Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2024

9 hours ago, time said:

Photos, photos, photos!!

If you'd like to help out with adding photos for the DDP let me know here or via message and we'll make a start (I know there are a number who have already volunteered but I didn't know it was my job at the time so I ignored them, so please remind me).

Once you've declared an interest I'll get in touch with the usual guide to photo submission and we can get going. There were seven editors last year - it would be nice if we had even more this year!

Thanks in anticipation!

I will post pictures for some of my new unique picks in order to lighten your load a little.  Hope it helps. 

From my Apricot Crumble team  

ken  sprague 

image.png.3155625945ec3b26acf95385aad39014.png

image.png.a3e9731564b75a8fd3d18a91b66374a1.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, time said:

Photos, photos, photos!!

If you'd like to help out with adding photos for the DDP let me know here or via message and we'll make a start (I know there are a number who have already volunteered but I didn't know it was my job at the time so I ignored them, so please remind me).

Once you've declared an interest I'll get in touch with the usual guide to photo submission and we can get going. There were seven editors last year - it would be nice if we had even more this year!

Thanks in anticipation!

Happy to help. 

Not sure who needs to know but my main team only has 19 shown, Shannen Doherty (Joker) is missing from my One Eyed Jacks team.

@Death Impends  @Banana

9 hours ago, time said:

Photos, photos, photos!!

Thanks in anticipation!

I'm happy to help with photos.

Gooseberry Crumble  team 

Frank Clarke (photo from national portrait gallery and there are surprisingly few photos of him at all)

image.png.0aa882ad2164560f2b193fb3805936f3.png

• Like 1

Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Gooseberry Crumble  team 

Frank Clarke (photo from national portrait gallery and there are surprisingly few photos of him at all)

image.png.0aa882ad2164560f2b193fb3805936f3.png

Was just doing this one, picked the same picture.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, wannamaker said:

Was just doing this one, picked the same picture.

Good choice.  Brother of actress Margi Clarke  and a bit more reserved and level headed than his elder sister shall we say!!? My lips are sealed!

• Like 1

Dunno who Skibidi Toilet is on here, but they've got a great debut season and are 100% a future DDP champion.

• Like 1

Carl Weathers will be a List of the Missed - selected in 2014.

10 hours ago, time said:

Photos, photos, photos!!

Thanks in anticipation!

I am still willing to help

If it helps, here are photos for the unique picks on my team

Eleonora Giorgi

220px-Eleonora_Giorgi_75.jpg

Martina Arroyo

Martina Arroyo in 2013

Philip Glass

Glass in 1993

Has anyone seen a confirmed date of death for Jonnie irwin?

Please don't post pics in the thread - I know you're trying to help and I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but it just confuses things. If it gets to the point that we are missing someone and you can help, that'd be great but until then, there's probably someone already working on the pictures you're posting.

if you'd like to help in a general pic search, (i.e finding and prepping all the pics of a particular letter), DM me and I can set you to work.

thanks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I'm happy to help with photos.

thanks. see your DMs! Shout if there's any questions.

3 hours ago, time said:

Please don't post pics in the thread - I know you're trying to help and I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but it just confuses things. If it gets to the point that we are missing someone and you can help, that'd be great but until then, there's probably someone already working on the pictures you're posting.

if you'd like to help in a general pic search, (i.e finding and prepping all the pics of a particular letter), DM me and I can set you to work.

thanks.

I'd be willing to do my bit and help as long as it's not too technical.  If it just involves sending all the photos for a particular letter to you  in a private message on here or email that's great. If it involves uploading to a database  I'm likely to f*** it up. If you now think I can help please  dm me.

Cheers Gooseberry 

Heads up, will start catching up on obits again in about a week's time, along with setting up the Theme Team League. Ditto goes to updating the Hartlepool. Work is at its craziest at the end of January and for this past and this coming week I only have one day off, and didn't really want to use up that time to muse about Jonnie Irwin. But after that a more normal work schedule is resuming.

• Like 4

I must say Mel Schilling is looking good for 118!

image.png.3425859d08ed6757fd84e553012be928.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, time said:

I must say Mel Schilling is looking good for 118!

image.png.3425859d08ed6757fd84e553012be928.png

Several of the bios have the same problem this year. The bloke below was born in 1979, not 1905.

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 13.12.46.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Several of the bios have the same problem this year. The bloke below was born in 1979, not 1905.

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 13.12.46.png

If you spot any more let me know, they can be changed. (A game everyone can play not just Ulitzer!)

• Thanks 1

A few that need to be corrected:

George Schlatter year of birth is 1929, not 1932

Peter Bonerz year of birth is 1938, not 1934

Woody Allen birthdate is off by 1 day. It should be 30 November, 1935 not 1 December, 1935

8 minutes ago, time said:

If you spot any more let me know, they can be changed. (A game everyone can play not just Ulitzer!)

Al Barkow is one I noticed. Was born on 1932 but it says 1905 in the site.

Just looked at the data file (which I probably should have done in the first place), there are 13 with DoB in 1905! No need to point these out, but any other anomalies (e.g. Peter Bonerz, see above) feel free to flag up.