Sign in to follow this  
The Daredevil

Thelma Barlow

I don't know why are you so obsessed over creating new threads, I usually don't really mind them, but it seems a bit excessive to create so many of them in such a short time.

Thanks for letting me know about someone born in 1929 to add to my list.

46 minutes ago, wannamaker said:

I don't know why are you so obsessed over creating new threads, I usually don't really mind them, but it seems a bit excessive to create so many of them in such a short time.

Life begins at 40 (and counting)

6 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

I was looking for her thread, and was amazed to find out this 94-year-old icon of British television didn’t already have one. Definitely worthy enough for her own thread.

Attends Tatton Park Flower Show with Barbara Knox

This has been discussed in the Betty Driver Soapstar thread, where it was also noted that Barlow looks great for 94 and is in no imminent danger. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

This has been discussed in the Betty Driver Soapstar thread, where it was also noted that Barlow looks great for 94 and is in no imminent danger:facepalm:

IIRC the same was said of Charles Aznavour (look he's still touring) and Josephine Tewson (looking very well and out and about) and both were dead within the year.

There's been a few like that while I've been here. I pay no heed to the "they look really great" brigade.

• Like 3

Yeah a big national figure when they reach 94 is worthy of a thread however I doubt it will be used to advocate her inclusion for DL 2024.

Pete Seeger was also doing seemingly great until he died quickly at 94.Christopher Plummer and Lionel Blair were sprightly until near the end also.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Yeah a big national figure when they reach 94 is worthy of a thread however I doubt it will be used to advocate her inclusion for DL 2024.

Pete Seeger was also doing seemingly great until he died quickly at 94.Christopher Plummer and Lionel Blair were sprightly until near the end also.

I still remember my worst slip of the tongue ever on here.

When the 1926 "who will be the last surviving" type poll was set up, I went with U.S. evangelist Tim LaHaye, commenting how fit and active he was for 90. Shortly afterwards, he had a massive stroke whilst playing golf and died. That was embarrassing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1