Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

He's also been a centenarian for decades if you measure it in dog years

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, InquilineKea said:

He's already a centenarian now, if you count time since his first heartbeat...

https://manifold.markets/stochasticcockatoo/will-jimmy-carter-become-a-viabilit

That definition of centenarian would exclude heartless folk like Kissinger then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, InquilineKea said:

He's already a centenarian now, if you count time since his first heartbeat...

https://manifold.markets/stochasticcockatoo/will-jimmy-carter-become-a-viabilit

Wish I used this logic when I was trying to get booze when I was 17 and 3 months old...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

“His children have been at his bedside for a year,” Jason Carter said. “They’re rotating and it has been a real sacrifice. The grandchildren are honored by how wonderful Chip, Amy and Jeff have been as caregivers and as people spending these last moments with their father.”

Jimmy Carter, one year after entering home hospice, remains resilient

TL;DR: Jimmy is asking for prayers, bedridden, confused, fighting for life and lonely. :pop:

• Facepalm 1

Ok, very insightful updates.

15 minutes ago, mymango said:

Jimmy Carter, one year after entering home hospice, remains resilient

TL;DR: Jimmy is asking for prayers, bedridden, confused, fighting for life and lonely. :pop:

Very confused how he's been asking for much of anything that the article says he does, given it was my understanding he was de facto non-verbal. If he is, in fact, still talking, that's a significant thing.

Maybe he has a bell like Hector Salamanca.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Maybe he has a bell like Hector Salamanca.

So does Ulitzer's friend/Ulitzer, apparently.

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Comped said:

Very confused how he's been asking for much of anything that the article says he does, given it was my understanding he was de facto non-verbal. If he is, in fact, still talking, that's a significant thing.

He could barely speak in this video from 2021, so it's most likely now an even greater struggle for him to string a sentence together.

• Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, mymango said:

He could barely speak in this video from 2021, so it's most likely now an even greater struggle for him to string a sentence together.

I wouldn't say barely - diminished certainly, but his accent and the mic don't do him much of a favor. His interviews and other videos he speaks in from 2021 are really all over the map in terms of how understandable he is (the PBS interview is really quite good, for example).

29 minutes ago, mymango said:

More coherent and articulate than Biden tbf in that interview 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

https://archive.ph/JSM2x

for records

When Carter wakes up, Lowden said, the former president still has the urge to serve. Carter regularly asks for updates of people in the community and at Maranatha Baptist Church, where Carter used to teach Sunday school. He regularly asks Lowden to pray, not just for him, but for his children and grandchildren as well.
“Here is a man who loves his lord and savior and he loves his family,” Lowden said. “Somewhere in between, he is hanging on for both. To serve his lord until it is time to go home and serve and pray for his children.”
Lowden tells a story of how as recently as last October, when the Israel–Hamas conflict began, Carter was looking for ways to help.

“He was asking, ‘Do you think I need to go to D.C. and talk to someone?’” Lowden recalled. “It is the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed. Someone still trying to figure out how they can serve. His servant heart is unreal.”

Jill Stuckey, the superintendent of the Jimmy Carter National Historic Park in Plains, visits with Jimmy Carter several times a week.
This past Wednesday, on Valentine’s Day, she was getting a vegetable plate ready to deliver to the former president. Her roommate makes it, but Stuckey always takes credit for it, which she said Carter gets a big kick out of.

Well, is he still even listening to audiobooks like he was doing last year?

Jason Carter said that while his grandfather has obviously physically slowed down, he is still doing fine.

• Facepalm 1

Jimmy Carter is like Mongo, "invincible" until the day he dies and posting about him before then just means he hasn't died.

17 minutes ago, RetroGamer47 said:

Jimmy Carter is like Mongo, "invincible" until the day he dies and posting about him before then just means he hasn't died.

I too am invincible until the day I die

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Great Cornholio said:

I too am invincible until the day I die

That’s facts except you’re only invincible as long as you have TP for your bunghole. The moment you run out you’re gone bucko

From New York Times article today:

While Mr. Carter does not have an underlying fatal condition like cancer or heart disease, he decided last February to decline further life-extending medical treatment in favor of hospice care, the first president known to use it

So no, sorry to disappoint @mymango, but the whole cancer thing was a mistake.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, drol said:

From New York Times article today:

So no, sorry to disappoint @mymango, but the whole cancer thing was a mistake.

Not necessarily. Both the Washington Post and the Associated Press independently reported it, so there must be something going on. I'll contact the New York Times and let them know, and I'll post their response when they get back to me.

• Facepalm 1

Chief Wiggum Invisible Typewriter GIF - Chief Wiggum ...

• Haha 3

He does not eat or drink much — he did ask for coffee after Mrs. Carter’s service, a rarity these days — and he is not mobile or particularly talkative.

This is perhaps the most important bit to draw from the article. 

• Facepalm 1

Bob Newhart Stop It GIF - Bob Newhart Stop It - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1