Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Marita Camacho Quirós surpassed the age of Alphaeus Philemon Cole, the oldest validated man ever notable for reasons other than age.

@Hanzem is there a possibility you could provide the current top 10 as I seem to have lost my way with this now

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hanzem said:

Marita Camacho Quirós surpassed the age of Alphaeus Philemon Cole, the oldest validated man ever notable for reasons other than age.

She surpassed him on Monday, no?

48 minutes ago, Hanzem said:

She’s the only supercentenarian who could be slightly considered for the list. She will never make it I know but just for the sake of it, it would be fun to have a supercentenarian famous for something else than his/her age. She’ll probably obit and it won’t happen anytime soon that someone of that « famousness » reaches that age. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

She’s the only supercentenarian who could be slightly considered for the list. She will never make it I know but just for the sake of it, it would be fun to have a supercentenarian famous for something else than his/her age. She’ll probably obit and it won’t happen anytime soon that someone of that « famousness » reaches that age. 

Leila Denmark was a renowned peadiatrician  and made 114.

• Like 4

Camacho Quirós didn't have English or Spanish Wikipedia pages until she was 110, so her notability outside of her age is pretty slim. Then again, the bar is low enough to be underground with supercentenarians "famous" for reasons outside of being old AF.

12 hours ago, Steve said:

@Hanzem is there a possibility you could provide the current top 10 as I seem to have lost my way with this now

Current TOP 10

1) Maria Branyas Morera    116:146

2) Fusa Tatsumi                   116:094

3) Edie Ceccarelli                115:173

4) Tomiko Itooka                 115:066

5) Inah Canabarro Lucas   115:050

6) Juan Vicente Perez Mora114:062

7) Elizabeth  Francis           114:003

8) Ethel Caterham               113:341

9) Okagi Hayashi                 113:329

10) Pearl Berg                      113:300

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If Kame Uema gets validated Pearl Berg will not be in the Top 10.

12 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Yes her age is really old for a notable person like a former first lady. Only 12.7% of supercentenarians reach 112:140 according to UK data 

37 minutes ago, Hanzem said:

Current TOP 10

1) Maria Branyas Morera    116:146

2) Fusa Tatsumi                   116:094

3) Edie Ceccarelli                115:173

4) Tomiko Itooka                 115:066

5) Inah Canabarro Lucas   115:050

6) Juan Vicente Perez Mora114:062

7) Elizabeth  Francis           114:003

8) Ethel Caterham               113:341

9) Okagi Hayashi                 113:329

10) Pearl Berg                      113:300

Thank you very much for this @Hanzem

Recent updates:

- Mr. Seliman Bandang confirmed alive on 9 July 2023. Now claiming a birthyear of 1909 rather than his original claim of 1910. Just lost a lot of credibility.

- Mr. João Da Missanga confirmed alive at the age of 115 years & 4 months on 26 July 2023. I think he's definitely a plausible case and should be investigated further. Very frail since around his 115th birthday in March.

- Miss. Batuli Lamichhane confirmed alive at the age of 120 years & 4 months on 27 July 2023. Looks about the same as she did when she was 117 in 2020. Frail. Appeared strong in the 2015 update when she was 112. Has a 1934 census and several 1930s newspaper clippings supporting her age. Possible chance of being the age claimed. But each year as she gets older, the statistics in reaching such an age get slimmer and slimmer and the chances of her actually being the age claimed get lower and lower. I thought Maria Gomes dos Reis was plausible when she was 119 but once she 122 I got very skeptical.

- Mr. Jose Flores Flores confirmed alive at the age of 116 years & 19 days on 30 July 2023. Seemed healthy and strong until he began a gradual decline around his 114th birthday in 2021. But considering he's survived 2 bouts of covid, a serious urinary infection, and a bad reaction to a certain medicine in these last 2 years, he's doing better than I probably would in my late 20s. He's got a 1907 baptismal certificate and a 1907 census document attesting his age, along with a 95 year old child. Maybe not 116, but I'd say at least 110 if his 95 year old child's age is correct. 

• Like 1

Louise Levy, the oldest living resident of New York State and a participant in a genetic study of long-living Ashkenazi Jews, died July 17th. She was 112.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/louise-levy-supercentenarian-subject-of-jewish-longevity-study-dies-at-112/

https://gerontology.fandom.com/wiki/Louise_Levy

• Like 2

Marie-Louise Rochambeau died on 28/Jun/2023 in Cayenne and was the oldest person in French Guiana since 19 July 2022, was born in Sainte-Marie, Martinique on 6 November 1913 and moved to French Guiana in 1968 to be close to her daughter, now Louise Chailloux is the oldest person in French Guiana, born 30 September 1916 in Coroni, Dutch Guiana (now Suriname) and living in Cayenne
https://la1ere.francetvinfo.fr/guyane/mort-de-l-une-des-doyennes-de-guyane-marie-louise-rochambeau-avait-109-ans-1411187.html

Marie-Louise Rochambeau

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

It was thought that Andjela Sostaric was still the oldest living person in Croatia, however it was recently discovered that she passed away on 8/May/2022 in Drenje Brdovecko, Zagreb County, born on 2nd August 1913 in Drenje Brdovecko, Condado de Zagreb, Áustria-Hungria (now Croatia)
 At the age of 15, she moved to Zagreb and worked there as a domestic servant for several families until her marriage. She worked as a farmer until she retired at the age of 90. famous old woman from Croatia is Mara Gabelica born on 8 September 1914 in
Ivanbegovina, Split-Dalmatia County, Austria-Hungary (now Croatia) and lives in Zmijavci, municipality of Zmijavci, Split-Dalmatia County

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/worldsupercentenarianforum/andjela-sostaric-1913-2022-t567.html

24sata

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Flypaper for weirdos, this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

Ali Hussain was the oldest man in the Maldives,he was born on 14/May/1913 in Hithadhoo, Addu City and died on 5/Aug/2023 in Manzaruge, Hithadhoo, Addu City,worked for the British in Addu City. To work, he walked a six-mile drive from his home in Hithadhoo to Abuheraa. He would come home for lunch and come back again; 

Now the oldest person in the Maldives is unknown

Maldives’ oldest person dies at 110 | SunOnline International

l_2023_08_05_022342_3exjqtzcvm49yrn8osw6hbid2p7l51kugfa_EN_.jpg

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

On 28/07/2023 at 01:57, Sean said:

Leila Denmark was a renowned peadiatrician  and made 114.

She was the fifth-oldest validated living person in the world at the time of her death. 

Quiros is now 39th-oldest. I think it would be possible for her to make it into the top 10 because she looks strong and stable.

• Like 2

Florida Corre was the oldest person living in Reunion since 7/Sep/2022,she was born 2/May/1916 and died 14/Jul/2023 and lives in Le Tampon,the oldest person born in Reunion lives in France,in Ruoms, Ardeche, Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes,and was born on 14/Feb/1912 and is Elisabelle Lallemand,born in Saint-Louis

Morte de Florida Corré, decano da Reunião aos 107 anos: "ela deve sua longevidade ao estado de espírito em que vivia" (dayfr.com)

medium_2023-07-16-a89169ac63.jpg

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

fusa now 116 years + 106 days. 

2+ years older than chiyo shiraishi the oldest validated person ever born in Fukushima Prefecture and the oldest validated person ever who died in Ibaraki Prefecture.

strangely despite this fusa is not even oldest person of osaka prefecture yet due to being overshadowed by misao okawa.

• Like 2