Book

The DL Prediction Game 2024

I had a strong feeling that they will go for Ken Livingstone after his recent Alzheimer diagnosis, as he's easily among the Top 10 most well known political figures in the UK and is exactly the kind of name they usually chose. I mean it would be to early to include him but so were many names on prior Deathlists. I'm kind of surprised to see that I was the only one who had him in mind.

• Like 1

Well done wannamaker!

• Like 2

Congratulations @wannamaker, a superb performance given the high number of new entries! A predictably average performance from me, I could have scored so many more if I'd known they were going to listen to people for a change! :lol:

Excellent performance from you too @Great Uncle Bulgaria

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congrats @Wannamaker

Pleasantly surprised to be on the rostrum, although I'm usually slightly less bad at the ones that don't involve correctly predicting who is going to die.

• Like 2

A positive score for me? Lawdy. 

I’m not likely back til next week, when I can start the fun game, but from memory it is me 1, Committee 2.

• Like 1

On 05/01/2024 at 15:36, YoungWillz said:

A positive score for me? Lawdy. 

I’m not likely back til next week, when I can start the fun game, but from memory it is me 1, Committee 2.

Playing catch up after almost a month away.

Glynis Johns received votes from me and the Committee, however Beckenbauer scored for the opposition without reply and Draper was just not Deathlisty enough for me to pick him - but the Committee did!

YW - 1; DL - 3.

• Like 1

It's the second of March and I think it's time for the first view on the hits between January and February.

The DL got off to a brilliant start - and we did the same. There were also a few more hits, for example the obvious Jonnie Irwin.

Also interesting is Toby Keith, who was taken by a total of 5 players - but only as a sub for three!

The situation is similar for Alexej Navalny and therefore very bitter for TQR, because he only had both as subs and could've taken the lead.

But it's not all that bad, because you know: This isn't about anything anymore ;)

Hits so far:

01. Derek Draper (15.08.1967 – 03.01.2024) (1 player): DL 2024, Prophet

02. Glynis Johns (05.10.1923 – 04.01.2024) (14 players): Bibliogryphon, Book, DL 2024, Etushispushingupdaisies, gcreptile, Great Uncle Bulgaria, Grimgrass, LizLemon, msc, Summer in Transylvania, The Old Crem, ThereWillBeDeaths7, TQR, wannamaker, YoungWillz

03. Franz Beckenbauer (11.09.1945 – 07.01.2024) (12): Book, diego, DL 2024, gcreptile, Great Uncle Bulgaria, Grimgrass, LizLemon, RoverAndOut, Summer in Transylvania, The Old Crem, ThereWillBeDeaths7, wannamaker, WEP,

04. Norman Jewison (21.07.1926 – 20.01.2024) (1): Etushispushingupdaisies

05. Jonnie Irwin (18.11.1973 – 02.02.2024) (11): 14:22, arghton, Bibliogryphon, Book, gcreptile, Great Uncle Bulgaria, Superstar, The Old Crem, theoldlady, TQR, WEP

06. Toby Keith (08.07.1961 – 05.02.2024) (2): Prophet, The Old Crem

07. Stan Bowles (24.12.1948 – 24.02.2024) (1): TomTomTelekom

08. Dave Myers (08.09.1957 – 28.02.2024) (1): TQR

Standings:

4 The Old Crem: Glynis Johns, Franz Beckenbauer, Jonnie Irwin, Toby Keith,

3 Book: Glynis Johns, Franz Beckenbauer, Jonnie Irwin,

3 DL 2024: Derek Draper, Glynis Johns, Franz Beckenbauer,

3 gcreptile: Glynis Johns, Franz Beckenbauer, Jonnie Irwin,

3 Great Uncle Bulgaria: Glynis Johns, Franz Beckenbauer, Jonnie Irwin,

3 TQR: Glynis Johns, Jonnie Irwin, Dave Myers,

2 Bibliogryphon: Glynis Johns, Jonnie Irwin,

2 Etushispushingupdaisies: Glynis Johns, Norman Jewison,

2 Grimgrass: Glynis Johns, Franz Beckenbauer,

2 LizLemon: Glynis Johns, Franz Beckenbauer,

2 Prophet: Derek Draper, Toby Keith,

2 Summer in Transylvania: Glynis Johns, Franz Beckenbauer,

2 ThereWillBeDeaths7: Glynis Johns, Franz Beckenbauer,

2 wannamaker: Glynis Johns, Franz Beckenbauer,

2 WEP: Franz Beckenbauer, Jonnie Irwin,

1 14:22: Jonnie Irwin,

1 arghton: Jonnie Irwin,

1 diego: Franz Beckenbauer,

1 msc: Glynis Johns,

1 RoverAndOut: Franz Beckenbauer,

1 Superstar: Jonnie Irwin,

1 theoldlady: Jonnie Irwin,

1 TomTomTelekom: Stan Bowles,

1 YoungWillz: Glynis Johns,

0 The Daredevil

• Like 1

On 05/02/2024 at 11:23, YoungWillz said:

Playing catch up after almost a month away.

Glynis Johns received votes from me and the Committee, however Beckenbauer scored for the opposition without reply and Draper was just not Deathlisty enough for me to pick him - but the Committee did!

YW - 1; DL - 3.

I'll be Frank, I expected the Committee to pick Frank Field, but they didn't and I did, which allows a small measure of catch up. Like Labour for the past 14 years however, I'm still lagging behind the big party.

YW - 2; DL - 3.

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I'll be Frank, I expected the Committee to pick Frank Field, but they didn't and I did, which allows a small measure of catch up. Like Labour for the past 14 years however, I'm still lagging behind the big party.

YW - 2; DL - 3.

And it seems like Frank Field is the one and only hit in March and April for the Prediction Game... what a drought at the moment...

• Like 3