Sign in to follow this  
Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool VI

SCAVENGER HUNT BINGO DEADPOOL RULES

Each player picks five selections (and one sub) in each of five categories (for categories see below).

There are three ways to win

1.       You get at least one hit in each of the five categories

2.       You get all five hits in one category

3.       You get three unique hits across the whole game.

There is no fixed duration you play until there is a winner.

In the event of a tie the total number of hits across all categories and after that the number of unique hits.

Obits will not be stringent but must be in English and from a News source (not social media). The Game Controller will be checking that picks meet the category criteria at the start of the game but challenges will be accepted during the first two weeks after the full list of entries are published on the forum.

In order to ensure that there are no issues with selected names that have died prior to the game beginning each team will need a substitute in each category. This will come into play if the death of a pick was found to be before the start of the game. Once the game has begun a substitute will not invalidate a unique pick but will not count as a unique pick for the player whose substitute it was.

A unique pick is considered unique in category. For example if two categories were Conservative MPs and Contestants on Strictly Come Dancing/Dancing with the Stars and three players picked Edwina Curry in the first category and the fourth player picked her in the second category. If she eggspired then Player 4 would get a unique bonus.

When a winner is declared the selection of the next categories passes to the victor and they get to select the new categories.

The Categories for the sixth game are:

1) Anyone who has provided a credited voice for The Simpsons

This also includes people who have played themselves as long as they are credited

2) Anyone who has been a spouse of a Head Of State
For the purposes of this game HoS will include President, Monarch or Head of Government (PM) (so both Mary Wilson and Prince Philip would have counted)

3) Anyone who has won an Ivor Novello award (including band members as long as they were members at the time of the win)

This is limited to the six main competitive categories and the two commercial awards as listed below

Nominated annual awards

• Best Song Musically and Lyrically
  • Best Contemporary Song
  • Album Award
  • Best Original Film Score
  • Best Television Soundtrack
  • Best Original Video Game Score

Other annual awards

• Songwriter of the Year
  • Most Performed Work
  •  

4) Any footballer (male or female) who has won a senior international cap for England, Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales

5) Anyone credited in a movie featuring Batman (from "Batman" (1943) to "The Flash" (2023)) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_in_film

Teams must be PM’d to avoid revealing those unique picks.

There will be a two-week period after the lists are published for disputes to be settled people whose picks are removed at this point will be allowed replacements but will not be allowed to select another person's unique pick.

Entries close a midnight on 31st July 2024 (BST)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for running this again. 

I might as well be the first pain-in-the-ass to question a category.

Simpsons Voice Actors - are we talking the original English speaking show, or are you allowing people who dubbed it into other languages?

16 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I'm not a sports person at all, can anyone offer a simple explanation for what No.4 actually means.

Nor me really, but from my extensive experience of finding it unavoidable (and latterly even a passing interest in some of it...)

Home Nation = Any 1 of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland (but not the Irish Republic)

Cap = played for them once. And that can include subbed on and played for only seconds.

Football = soccer not rugby football or any other kind

Simply: Any UK footballer who ever played, even for a second, for their national team.

I think, anyway.

Considering entering this time myself, so unutterably happy to accept corrections to this from any sports afficionado's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good categories I'd say. Predicting it's going to end with a 5/5 wipeout of the Home Nations caps.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, En Passant said:

Nor me really, but from my extensive experience of finding it unavoidable (and latterly even a passing interest in some of it...)

Home Nation = Any 1 of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland (but not the Irish Republic)

Cap = played for them once. And that can include subbed on and played for only seconds.

Football = soccer not rugby football or any other kind

Simply: Any UK footballer who ever played, even for a second, for their national team.

I think, anyway.

Considering entering this time myself, so unutterably happy to accept corrections to this from any sports afficionado's.

@Commtech Sio Bibble I think En Passant has got this down to a tee

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, An Fear Beag said:

Thanks for running this again. 

I might as well be the first pain-in-the-ass to question a category.

Simpsons Voice Actors - are we talking the original English speaking show, or are you allowing people who dubbed it into other languages?

This will be credited in the original format so no dubbing actors

• Like 2

Nice topics. This is my placeholder post for when the game starts.

Not that i am likely to pick anyone from there, but would a voice actor from the Batman Lego Movie count?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Not that i am likely to pick anyone from there, but would a voice actor from the Batman Lego Movie count?

I would say yes but I have no say in this. :lol:

6 hours ago, Captain Hemlock said:

BP and I discussed this and both The Lego Movie and Lego Batman count

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Yep anyone from any of the movies (released up to and including The Flash) in the link in the first post would count.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_in_film

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One player has already submitted so I have hastily cobbled together my team including  subs and have sent it to that player for safe keeping

I came very close to including Donald Sutherland

Teams can be submitted now but I will not guarantee to confirm or begin validation until 8th July

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

One player has already submitted so I have hastily cobbled together my team including  subs and have sent it to that player for safe keeping

I came very close to including Donald Sutherland

Teams can be submitted now but I will not guarantee to confirm or begin validation until 8th July

Shame they couldn't wait, it would be nice for you to have had some thinking time for a change...

• Like 2

On 20/06/2024 at 06:44, Bibliogryphon said:

BP and I discussed this and both The Lego Movie and Lego Batman count

About animated films... only The Lego Movie and The Lego Batman Movie?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MariNisia said:

About animated films... only The Lego Movie and The Lego Batman Movie?

If they are on the wiki list as movies and had a cinema release and feature Batman the voice cast will count 

• Thanks 1

What about movies that only had direct to VHS release etc?