Deb'sdead

Titanic Survivors

Perhaps ANNA is "from the hood" and was about to continue with "dis-respectful, das-respectful, all so respectful" or similar.

Or perhaps not.

Guest venomous
Anyone out there know if there are any Titanic survivors left? Is Millvena?Dean still alive?

yes she is alive to day and miss barbara joyce west is alive to day she is around 95 years old.

Guest Guest

Is Milvena Dean alive?

She's got a F*****g web site. The Titanic is her career, apart from the luvvie stuff on television years back she's the only survivor who attends Titanic conventions and the rest.

She was round my place the other day, I told her she could wash her face in the sink (arf).

she's got a book about her life out and has written a whole chapter on "how she survived the Titanic". Considering how she was only 9 weeks old at the time, I've a feeling anything she writes would be exaggerated

It says she 's from Kansas (like Dorothy). Maybe she's met a munchkin. My dream photograph would be a Titanic survivor, a World War One survivor and a Munchkin in the same line-up. What a coup that would be.

she was born on may the 24 1911 . so she wouldnt be 9.

Is Milvena Dean alive?

She's got a F*****g web site. The Titanic is her career, apart from the luvvie stuff on television years back she's the only survivor who attends Titanic conventions and the rest.

She was round my place the other day, I told her she could wash her face in the sink (arf).

she's got a book about her life out and has written a whole chapter on "how she survived the Titanic". Considering how she was only 9 weeks old at the time, I've a feeling anything she writes would be exaggerated

It says she 's from Kansas (like Dorothy). Maybe she's met a munchkin. My dream photograph would be a Titanic survivor, a World War One survivor and a Munchkin in the same line-up. What a coup that would be.

she was born on may the 24 1911 . so she wouldnt be 9.

What a coincidence, my father was born on May the 24th 1929. So he isn't 9 either. Maybe they should form a club.

Guest Rosy

Barbara West (3 ½ years old)

Elizabeth Gladys (Millvina) Dean (10 weeks old)

are the last ones left Babara is 95 and Elizabeth in 94. They both live in England Today.

Barbara West (3 ½ years old)

Elizabeth Gladys (Millvina) Dean (10 weeks old)

are the last ones left Babara is 95 and Elizabeth in 94. They both live in England Today.

How come that in 1912 Barbara was nearly three and a half years older than Elizabeth and yet by 2006 she has reduced the age gap to only one year? I can't get my head around this one. Something to do with quantum physics or Oil Of Ulay maybe?

Guest unknown

wow...i'm so sorry for the people who lost their loved ones! :(:angry:

wow...i'm so sorry for the people who lost their loved ones! :(:P

That ought to keep you busy for a while.

regards,

Hein

wow...i'm so sorry for the people who lost their loved ones! :(:P

Gosh... it happened 94 years ago... Being compassionate is a fine thing, but grieving wholeheartedly for the Titanic-victims and their families almost a century after the event is taking it a little bit too far...

As far as I can remember we've had apologies for slavery, the Crusades, the Civil War, nailing up Jesus and all manner of historical events several hundred years after they occured. I'm not sure who they were apologising too, exactly, but in 1763 one of my forefathers stubbed his toe on a neighbours housemaid that he had carelessly left lying around after sacking her and to the best of my knowledge there was never so much as a "mind how you go, Sirrah" - I'll be suing Penge District Council for compensation in due course.......

So it was your mob! Our family have been waiting for an apology for over 200 years for the pain my great-great etc grandmother suffered.

I'm not sure who they were apologising too, exactly, but in 1763 one of my forefathers stubbed his toe on a neighbours housemaid that he had carelessly left lying around after sacking her and to the best of my knowledge there was never so much as a "mind how you go, Sirrah" - I'll be suing Penge District Council for compensation in due course.......

My ancestors were Vikings, I'd apologise for the rape and pillage but given Britain's prowess in wars for the following centuries mebbe it put a bit of fire into the home gene pool. Every cloud and that.

Were those the same Vikings that invaded England, got to Maryport, realised it was colder and wetter than Scandinavia and went back home again?

Guest Guest
Anyone out there know if there are any Titanic survivors left? Is Millvena?Dean still alive?

there are two survivors as of 8/16/06 one girls was 10 weeks old when it sank the other was almos 11 months old

Guest Guest

as of august2006 there are supposed to be 2 survivors left, Milvena is one of them, they are living in England. on titanic survivors.com there is a section to find out about these two women, who were under a year old in 1912. Carolena

Guest Guest
My ancestors were Vikings, I'd apologise for the rape and pillage but given Britain's prowess in wars for the following centuries mebbe it put a bit of fire into the home gene pool. Every cloud and that.
our ancestors were Adam and Eve, and they really botched it up for their offspring, were all feeling some kind of pains for their wrong choice.

our ancestors were Adam and Eve, and they really botched it up for their offspring, were all feeling some kind of pains for their wrong choice.

Wrong choice? Hardly. Gullible? Yes. Well, that stuck, as P.T. Barnum observed.

regards,

Hein

Milvena Dean doing her luvvie bit again and complaining that Titanic souveniers, including a porthole valued at #20,000, were sold at auction.

Guest Prodigy2k7
So, no survivors who actually remember it?

Although the 5 1/2 year old might remember something.

Isn't it weird that the list of survivors in 1998 is almost entirely women, I know they live longer but still, I find it amusing.

A part of it might be that the boats were loaded women and children first for the most part

Guest kevin

YES!

Anyone know if there is anyone left who doesn't know if any survivors are left?

Guest brat

Isn't it weird that the list of survivors in 1998 is almost entirely women, I know they live longer but still, I find it amusing.

there were more woman survivors to start out with.

there were more woman survivors to start out with.

Those with long memories will recall that men used to give their seats to women on buses. I believe it was called chivalry or something like that. It died out with Germaine Greer, dungarees and passing the time of day with your neighbour.

Guest Courtney

I think that it couldn't be possible for anyone to be alive unless a survivor was pregnant and had a baby after or if they had a baby while they were on the ship.

I think that it couldn't be possible for anyone to be alive unless a survivor was pregnant and had a baby after or if they had a baby while they were on the ship.

That's a cerebral, prosaic and awe inspiring piece of wisdom, Courtney! Thanks for dropping by. :)