Lafaucheuse

French Deathlist 2024

46 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I didn't think it would get so much media coverage : all the tv channel and newspaper are live about it, the Elysee has published a statement, so did Macron and the PM. Anyway, he died from cardiac arrest after an anaphylactic shock in reaction to medication injected during a medical examination. Wonder which one of the Splendid's troup will be the next one to go ? 

After Pierre Christin yesterday, another French A-lister gone by tomorrow ? 

These news probably belong in the French speaking deathlist though but anyway, I get that it's becoming a French topic here, I don't mind 

His death is a shock ! In April, it was his last public apparition :

15 minutes ago, La Tombe said:

His death is a shock !

I know it's a shock, don't get me wrong, he was an A-List celeb I know that, but I feel like his death receives more media coverage and reaction than the one of Delon for example, which seems quite odd to me… maybe it's due to its age and unexpectedness… 

edit : he did receive a Mirror obit btw, not that it's important as he wasn't a ddp pick but still 

I'm not surprised for media reaction. He was still active and Splendid has made lot of the Lost famous french movies !

Médias qualified him as a French Woody Allen about the kind of character he could be in his movies