Death Impends

So, How's Your 2024 Shortlist Looking?

Constantly in limbo whether to include media whores Linda Nolan and Shannen Doherty. Both have had a spread to the brain this year but I'm forever having trouble in believing they're close to the end. James Whale can be included in this too.

On paper they should have a high chance of dying next year, but because of their obsession with generating the 'poor me' articles makes me reluctant to include them. Points galore if they're a hit, but are they worth the deadspace in the team if they carry on to 2025? That's the million dollar question, I think there's a lot of red herring picks this year.

Bar the cancer attention whores I doubt I've got any uniques this year, I did think I had a couple until some blabbermouth posted the names all over this fucking site! However I am hopefully for a bigger body count for my main team in 2024.

• Like 2

On 09/12/2023 at 13:38, YoungWillz said:

Main Team - done (subject to the next 20 odd days)!

Comedy Team - done. 

TOTP - I have been through the various ailments of possible picks and indeed it's the longest shortlist I have ever had. So the question for me is - do I go for folk not all that ill who will definitely be uniques, or go for folk who others will pick (but not necessarily make the Drop 40)? Or I could just accept I'm crap at all of this and stick 20 names down, 3 subs and hope for at least one to drop in 2024.

I wouldn't say your crap at all of this -far from it! You enliven and make the world of deadpooling on here that little bit more fun and interesting  especially with your attention to detail.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I wouldn't say your crap at all of this -far from it! You enliven and make the world of deadpooling on here that little bit more fun and interesting  especially with your attention to detail.

Well my teams are, in the words of the worst PM since David Cameron, "oven ready". :lol:

You are too kind, in the past I went for really ill people one year and most survived. I've gone for uniques and got very little in return. I've gone for those I know and have loved and/or hated and the buggers live, many to this day.

So, it's all a bit of fun for me, which I take incredibly seriously. Ha!

• Like 1

I've finally thrown together a list of 17 ill people, two more who have mysteriously stopped doing what they're notable for, and someone who has a good chance of perishing in a nasty accident.

I'll wait a few more days before submitting it as I've an inkling that a few may not make the starting line, and I've already lost several picks this month.

First time I'm actually trying to make a good team, end up adding new names to the shortlist daily so it's getting tricky to decide who to pick.

• Like 3

On 18/11/2022 at 15:30, Spade_Cooley said:

Long list of around 80 at the moment, but this year's intake feels very... lot of gristle and not much meat. Either the illnesses aren't guaranteed 12-month killers or we're getting into the awkward area of Yahoo loopholes for QOs, which I never want to rely on. Don't think the 2023 champion will have 150+ points (but then I say that every year).

Called this right in the 2023 Shortlist thread. So 2024 predictions... very very tight at the top. Can easily see us getting into November with four, five teams still having a shot at winning. Could all come down to a brave pick on one of the bedblockers "seasoned" players will have given up on (Doherty, Bilton, maybe even the Big Yin?).

On 20/12/2023 at 20:44, Perhaps said:

Points galore if they're a hit, but are they worth the deadspace in the team if they carry on to 2025? That's the million dollar question, I think there's a lot of red herring picks this year.

Hmm, gives me an idea for a sort-of theme team.

On 02/12/2023 at 06:31, gcreptile said:

Hmm... what about "Eamonn Holmes' wrinkly mother-in-law"?

What about Holmes himself? Looks to have aged disproportionately in the last year or so. Perhaps Ruthie’s trying to shag him to death?

Making my way back home from the family, very likely with Corona inside of me. Let's see what the brain fog does to my final decisions.

I very much like Perhaps' definition of "deadwood". And as I was reading "Too Big to Fail" during the holidays, I think I'll actually make a "bad bank" sort-of theme team. You know, all those toxic deadpooling assets like James Whale and such.

Short list? *confused look* ;) :P lol