another 40-something years)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Looking at their list, I want to know what Justin Trudeau and Al Gore's are.

(I would not consider Trudeau for another 40-something years)

Let's be honest, it's being politically on the left (at least what passes for the left in the US/Canada)

It's a very interesting list is all I'm saying, and definitely feels more like wish fulfillment in sections than actual predictions. Which isn't necessarily a wrong way to deadpool, but it's definitely not the way to determine the main list. 

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, TheCemetaryMan said:

Just because someone isn't on the list doesn't mean we either like or dislike them. Personally I don't like Biden either, or any democrat (or republican) for that matter, that doesnt mean he should be on the list. If Biden lost 20% of his body weight and is wheeled around the Oval Office and incomprehensibly grunts every time he is spoken to then he'll be added to the list. 

Referring to the point I made earlier (which you completely ignored) many of these people have been on the brink of death and/or become increasingly more and more frail. Phil Collins will make it to DL sooner than Biden will.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Just because someone isn't on the list doesn't mean we either like or dislike them. Personally I don't like Biden either, or any democrat (or republican) for that matter, that doesnt mean he should be on the list. If Biden lost 20% of his body weight and is wheeled around the Oval Office and incomprehensibly grunts every time he is spoken to then he'll be added to the list. 

Referring to the point I made earlier (which you completely ignored) many of these people have been on the brink of death and/or become increasingly more and more frail. Phil Collins will make it to DL sooner than Biden will.

Conversely it is almost certain that Biden will make the list at some point as long as he doesn't go suddenly.

I can't remember the last time a list did not have a US president, Vice-President or First Lady on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Conversely it is almost certain that Biden will make the list at some point as long as he doesn't go suddenly.

I can't remember the last time a list did not have a US president, Vice-President or First Lady on.

Biden and Trump will probably both come onto the list around the same time tbh, at least thats my prediction.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Biden and Trump will probably both come onto the list around the same time tbh, at least thats my prediction.

Like Bush and Carter

Not sure how long Clinton is going to go without being on there

5 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

If I remember correctly, the most recent miss from those categories was Spiro Agnew in 1996.

Pat Nixon died in 1993 and was also a miss.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Like Bush and Carter

Not sure how long Clinton is going to go without being on there

Clinton lives an arguably healthier life than Trump, despite being the same age. But on the contrary, Clinton does look like shit... but then again if you had Hillary for a wife then you would look like shit too xD

images.jpg.6b30b624d4df02870e64bb799df5cefb.jpg

• Haha 4