Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

59 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

Huge credit to his family for not forcing it down his throat, or voting on his behalf. 

This must be them right now:

Spoiler

a41.png

Interestingly enough Georgia was the first state to lower its voting age from 21 to 18 in 1943.

Thus Carter would have cast his first vote for Roosevelt in 1944.  This would have been

an absentee ballot as he resided in Annapolis, Maryland attending the Naval Academy but

he was probably registered in his home state.

3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Been announced he has voted. 

Should be dead by tomorrow then. 

What's the psychology of this..."this is the last thing I want to do... should I do it today or wait...".

• Like 2

Drol said it best earlier, there isn’t a doubt in my mind that Jason Carters gonna announce “the last thing he wants to do before he passes is see Kamala be elected .” Then that will turn into inaugurated!

23 minutes ago, RetroGamer47 said:

Drol said it best earlier, there isn’t a doubt in my mind that Jason Carters gonna announce “the last thing he wants to do before he passes is see Kamala be elected .” Then that will turn into inaugurated!

Jason didn't say it, his son Chip did:

“His vote is personal, and it is his final civic duty,” Chip Carter said. “Then, I think, he’s ready to be with mom.”

Dying before the election would still be a buzz kill. 

2 hours ago, mymango said:

Jason didn't say it, his son Chip did:

Jason said it too. “he was "only trying to make it to vote for Kamala Harris," according to his grandson, Jason Carter, who recounted the comment to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution in August.” Come on mango don’t correct me when I’m not wrong man.

Just now, RetroGamer47 said:

Jason said it too. “he was "only trying to make it to vote for Kamala Harris," according to his grandson, Jason Carter, who recounted the comment to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution in August.” Come on mango don’t correct me when I’m not wrong man.

Right, but that's him quoting Jimmy.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2024/10/absentee-ballot-death/ If he dies before November 5, there is a gray area as to whether or not his ballot would be counted. Georgia law does not address the matter one way or the other, but given the conspiracy theories that enveloped in Georgia in the 2020 election, I could see people trying to challenge his vote if he dies before the election. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2024/10/absentee-ballot-death/ If he dies before November 5, there is a gray area as to whether or not his ballot would be counted. Georgia law does not address the matter one way or the other, but given the conspiracy theories that enveloped in Georgia in the 2020 election, I could see people trying to challenge his vote if he dies before the election. 

I hope not. It's one vote. It won't change the outcome of the election one way or the other. What would be the point? Let the man at least have his say before he dies. 

• Like 2

In my opinion once absentee ballots are starting to go out and collected, Which it seems the start day was yesterday for Georgia then the ballot should be legally counted even if the person dies before election day.

• Like 3

Kamala was leading in Georgia but seems to have fallen behind in the most recent polls. 

I can picture it now. Election night. The Carters are huddled round the TV. Then CNN declares Georgia has gone Republican. Jimmy’s complexion goes from grey to white as a ghost as he lets out a gentle whimper and slumps over in his wheelchair. Dead. 

IMG_1180.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Kamala was leading in Georgia but seems to have fallen behind in the most recent polls. 

I can picture it now. Election night. The Carters are huddled round the TV. Then CNN declares Georgia has gone Republican. Jimmy’s complexion goes from grey to white as a ghost as he lets out a gentle whimper and slumps over in his wheelchair. Dead. 

you should become an author.  I read this as if it were the start of a thriller.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually, your vote should count even if you die on the way back home on election day.

We know that dead people vote in every election - we just don't know how many.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QuebecCityOliver said:

Actually, your vote should count even if you die on the way back home on election day.

that's some right wing type of thing to say

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Troels Lychau said:

Maybe. But, true statements are true no matter who says them.

Voter fraud also happens every election (albeit a tiny, tiny number) - and almost all of it in 2020 was for the Criminal Don.

An example of both, the forged vote of a dead person for Trump - https://apnews.com/article/florida-voter-fraud-villages-desantis-3fee03e8cb17535ea5465e299c2c08b5

Interestingly, in this case, the father died on October 21, 2020, and in Florida, if you cast your vote and then die, it should be counted. Not what the State claims happened, though.

https://wpde.com/news/nation-world/trump-supporter-robert-henry-rivernider-voted-dead-late-father-jr-sr-florida-ballot-2020-presidential-election-sentenced-sumter-county-jail-plaintiff-defendant-civil-suits-former-president-donald

• Facepalm 1

16 hours ago, QuebecCityOliver said:

15 hours ago, Troels Lychau said:

No it isn't.

You are simply conflating the fact that this is about one type of possible voter fraud and Trumps utterly ludicrous and contemptible claims of voter fraud and that it's all against him personally.

The man is toxic.

1 hour ago, QuebecCityOliver said:

Maybe. But, true statements are true no matter who says them.

Quite.

21 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

Dying before the election would still be a buzz kill. 

That reminds me, what happened to @Barry B Benson?

Edited by mymango
OK Ulitzer, point taken.

2 minutes ago, mymango said:

That reminds me, what happened to @Barry B Benson?

Who cares? It was just a random troll. Stop pointlessly bumping this thread. Go have a drink or a wank or something. This thread is like heroin to you.

• Haha 1

They must be other cases of people who have voted early or by post who then die by election day. Same in the UK as well.

18 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

They must be other cases of people who have voted early or by post who then die by election day. Same in the UK as well.

I seem to recall Professor John Curtice talking about this at the last election.The UK he estimated it was a few thousand deaths from when the postal ballots go out and the day of the General Election.

When you consider that one reason for voting by post in the first place is that you are unable through some pretty bad health to get to a polling station it'd be a fucking miracle if some people didn't die between posting and the outcome.

• Like 1