Mr Stats

World's Oldest

This thread is turning into a little 110 club

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Seliman Bandang, longevity claimant of Malaysia, in the hospital on a ventilator. He is not doing well. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 31/10/2022 at 13:45, arghton said:

Milia Paidiou, oldest person from Cyprus, is 110 today.

milia.png.e599bfd73b6246b7ca97c36b3ac99830.png

Pictured in 2018. Interesting birthday as she's the first supercentenarian from Cyprus. Malta's first supercentenarian Maria Farrugia is also currently living, reached 110 in March this year

Milia Paidiou, Cypriot supercentenarian and possibly the oldest ever from Cyprus, dead at 110. (Yes, the article mentions another Cypriot who might've lived to atleast 113, but seems nothing much is known about that woman)

• Like 3

On 11/08/2023 at 15:41, lay_kulast95 said:

Seliman Bandang, longevity claimant of Malaysia, in the hospital on a ventilator. He is not doing well. 

Source?

Juan Vicente reached Riudavets' age (114:081) so he is 6th oldest validated man ever now.

• Like 4

I wasn't sure whether I should post the update on Seliman Bandang, due to circumstances I am not allowed to reveal here, HOWEVER his health status is not on a public Facebook post from what appears to be a Malaysian News Station? Anyway, here's the link

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid09A5pD1MZgadWfFT5GTsrZNFkcAgPs3qURtUXWTaRw5uPW9STdNeisdHPXaCWtHPTl&id=100050231600797

• Thanks 1

On 17/08/2023 at 09:58, lay_kulast95 said:

I wasn't sure whether I should post the update on Seliman Bandang, due to circumstances I am not allowed to reveal here, HOWEVER his health status is not on a public Facebook post from what appears to be a Malaysian News Station? Anyway, here's the link

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid09A5pD1MZgadWfFT5GTsrZNFkcAgPs3qURtUXWTaRw5uPW9STdNeisdHPXaCWtHPTl&id=100050231600797

Hearing Seliman Bandang is now "in a critical condition". 

Seeing the state he has been in for a week I wonder what this means.

I personally think that the ones that look better and that can last many more years are Maria Branyas and Inah Canabarro Lucas, at least to see their 118th birthday and maybe 119th, Juan Vicente could live about 2 more years. The case of Fusa Tatsumi has been in that state for years and it literally surprises me that she has lived so long.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SoldierAmerican2010 said:

I personally think that the ones that look better and that can last many more years are Maria Branyas and Inah Canabarro Lucas, at least to see their 118th birthday and maybe 119th, Juan Vicente could live about 2 more years. The case of Fusa Tatsumi has been in that state for years and it literally surprises me that she has lived so long.

Personally in my opinion:

- Batuli Lamichhane, 120 (03.23.1903): Assuming her age is real (which I believe), she has become increasingly fragile over the past 7-8 years. I think she could break 123 if she's really 120 at the moment, but it would be a miracle.

- Maria Branyas, 116 (03.04.1907): She looks healthy but a bit frail. I could see her making it to 117½.

- Fusa Tatsumi, 116 (04.25.1907): Really unknown with Fusa. I agree with you that she has been in that state for a few years. However thar is a good sign, that her decline is very slow. I think anywhere between 116.5 and 118 is possible with her.

- Edie Ceccarelli, 115 (02.05.1908): She looks healthy and strong, but unfortunately her dementia is a factor in play here. I could see her making it to 116, maybe 116.5.

- João Da Missanga, 115 (03.13.1908): He has been extremely frail for a number of years, but this is a good sign that although he looks frail he has no serious health issues. I would say he could make it to 116 maybe 117.

- Tomiko Itooka, 115 (05.23.1908): She looked healthy but has had a a decline this past year. 115.5 to 117.

- Inah Canabarro Lucas, 115 (06.08.1908): Definitely our strongest 115 year old. I could see her making it to 116 and 117 easily. Possibly 118-119, and she's the only candidate on this list unfortunately who I would say has a chance to make it to 120 or even 121.

