I'm sorry, how the Fucking hell is Andrade's routine only good enough for 4th? She was one of only two who didn't make a major mistake!

Should've been silver AT LEAST. Travesty. Pleased for Alice D'Amato though, she was hard done by in the all-round so I'm glad to see her with a (Gold!) medal here.

• Like 2

I don’t see why they feel obliged to apologise to the nation when they fuck up. They worked hard, shit happens. Simon from Accounts Payable isn’t forced to go on Twitter when he’s put a zero in the wrong column and payroll is fucked for the week. 

Simon, you utter cunt, you’ve let your company down, you’ve shamed Britain and you’ve let yourself down.

As for climbing, that should be held on Mont Blanc.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TQR said:

I'm sorry, how the Fucking hell is Andrade's routine only good enough for 4th? She was one of only two who didn't make a major mistake!

Should've been silver AT LEAST. Travesty.

Some nonsense about difficulty - Beth Tweddle just said it was a competition where "if you stayed on you got a medal" when one of only two women to actually stay on the beam literally didn't get a medal. :facepalm:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

I don’t see why they feel obliged to apologise to the nation when they fuck up. They worked hard, shit happens. Simon from Accounts Payable isn’t forced to go on Twitter when he’s put a zero in the wrong column and payroll is fucked for the week. 

Simon, you utter cunt, you’ve let your company down, you’ve shamed Britain and you’ve let yourself down.

As for climbing, that should be held on Mont Blanc.

The lottery funding is one part.

And now in our continuing series "Gymnasts falling off apparatus" we present: The High Bar.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, TQR said:

Suggestions elsewhere the judges marked her down for being too safe. But there's been a lot of weird judging these Olympics, boxing matches the judges saw contrary to the punches, the poor skateboarding lass who got a lower score for not crashing, the shooting gold denied because the judge couldn't see the target had been hit. Just to name a few.

• Like 3

Well, Shinnosuke just put in a flawless routine, so assuming everyone else falls off, he’ll probably end up with a 4th place finish.

• Haha 1

The sailors are far more professional, not a single one of them overboard in the dinghies yet. (which is more of a feat than you might imagine looking at it).

12 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The lottery funding is one part.

So are you saying that because you waste a few quid on tickets and scratch cards, you’re owed an apology for someone failing to qualify for the pole vault final?

In that case, I want an apology from all the royal family members I fund through my taxes for being spongers and criminals, please.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, msc said:

Suggestions elsewhere the judges marked her down for being too safe. But there's been a lot of weird judging these Olympics, boxing matches the judges saw contrary to the punches, the poor skateboarding lass who got a lower score for not crashing, the shooting gold denied because the judge couldn't see the target had been hit. Just to name a few.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how you can be judged down for being too safe? You get a difficulty score, that's based on what moves you do. You get an execution score based on how well you perform those moves. How do you lose marks for not being more adventurous? And how can you blame her when 6 of the 7 before her have fallen off and she's been made to wait 2 or 3 minutes while you decide how you're going to score the golden girl of gymnastics? And I realise none of this is your fault. :lol:

This is why (prior to London 2012) I showed little interest in sports that are "judged" because it's entirely subjective. Adding more judges is meant to make it fairer but it doesn't seem to in the long run. The boxing judging has been insane - the only British boxer who won was the only one I thought had lost! I read an article in i that the British are underboxed as we have a new roster every Olympics due to turning professional and due to withdrawing from the IBA competitions and because of that also, the judges are more familiar with many of the other amateur boxers, so will favour them in tight contests. Didn't see the skateboarding lass so can't comment but Amber Rutter's shooting final was ridiculous. Why have slow-motion cameras for those of us at home to see if they got it right or not if they don't have access to them in competition? This isn't VAR in football, it's very clear cut - did they hit the skeet or not? Although, to be fair, as far as the British coach is concerned every single person in the arena knew she'd hit it apart from the 3 referees. There were even chants of "Hit! Hit! Hit!" when she protested.

• Like 1

Ah, now we're back to it. Cypriot does an incredible routine but fell over on the dismount to cost himself a medal. Second Japanese somehow survived once and then didn't survive the second time and fell off. Got back on, did it again successfully, then fell down again on the dismount. He'll probably get silver. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, RoverAndOut said:

Ah, now we're back to it. Cypriot does an incredible routine but fell over on the dismount to cost himself a medal. Second Japanese somehow survived once and then didn't survive the second time and fell off. Got back on, did it again successfully, then fell down again on the dismount. He'll probably get silver. :rolleyes:

The fall for the Japanese contestant looked painful, I'm surprised he was able to get back on...

• Like 1

Another incredible routine from the Chinese highest qualifier and he dumped the landing too. All on the same side of the mat too, so the commentators are getting suspicious...

This is a shambles. Absolute shambles. What is going on? 

That's another gymnast falling off the bars...

...and a second fall from him, and he gets back on again. What are we watching??

Are Ant & Dec in all their ears or something, telling them to do this stuff?

• Haha 1

Croatia down. So let's get this straight: 5 of 8 female gymnasts fell of the beam, with another one stumbling but staying on. And I think that's 3 males on high bar who have slipped off the bar and another 3 who have stumbled the dismount. Not exactly screaming high quality. Gutted that Joe Fraser was highest non-qualifier. He could have medalled! Are they all really just knackered after a long week? Team All-Around, Individual All-Around for some of them, multiple apparatus finals for some...plus all the time spent in practice...it can't be easy. But still, it sounds very unusual from what the commentators are saying.

Aaaand the last one nails a routine he fell off twice on in the Team competition....only to fall on the dismount. But this time on the opposite side to the other 3! Unbelievable.

Final competitor also fumbling the dismount. Are they psyching each other out or is something actually going on?

Zhang of China and Tang of Taiwan, who was first up, both fell off and have ended up sharing bronze. The only two who went clean (Oka of Japan and the Colombian) got gold and silver. Andrade was robbed.

• Like 1

@RoverAndOut my error, not the skateboarding, Charlotte Worthington in the bmx freestyle was eliminated before the final in the event she won gold in Tokyo for as her didnt crash routine ranked lower than her earlier crash score and the scores of several others who actually crashed. So many sports my brain is merging them all.

• Haha 1

Bring on the breakdancing!

• Facepalm 1

Just now, msc said:

@RoverAndOut my error, not the skateboarding, Charlotte Worthington in the bmx freestyle was eliminated before the final in the event she won gold in Tokyo for as her didnt crash routine ranked lower than her earlier crash score and the scores of several others who actually crashed. So many sports my brain is merging them all.

To be fair, I watched Charlotte's routines and she was very safe. Didn't have any of the style and flair she had in Tokyo, but she's been struggling a lot with her confidence and mental health since then. She said afterwards just getting here was her victory. I think the other girls, in qualifying at least, all landed their routines cleanly (or at least those who qualified). Although the commentators did think Charlotte deserved 84 or so for her first routine and she got 79. There you go again, subjective. In the men's final, they went humungous with the Argentine's first routine, and then downgraded everyone else afterwards it seemed so he ended up staying in gold medal spot.

Good news everybody! Women's floor up next, so no equipment to fall off!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1