polar duck

Benjamin Netanyahu

I suspect the UK might well withdraw from the ICC soon. America is already not a member. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I suspect the UK might well withdraw from the ICC soon. America is already not a member. 

I doubt it, the Tories don't have long in power and Labour, who are widely expected to gain power, won't want to withdraw without causing huge uproar amongst their own base among many others.

• Like 2

Just now, Brad252 said:

I doubt it, the Tories don't have long in power and Labour, who are widely expected to gain power, won't want to withdraw without causing huge uproar amongst their own base among many others.

The Tories still have six months and Labour won’t want to seen as supporting the arrest of the leader of Israel. Keir Starmer doesn’t seem to mind if he gets backbench and ordinary party members complaints. 

13 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

I doubt it because Crem said it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 17/05/2024 at 02:15, Brad252 said:

If a virus emerged with a 100% fatality rate in world leaders over the age of 70, world peace would arrive overnight.

Your optimism is touching - the reality is a bunch of power hungry youngsters (y'know, aged around 65) would grab the jobs and morph into the monsters who'd just died, and they'd throw a fuck-tonne of their GDPs at a cure for that virus!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

ICC seeks arrest warrants against him, defense minister Gallant and Sinwar for war crimes over October 7 attack and Gaza war.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/05/20/middleeast/icc-israel-hamas-arrest-warrant-war-crimes-intl/index.html

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/icc-arrest-warrants-netanyahu-hamas-140011863.html
Uk opposes it.

• Like 1

Biden opposes it as well

• Like 1

I am so exhausted with this whole Israel-Palestine situation. It's been a problem for my whole life and I just cannot care anymore. It just divides everybody, it hurts Biden in Michigan, it causes a split in Ben Shapiro's Daily Wire, students are clashing over it, and have been clashing over it since before I was a student. If I was a politician, I'd probably just let them, i.e. Israel and Palestine, battle it out on their own. Don't ask me about this issue - I won't say a single word.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The ICC has basically made Bibi more secure domestically and nailed down his Biden and Sunak support further. 

9 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The ICC has basically made Bibi more secure domestically and nailed down his Biden and Sunak support further. 

The ICC hasn't done anything yet. An application has been made and it will be argued and decided in some weeks. Sheesh (again).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

1. despite all this news, the ICC hadn't done anything yet and I doubt that the ICC issuing an arrest warrant would make Bibi even stronger somehow.
2. Could you stop running apologia for a genocidal far-right nation-state? It ceased to be funny a few months ago.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tango854 said:

1. despite all this news, the ICC hadn't done anything yet and I doubt that the ICC issuing an arrest warrant would make Bibi even stronger somehow.
2. Could you stop running apologia for a genocidal far-right nation-state? It ceased to be funny a few months ago.

I've got a much simpler solution. I muted the bastard ages ago. Not sure why everyone else hasn't at this point.

Bibi goes to Washington.

Meantime, while he's away on his holidays, Israelis are pulling the dead bodies of Israeli hostages from Gaza.

Still he has never owned the failure to protect on October 7th.

On the list of things that I will not miss is Benjamin...

10 minutes ago, polar duck said:

It's worth noting that his brother Yoni Netanyahu was the mastermind and only casualty of the most famous hostage rescue in history.

Yeah, one of the most prominent Israeli poets, Jonathan Geffen, has uttered in the past that "the wrong brother was killed."

• Like 1

6 hours ago, polar duck said:

It's worth noting that his brother Yoni Netanyahu was the mastermind and only casualty of the most famous hostage rescue in history.

Sounds like the wrong brother got named Yoni.