- Juan Vicente Pérez Mora, 114 (05.27.1909): He looks very healthy for his age but fragile. I'd say he could reach 117. His doctor said last year that with his diet, activity and hygiene he could break Jiroemon Kimura’s record easily. He doesn't take medication, has a good heart, has a big appetite for his age, and can still pull himself out of his wheelchair. 

- Ethel Caterham, 113 (08.21.1909): Looks very healthy for her age, but I don't know any detail of her current health. I'd say she will make it to 115.

- Okagi Hayashi, 113 (09.02.1909): Increasingly frail over these past few years. 114 for her.

- Santos Cruz Flores, 113 (11.01.1909): Assuming his age is true, he is in remarkable shape for a 113 year old man. Not only can he walk unaided, but he still does some yard work apparently. It is a bit suspicious at how healthy he is, but giving him the benefit of the doubt, I'd say he could make it to 115 easily. He's the only male candidate here who look healthy enough to reach 118 or 119, but again his age is unvalidated. 

- Efrain Antonio Rios Garcia, 113 (04.04.1910): He is looking very frail recently, but apparently can still walk. 113.75.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lay_kulast95 said:

- Batuli Lamichhane, 120 (03.23.1903): Assuming her age is real (which I believe), she has become increasingly fragile over the past 7-8 years. I think she could break 123 if she's really 120 at the moment, but it would be a miracle.

How can you believe such nonsense ? She looks at most 90 yo, nothing testifies she’s 121. She’s a fraud.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

How can you believe such nonsense ? She looks at most 90 yo, nothing testifies she’s 121. She’s a fraud.

Agreed. Just like Calment.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Don’t reopen the debate, those newcomers and 110+ fans will be all over it ! 
the difference between Calment and Lamichhane though is that there is much more evidence in the first case, just the fact that Lamichhane is supposed to smoke 20 cigs a day at 121 is pure bullshit

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, lay_kulast95 said:

Personally in my opinion:

her only surviving son Netra Prasad, was 76-year-old in 2015.

her other son and two daughters had already died.

https://kathmandupost.com/national/2015/07/13/woman-claims-to-be-oldest-person

9 hours ago, lay_kulast95 said:

- Fusa Tatsumi, 116 (04.25.1907): Really unknown with Fusa. I agree with you that she has been in that state for a few years. However thar is a good sign, that her decline is very slow. I think anywhere between 116.5 and 118 is possible with her.

Supercentenarian periods of fusa 

110-111 good 

111-113 decline 

113-116+ stable

6 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

the difference between Calment and Lamichhane though is that there is much more evidence in the first case, just the fact that Lamichhane is supposed to smoke 20 cigs a day at 121 is pure bullshit

if Jeanne Calment didn't smoke could she reach 123 having a healthier lifestyle?

if Jeanne Calment wasn't Jeanne Calment but her daughter yvonne, japan would have produced the oldest person ever(kane tanaka) instead of france.

japan has the highest life expectancy as a country and large population so it's not unlikely 

ironically in this scenario 2nd oldest person (sarah knauss) comes from usa another country with big number of centenarians and supercentenarians.

7 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

There is a 1903 census which includes a Batuli Lamichhane. There is a January 1934 census which states her age as 30 years, to which if she was born on 23 March 1903, that would match up perfectly (30 years & 10 months). There are newspaper clippings (although I have not seen these, so this could be a lie) from the late 1930s that state her being in her 30s. Her oldest child was born in 1930, and her youngest in 1939 so it's not like she was claiming to have had a child in her 50s or 60s, she would've only been 35/36 at the time she had her youngest child. Now while this isn't concrete evidence that she is the age claimed, it supports it pretty well. I mean how many other Batuli Lamichhanes are there that she could have gotten her identity confused with? I will admit 120 is a very remarkable age, but it's not over the bell curve anymore. Science says it would be near impossible for a person to live 3 or more years longer than the current record holder due to statistics and probability.  Something which has never been observed before except in the case of one controversial SC who I will not mention by name due to outbursts that might occur. I'll give you an example of what I mean:

