RoverAndOut

Football Manager Sacking Bingo 3

On 29/04/2024 at 14:12, Bibliogryphon said:

Stephen Clemence out at Gillingham

Yeah, he wasn't in when this game started

• Like 1

On 02/05/2024 at 15:31, Bibliogryphon said:

David Moyes is out of contract at West Ham at the end of the season and contract negotiations will not take place until the end of the season but the owner is speculatively looking for a potential replacement (two players may get this as bonus)

Looking like Julien Lopetegui has agreed a deal to take over at West Ham, although nothing's signed yet. Very harsh on David Moyes, but let's see if West Ham reap what they sow. Wonder what's next for Moyes...

As we reach the business end of the season, a quick update to say there's been no new hits. Misses include Steve Evans at Stevenage (who left to take over at newly relegated Rotherham), Neill Collins at Barnsley (sacked with one game of the season left - it seems to work as they secured their playoff spot) and Rob Dray at National League South Taunton. 3 sackings were ineligible as Rotherham, Gillingham and Morecambe all changed manager for the second time this season - something a ridiculous 14 teams have done this season.

Klopp's imminent departure from Liverpool will give 2 teams a hit and if Moyes leaves West Ham that would give 2 (different) teams a hit. No one has Ten Hag if Jim Radcliffe chooses to pull the trigger at Old Trafford. Lots of the remaining EFL picks have been promoted this season, so are safe from the sack, but could be poached by someone higher up potentially, although a poor start to next season may be the most likely time to go. All 4 Championship play-off contenders are still in post, but would any of them be sacked if they don't get up? I think Leeds will give Farke another season, Wagner seems to have turned things around for now at Norwich, West Brom will keep Corberan and Southampton will stick with Martin. Almost all of them could be in danger if next season starts badly, however.

6 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

As we reach the business end of the season, a quick update to say there's been no new hits. Misses include Steve Evans at Stevenage (who left to take over at newly relegated Rotherham), Neill Collins at Barnsley (sacked with one game of the season left - it seems to work as they secured their playoff spot) and Rob Dray at National League South Taunton. 3 sackings were ineligible as Rotherham, Gillingham and Morecambe all changed manager for the second time this season - something a ridiculous 14 teams have done this season.

Klopp's imminent departure from Liverpool will give 2 teams a hit and if Moyes leaves West Ham that would give 2 (different) teams a hit. No one has Ten Hag if Jim Radcliffe chooses to pull the trigger at Old Trafford. Lots of the remaining EFL picks have been promoted this season, so are safe from the sack, but could be poached by someone higher up potentially, although a poor start to next season may be the most likely time to go. All 4 Championship play-off contenders are still in post, but would any of them be sacked if they don't get up? I think Leeds will give Farke another season, Wagner seems to have turned things around for now at Norwich, West Brom will keep Corberan and Southampton will stick with Martin. Almost all of them could be in danger if next season starts badly, however.

6 minutes later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c88zm0y5jnpo

David Moyes out at West Ham, to be replaced by one of the first hits of the season, Julian Lopetugui.

Personally I think he has over-performed with that squad in recent years, but then again I've not had to watch them every week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

6 minutes later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c88zm0y5jnpo

David Moyes out at West Ham, to be replaced by one of the first hits of the season, Julian Lopetugui.

Personally I think he has over-performed with that squad in recent years, but then again I've not had to watch them every week.

2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Looking like Julien Lopetegui has agreed a deal to take over at West Ham, although nothing's signed yet. Very harsh on David Moyes, but let's see if West Ham reap what they sow. Wonder what's next for Moyes...

To be fair, I mentioned that about 5 minutes before I posted the score update. And I agreed with your assessment. ;)

33 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

To be fair, I mentioned that about 5 minutes before I posted the score update. And I agreed with your assessment. ;)

sorry, so you did. I only read your second post and somehow completely missed the first one. Apologies...

• Haha 1

Palace currently 4-0 up vs Manchester United, which will leave United looking at a maximum 60 points. 

Taxi for ten Hag, then?

40 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Palace currently 4-0 up vs Manchester United, which will leave United looking at a maximum 60 points. 

Taxi for ten Hag, then?

Max 63 points. 3 games left.

10 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Max 63 points. 3 games left.

Oh aye, my bad - and of course the prestige of the FA Cup still to play for (arf!)

Enzo Maresca is not a happy chappy and will consider his position if communications at Leicester City are not improved. He was apparently kept in the dark about some of the financial problems and doesn't think he will have enough to spend to make Leicester City PL ready

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Oh aye, my bad - and of course the prestige of the FA Cup still to play for (arf!)

Even as a Man U fan I agree with the taxi. The FA Cup did not save Van Gaal.

On 07/05/2024 at 08:44, maryportfuncity said:

On 06/05/2024 at 21:47, maryportfuncity said:

Taxi for ten Hag, then?

Now 60 points max. Ratcliffe will have a field day  over the Summer.

14 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Now 60 points max. Ratcliffe will have a field day  over the Summer.

Aye

in other news am I the only one who thinks the current Man Utd manager bears more than a passing resemblance to Ratcliffe's favourite manager? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRz_39PBUaf-kAzBd_f9d7

skysports-erik-ten-hag-manchester-united

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 2:22 PM, RoverAndOut said:

Andy Crosby (Port Vale) - D

Andy Crosby was fired, but it's not in red, but the point has been scored, it just needs to be painted

Craig Elliott left Buxton, which gave me another point in this game, who signed John McGrath in his place

https://www.buxtonfc.co.uk/post/club-statement-2

https://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/former-aston-villa-burton-albion-and-doncaster-rovers-star-excited-by-new-management-role-at-buxton-4618593

I'm surprised that Vincent Kompany held on to his job despite Burnley's campaign

Some of my choices are doing very well in their positions, it will be difficult for them to leave, but we never know what the next season will be like

• Like 1

I'll post an end-of-season update after, well, the end of the season! That will include the exits of Klopp and Moyes plus any more that fall by the wayside after end-of-season reviews! Bear with...

• Like 2

The Beavers hoping for a bit of stimulation - Mel Gwinnett out and Alan Julian in at Hampton & Richmond (not too far away from The Common!) in National League South.

Bit of a surprise as they had gone from only a few points above the drop zone last season  to being in the play off positions for most of this, only missing out on the last day of the season. Clearly doesn't do to raise expectations by doing unexpectedly well.

Hit for me.

https://hamrichfc.com/blogs/news/alan-julian-becomes-beavers-boss

• Like 3

David Wagner sacked by Norwich after 4-0 rout in second leg of the play-offs last night. Points I expected to be giving out in November will now be heading to 3 teams, including my own.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

David Wagner sacked by Norwich after 4-0 rout in second leg of the play-offs last night. Points I expected to be giving out in November will now be heading to 3 teams, including my own.

That seems incredibly harsh

8 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

That seems incredibly harsh

It almost always is these days. Ironic it came at the hands of a former Norwich boss in Farke. Apparently an Arsenal coach is favourite for the job, as he worked with the new Director of Football, who was involved with loans at Arsenal previously.