Sign in to follow this  
The Daredevil

Mysterious Celebrity Deaths!

Thought it would be an idea to have a thread to discuss and gain insight into some of the more mysterious celebrity deaths.

Tragic couple to start with, their deaths have been baffling me: Xavier Saint-Macary (mentioned before) and Isabelle Hô.

Macary just randomly dropped dead of a heart attack one day aged 39. His ex-wife, Hô also died aged 39, but from AIDS (she was married to Franck Demules at the time, and how she attained the disease that killed her is unexplained).

Anyone have any additional info on these?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I've never heard of the actor you've mentioned. The only mysterious celebrity death that comes to mind is the alleged suicide of George Reeves.

I don't know who Franck Demules or Isabelle Hô are and they have no Wikipedia. My only guess is Franck Demules was either gay or bisexual and passed it on to his ex wife or she was a drug user.

6 hours ago, dimreaper said:

I've never heard of the actor you've mentioned. The only mysterious celebrity death that comes to mind is the alleged suicide of George Reeves.

Barry Evans death is quite mysterious as well. 

On the subject of AIDS related deaths, Michael Staniforth's death has always been attributed to AIDS, but the only contemporary reference I could find states he died suddenly. Was this said to hide the fact he dies of an AIDS related illness or did he die by a different means? 

image.png.7895902a044bb0dd8ff210a7b2f4a48c.png

• Like 1

Talking of which, did Tony Beckley die of AIDS a year or so before it was officially "discovered"?

40 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

Talking of which, did Tony Beckley die of AIDS a year or so before it was officially "discovered"?

Beckley died of brain cancer (likely glioblastoma). The AIDS rumours come from Sheila Hancock who is prone to repeating unsubstantiated gossip. 

It was a sad one as he'd spent twenty years as a jobbing actor and the door to America had finally opened, he had more offers and was going to make serious money and then the headaches started.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Beckley died of brain cancer (likely glioblastoma). The AIDS rumours come from Sheila Hancock who is prone to repeating unsubstantiated gossip. 

It was a sad one as he'd spent twenty years as a jobbing actor and the door to America had finally opened, he had more offers and was going to make serious money and then the headaches started.

Horrible way to go. Mind you, AIDs isn't a gas either.

Edward Platt (sorry about that, chief).

Death reported originally as a heart attack; later rumours abounded it was actually suicide (some mentions it was pill-related)...

2 hours ago, Sly Ronnie said:
4 hours ago, msc said:

Horrible way to go. Mind you, AIDs isn't a gas either.

Yes, in a way, Macary had it easy. A quick heart attack, a painless way to go, though not recommended before your 40th birthday.

Further mystery concerning Beckley is his age at death. Was he 50 or 52? Reports vary.

On 10/10/2024 at 19:18, Handrejka said:

Barry Evans death is quite mysterious as well. 

On the subject of AIDS related deaths, Michael Staniforth's death has always been attributed to AIDS, but the only contemporary reference I could find states he died suddenly. Was this said to hide the fact he dies of an AIDS related illness or did he die by a different means? 

image.png.7895902a044bb0dd8ff210a7b2f4a48c.png

Wasn't Barry Evans murdered by a passenger he was carrying in the back of his Taxi ( the work had dried up for him by then) and that person was put away for it?

You really are older than your years, Handy!:old:

Dorothy Kilgallen's death is also worth exploring. A barbiturate/alcohol overdose shortly after openly questioning the Warren Commission's findings in her column is too much of a coincidence to ignore.