Kane Tanaka: 119 years & 107 days

Theoretical Maximum age for women

122 years & 106 days

Jiroemon Kimura: 116 years & 54 days

Theoretical Maximum age for men

119 years & 53 days

These theoretical maximum ages only increase when our record is broken. They are just put in place to show that it is near impossible for a future record breaker to live 3 years or more past the previous record holder. If Anisio Rodrigues Alves's age is validated, the new theoretical maximum for men would increase to 119 years & 228 days (Anisio's final age + 3 years - 1 day). Now keep in mind that these are just theoretical maximums, and a person could very well outlive our previous record holder by over 3 years, it's just the probability is so small that it's near zero. 

Keep in mind this doesn't change the fact that Batuli Lamichhane at 120 years & 150 days, falls within the realm of possibility.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

At the time of Jeanne Calment's title as WOLP:

(Using the Bell Curve Scientific Method)

Oldest woman ever documented:

Augusta Holtz: 115 years & 79 days

Theoretical Maximum age for women:

118 years & 78 days

Jeanne Calment's final age:

122 years & 164 days

Houston... we have a problem:scratchhead:

7 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Just in my opinion:

Yvonne/Jeanne Calment: 99 years

Marie Louise Meilleur: 117 years & 230 days

Sarah Knauss: 116/119 years & 97 days

(Nikolay Zak published a paper giving a theory on how Sarah Knauss may have been 3 years younger and was only 116 when she died. However, Zak has also published outrageous theories on how Emma Morano wasn't an SC, Jiroemon Kimura was only 111, and how Kane Tanaka and Lucile Randon were both frauds. These theories are absolute nonsense. Zak's theory on Knauss is a bit more believable due to the fact that we would've had 2 women break the bell curve by nearly 3 years in succession. Something that is incredibly rare. He also has actual documents instead of some wild theory supporting Knauss's age as 3 years younger. Still I wouldn't call it true yet, as it's not enough to prove she was actually 3 years younger. Zak did get one fully right, but the rest are just ridiculous.)

10 minutes ago, lay_kulast95 said:

Just in my opinion:

Yvonne/Jeanne Calment: 99 years

Marie Louise Meilleur: 117 years & 230 days

Sarah Knauss: 116/119 years & 97 days

(Nikolay Zak published a paper giving a theory on how Sarah Knauss may have been 3 years younger and was only 116 when she died. However, Zak has also published outrageous theories on how Emma Morano wasn't an SC, Jiroemon Kimura was only 111, and how Kane Tanaka and Lucile Randon were both frauds. These theories are absolute nonsense. Zak's theory on Knauss is a bit more believable due to the fact that we would've had 2 women break the bell curve by nearly 3 years in succession. Something that is incredibly rare. He also has actual documents instead of some wild theory supporting Knauss's age as 3 years younger. Still I wouldn't call it true yet, as it's not enough to prove she was actually 3 years younger. Zak did get one fully right, but the rest are just ridiculous.)

Don’t wanna argue but how can you believe in Lamichhane’s case and not Calment ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Don’t wanna argue but how can you believe in Lamichhane’s case and not Calment ? 

OMG:banghead: you obviously didn't read my earlier posts. Calmant was an extreme outlier by 7 years for one, Zak has a mountain of proof that she switched identities with Yvonne, and these are backed up, and Lamichhane is not an outlier. If you want more, read my earlier posts.

7 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Mission accomplished.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, drol said:

Mission accomplished.

*whistles quietly and walks away*

46 minutes ago, lay_kulast95 said:

Calmant was an extreme outlier by 7 years for one

Whats the lore behind the 7 years?

• Like 1