Deb'sdead

Titanic Survivors

I agree totally and completely. Cheer up though BHB, at least you're not this guy.

Not sure if that's one of those Urban myth things, but funny anyway. But mainly this post was to see if the quotes are working properly now.

Yep. :rolleyes:

I agree totally and completely. Cheer up though BHB, at least you're not this guy.

Not sure if that's one of those Urban myth things, but funny anyway. But mainly this post was to see if the quotes are working properly now.

Yep. :)

I think it probably is.

I'm gullible too. :rolleyes:

I think it probably is.

I'm gullible too. :)

To complete the circle of gullibility, it only dawned on me it could be an urban myth when I read One Shot Paddy's reply to your original post from about two months ago on the above link. :rolleyes:

For years I too believed it, and anyway it's not that implausible is it? Or am I deluding myself to avoid accepting the alternative? :)

Thanks Six, that has cheered me up immensely...

An amazing feat actually, seeing as I am currently so happy happiness should be outlawed :rolleyes:

Yep. :)

I think it probably is.

I'm gullible too. :rolleyes:

As Leonard Nimoy would say, the answer is no.

What a great site!

I really liked this comment on the article about World Poverty / Literacy:

xxxpixiexxx: i hav never looked at it like that before. u never realise how licky u r until u read sumthin like this.

Wonderful!

Brilliant - 6 user comments, 5 with spelling mistakes and poor grammar and 1 from a religious nutter!

What a great site!

I really liked this comment on the article about World Poverty / Literacy:

xxxpixiexxx: i hav never looked at it like that before. u never realise how licky u r until u read sumthin like this.

Wonderful!

Awesome! This is also a response to the same article as above.

>> me: i dont get this one either... why would there be so many big numbers, but the population is 100? is there like half people?

A splendid quote (not actually me) from someone who thinks that based on 100 people, if 52 are Women, 48 Men, 70 non-white & 30 white etc. that's already 200 people hence the 'half people' reference..... :lol:

I didn't even spot the spelling and grammar mistakes I was laughing so much.

Erm, so that's what I think about the Titanic survivors anyway. :)

Guest S M I L E <3
I rather doubt anyone is still alive from that time, unless you had babies on board or 10 year olds who are now 103 years old.

^ acually there is acouple still alive. And yess little kids lived. like a 10 month old was on board and is now about 100 and something, but still alive.

Guest amy
But are any of them famous enough ?

i am related to somone on the titanic she lived thru it but all her kids died B)

i am related to somone on the titanic she lived thru it but all her kids died :lol:

That's what I call a careless mother.

i am related to somone on the titanic she lived thru it but all her kids died :lol:

That's what I call a careless mother.

Or one that was unbelievably selfish when it came to life belts...

Guest PiRaTeQuEeN

there is only one Titanic survivor left now so you know.

Lillian Gertrud Asplund (5 yrs when on Titanic)

heard she's becoming very ill so shes not going to be around too much longer.

So the WW1 survivors will see them out, go Henry, go Harry!

~~~~~

titanic1hx.gif~~~~

~~~~~

titanic1hx.gif~~~~~

~~~~~~
titanic1hx.gif
~~~~~
Edited by Captain Oates

there is only one Titanic survivor left now so you know.

Lillian Gertrud Asplund (5 yrs when on Titanic)

heard she's becoming very ill so shes not going to be around too much longer.

Only three are still alive :

Lillian Gertrude, Elizabeth Gladys (Millvina) Dean and one other

Barbara Joyce West, one of my Hartlepool picks.

As has been noted several times on this thread there are three Titanic survivors left alive.

Guest Guest

yes there are still three survivors. They are all women. The one was born in 1905, the other in 1911, and Meliva Dean in 1912.

One day someone (Iain?) will note that one of them has died and then there will be only two.

One day someone (Iain?) will note that one of them has died and then there will be only two.

It's a possibility - though i'm sure sooner or later one of the 3 Titanic survivors will croak.

Still.. since they are only famous for being on the Titanic...

For a future list they don't make the grade. :lol:

You must be quite distantly related to her then. What was she great great aunt or something.

Guest Angel

there is only one person that was on the titanic that is still alive thou i 4got her name lol

me and my friend tracey are obsevie with the titanic so thats how we know look it up on google or ask jeeves p.s love this web :unsure:

Guest angel

i am related to somone on the titanic she lived thru it but all her kids died :blink:

You must be quite distantly related to her then. What was she great great aunt or something.

lol i wish i had some one related on the titanic (2020 there to be a new titanic cost 10$ to get a tickit thou)

na our family to grr to go on it thou thay took photes only got one and my granma donated it to meusem in new zealand (where i live grrr) but i got a pasty joan doll that where made around war times yahoo lol

titanic happend like 4 years b4 war :unsure:

there is only one person that was on the titanic that is still alive thou i 4got her name lol

me and my friend tracey are obsevie with the titanic so thats how we know look it up on google or ask jeeves titanic happend like 4 years b4 war

Hmmm... :unsure:

You can't be that obessive. (I'm not aware of a word obsevie, but I guess that's what you meant ) :blink:

One, the Titanic sank 2 years before World War 1, which I believe is the war you are referring to.

Two, as pointed out numerous times here, there are three survivors. I did look it up, as you pointed out, and just to ram it home here are the three you "4got" (Is the above a text or a proper post?)

There are three known survivors of the 706 who survived the RMS Titanic disaster which sank on April 15, 1912 after striking an iceberg in the North Atlantic Ocean. They are Lillian Gertrud Asplund, Barbara West Dainton, and Milvina Dean.

I suggest you obsess some more & try & find a dictionary whilst you're at. And $10 to go on a new Titanic sounds bloody cheap to me, so what's stopping you?

And $10 to go on a new Titanic sounds bloody cheap to me, so what's stopping you?
A sea voyage, drama and adventure for less than two pints in the pub. Go for it!

regards,

Hein