The Daredevil

Françoise Hardy

12 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

Françoise Hardy has died aged 80.

Was jus reading Thomas Dutronc talking about her yesterday… such a sad loss, rest in peace

edit : I swear I was thinking about her yesterday and told to myself « What a bummer if She dies this year without even being on my DDP main team » well… 

• Like 1

The one year I actually ignored her completely....

RIP... it's not like we weren't warned.

• Like 1

Really sad, she makes me cry when I listen her songs and now she makes me cry because she died... 

Damn good lookin woman in her heydays. I'm questioning the choices of my dad. I would be good looking too. :D

Coat please....

• Haha 1

I still see no BBC news announcement. They're not normally this late to the punch with figures of her cultural standing.

Just now, Sod's Law said:

I still see no BBC news announcement. They're not normally this late to the punch with figures of her cultural standing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13519845/Iconic-1960s-French-singer-Francoise-Hardy-dies-aged-80-long-battle-cancer.html

Would you like to complete this sentence for the sad death of Francoise Hardy as you outlive another one? Rest In......?

Jimmy Carter GIF by GIPHY News

Really sad news, but not unexpected and now she is free.

RIP

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Really sad news, but not unexpected and now she is free.

RIP

Oh come come VT, you've got to tell us about that time you brought her a cup of coffee when she appeared on Look Up North Today in 1973! ("lovely woman").

And Ocky, how about that time you met her when she won the 1968 British Grand Prix in a 2CV?! ("she was a lovely woman").

Anyway, obviously I bumped into her backstage at Woodstock in 1957. She was a lovely lady.

Hours After her death, I still not realize that she died... She's definitely the saddest french death this year

27 minutes ago, Fantomasss said:

Hours After her death, I still not realize that she died... She's definitely the saddest french death this year

Tbh same… since I’m on this forum, I rarely get real touched by a celeb death. Hardy is comparable to Birkin last year, approximately at the same time of the year, two 50-60´s icons dying around 75-80. The only difference for me is how weird Hardy’s passing feels : I thought about it all day long and can’t process it as I (for a while) thought she was a Delon-attention-seeker kind. A bit frustrated that Eric Ciotti’s coup makes all the frontpage instead of her, we’ll see tomorrow

3 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Tbh same… since I’m on this forum, I rarely get real touched by a celeb death. Hardy is comparable to Birkin last year, approximately at the same time of the year, two 50-60´s icons dying around 75-80. The only difference for me is how weird Hardy’s passing feels : I thought about it all day long and can’t process it as I (for a while) thought she was a Delon-attention-seeker kind. A bit frustrated that Eric Ciotti’s coup makes all the frontpage instead of her, we’ll see tomorrow

Yes the actuality makes feel Bad more about her death because the politic level is very poor, and clearly I also thought to Jane Birkin. i think That the last Time That I was so sad was for the death of Aznavour 

• Like 2

Maybe late to the party, but I absolutely loved Françoise Hardy.

• Like 5

On 13/06/2024 at 04:34, Lafaucheuse said:

I thought about it all day long and can’t process it as I (for a while) thought she was a Delon-attention-seeker kind.

And now Delon is the equivalent of a 2021 Jean-Louis Trintignant. He'll be going in late 2024 or early 2025 most likely- although I would not be surprised if he died any day from now.

2 hours ago, drol said:

Maybe late to the party, but I absolutely loved Françoise Hardy.

Same, l’amitié must be my fav but Le Premier Bonheur du Jour, J’aurais Voulu and Des Ronds dans l’eau are close seconds 

Mon amie la rose, Voilà, La maison où j'ai grandi, Tant de belles choses... A lot of beautiful songs...