Hockey is bullshit

1 minute ago, TQR said:

Hockey is bullshit

Not sure why we lost our referral when there wasn't clear evidence one way or the other.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

I know I sound very spoiled here (in 1996 we got one gold in total!) but we've had 9 Bronze and 3 Silvers in our last 12 medals - have we forgotten how to fucking win?!

I'm desperately hoping Laura Kenny is accurate when she says we might win 8 golds in the velodrome!

Highly optimistic, but happy to be proved wrong. I reckon about 4. France are going to be highly motivated. Historically they like to think they’re the clean, fair squad and that the rest of the world is cheating in either tech or, ahem, ‘marginal gains’ in both road and track.

Thats just ridiculous in the track sprints. UK break the WR in the first round. Germany break that in the next round. NZ then break that in the same round and....UK break it yet again in the same round. Germany now can't do better than Bronze in the finals tomorrow later (seems I misheard) - having a few minutes before broken the WR. Crazy.

On 04/08/2024 at 16:56, Toast said:

I can't stand her. There's just something about her that arouses my dislike. And she sounds like a cartoon duck when she speaks.

Speaking of which, some of the commentators are excruciating to listen to.  I realise they're brought in for their sporting experience and knowledge, but some of them could do with a course of elocution lessons beforehand.

I’m in general agreement, not just for the Olympics but most worldwide sport, though I quite like Andrew Cotter on the BBC athletics commentary team. Less reverential than most, sense of humour and perspective… hey he’s Scottish!

• Love 1

Hockey’s funding is surely going to end after not winning a medal. 

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Thats just ridiculous in the track sprints. UK break the WR in the first round. Germany break that in the next round. NZ then break that in the same round and....UK break it yet again in the same round. Germany now can't do better than Bronze in the finals tomorrow - having a few minutes before broken the WR. Crazy.

Quite common in Olympic cycling are world records (sounds ridiculous I know). But it's their biggest stage and they show off all their updated equipment. Not saying that the Germans won't be thoroughly peeved though. Slightly hilarious.

Just now, The Old Crem said:

Hockey’s funding is surely going to end after not winning a medal. 

I know you're just trying to join in, you swore like a trooper earlier along with everyone else, when you don't normally at all. But would you please stop making these wild unsubstantiated claims? You do it everywhere and that's what puts people off I believe (well it does me anyway).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

I’m in general agreement, not just for the Olympics but most worldwide sport, though I quite like Andrew Cotter on the BBC athletics commentary team. Less reverential than most, sense of humour and perspective… hey he’s Scottish!

I love Cotter. He's the closest thing we've got to an old-school sports commentator, like a David Coleman or a David Vine. Real jack of all trades and knowledgeable about them all. Athletics? Cotter. Golf? Cotter. Rugby? Cotter. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoverAndOut said:

Quite common in Olympic cycling are world records (sounds ridiculous I know). But it's their biggest stage and they show off all their updated equipment. Not saying that the Germans won't be thoroughly peeved though. Slightly hilarious.

Oh I know, you know I watch it a bit. I've also ridden on a track, once just to see what it's like, not competitively. Those fixies are tricky things if you never tried one. But even with that as a background this one is a shocker for the Germans, got to hurt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, En Passant said:

I know you're just trying to join in, you swore like a trooper earlier along with everyone else, when you don't normally at all. But would you please stop making these wild unsubstantiated claims? You do it everywhere and that's what puts people off I believe (well it does me anyway).

It's also that 90% of his statements are the absolute worst case scenario predictions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Oh big shock, Crem makes a Fucking bellend of himself again.

Wow, where the actual Fuck did that last lap come from? Phenomenal by Jack Carlin!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Wow, where the actual Fuck did that last lap come from? Phenomenal by Jack Carlin!

Started half a second down, finished 3 tenths up. Insane!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

17 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

I love Cotter. He's the closest thing we've got to an old-school sports commentator, like a David Coleman or a David Vine. Real jack of all trades and knowledgeable about them all. Athletics? Cotter. Golf? Cotter. Rugby? Cotter. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Toast said:

I cannot love that enough. Brilliant. Oh yeah, also: Dog Toy Control? Cotter.

Get in there!

• Like 2

GOOOOOOOOLD!!!!!! 3 rides, 3 wins, 3 world records, gold medal. Job done. Nice one girls.

• Like 3

Fucking hell, our girls stomped that! And another WR to boot 

• Like 1

Three Fucking races. Three Fucking wins. Three Fucking world records. Three Fucking gold medals.

Well done ladies!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Three Fucking races. Three Fucking wins. Three Fucking world records. Three Fucking gold medals.

Well done ladies!

Fucking right!

And Fucking sorry to those who don't like the Fucking Fucks, but the occasion calls for it I'm afraid...maybe we can change it up for the Paralympics?

Fucking wi-fi gone down on my fucking TV.  Says the password is incorrect.  It fucking isn't.

• Like 1