Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Here are my opinions on all of the oldest people that I can’t say on 110 club:

Maria Branyas Morera: Doing quite well for almost 116 and a half. Has obviously declined in the past few years, probably a bit over the course of this year but at a fairly slow, steady rate. I think she has a decent chance at making 117 but 117.5 or 118 is less likely. She appears to be still alert and could “stand a bit” on her 116th according to LQ article 

Fusa Tatsumi: Could have another two or three years left in her, or another two or three days. Who knows with this one. Declined fast at 110-113 but in stable condition since then. There may be new photos soon with the Japanese old people holiday. She looks cute hugging Pikachu

Edie Ceccarelli: Has arguably declined more than Morera. Has dementia, no longer walking or drinking wine. Not much updates since February though but there are videos of her at 114 where she can have a conversation but her voice is very raspy and it’s obvious her memory is fading. It’d be hard to say whether she’ll make 116 at this point but in 50-ish days she beats Ford and becomes oldest American born in 1900s

Tomiko Itooka: Has also declined a lot since 110 when she had some brain haemorrhage. She’s seemed to grow increasingly depressed over the past few years. Still has quite gray hair and looks fairly strong even at 115. Decent chance at making 116 

Inah Canabarro Lucas: It’s basically been unanimously decided she’s the best case of 1908. Probably true. I think there’s an interview with her sometime in the last couple years where she speaks very well. I think all the “I predict she will make 118-119” seems like a bit too much, but she could easily make 116, probably more likely than Itooka at this point

Juan Vicente Perez Mora: Oldest validated man since Kimura. Similarly to Fusa has been in stable condition for several years, and obviously in a better condition as well. Could make 115 or higher but also could drop dead any second. I hope for the first one. Hopefully we don’t see a decline in his health 

Elizabeth Francis: Was doing much better than I would have expected on her 114th. She is in bed in all the news articles but she does supposedly spend a lot of time in a wheelchair which is good. According to Ben Meyers is still fully “there” mentally. She could potentially live another year (or maybe more?), which she in fact says she plans on doing in a certain recent article 

Ethel Caterham: Has always been quite strong physically, but also has declined a bit. She might be able to stand because every photo of her is in an armchair but who knows. There’s no interviews with her I’ve seen. Hopefully she becomes the oldest “Ethel” ever in a few months and also oldest Brit in the 21st century. Maybe she could do 115, who knows 

Okagi Hayashi: Has declined fairly slowly in the past few years. Is smiling in every photo which is a good sign although she looked a tiny bit worse last year. We’ll see how she’s doing next week assuming she gets to her birthday. Probably the most likely case to become last Japanese born in 1900s decade 

Pearl Berg: Has been on oxygen regularly since at least February, spends most of her time in bed. Still she’s not doing that bad. Hopefully new updates come in October (she shares a birthday with Jimmy Carter, we’ll see if either of them make it). Within the next week she will beat Kristal and Goldie Michelson and become the 3rd oldest Jew

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

Based on this photo I think you are overestimating Ethel Caterhams potential.She is visibly jaundiced in this photo from her birthday this week I know she has vitiligo by the looks of it but its definitely jaundice in her face.Doubt she will see Christmas.

Ethel_Caterham_114th.png

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, FasuTutsami said:

Maria Branyas Morera: Doing quite well for almost 116 and a half. Has obviously declined in the past few years, probably a bit over the course of this year but at a fairly slow, steady rate. I think she has a decent chance at making 117 but 117.5 or 118 is less likely. She appears to be still alert and could “stand a bit” on her 116th according to LQ article 

Fusa Tatsumi: Could have another two or three years left in her, or another two or three days. Who knows with this one. Declined fast at 110-113 but in stable condition since then. There may be new photos soon with the Japanese old people holiday. She looks cute hugging Pikachu

Edie Ceccarelli: Has arguably declined more than Morera. Has dementia, no longer walking or drinking wine. Not much updates since February though but there are videos of her at 114 where she can have a conversation but her voice is very raspy and it’s obvious her memory is fading. It’d be hard to say whether she’ll make 116 at this point but in 50-ish days she beats Ford and becomes oldest American born in 1900s

Tomiko Itooka: Has also declined a lot since 110 when she had some brain haemorrhage. She’s seemed to grow increasingly depressed over the past few years. Still has quite gray hair and looks fairly strong even at 115. Decent chance at making 116 

Inah Canabarro Lucas: It’s basically been unanimously decided she’s the best case of 1908. Probably true. I think there’s an interview with her sometime in the last couple years where she speaks very well. I think all the “I predict she will make 118-119” seems like a bit too much, but she could easily make 116, probably more likely than Itooka at this point

Juan Vicente Perez Mora: Oldest validated man since Kimura. Similarly to Fusa has been in stable condition for several years, and obviously in a better condition as well. Could make 115 or higher but also could drop dead any second. I hope for the first one. Hopefully we don’t see a decline in his health 

Elizabeth Francis: Was doing much better than I would have expected on her 114th. She is in bed in all the news articles but she does supposedly spend a lot of time in a wheelchair which is good. According to Ben Meyers is still fully “there” mentally. She could potentially live another year (or maybe more?), which she in fact says she plans on doing in a certain recent article 

Ethel Caterham: Has always been quite strong physically, but also has declined a bit. She might be able to stand because every photo of her is in an armchair but who knows. There’s no interviews with her I’ve seen. Hopefully she becomes the oldest “Ethel” ever in a few months and also oldest Brit in the 21st century. Maybe she could do 115, who knows 

Okagi Hayashi: Has declined fairly slowly in the past few years. Is smiling in every photo which is a good sign although she looked a tiny bit worse last year. We’ll see how she’s doing next week assuming she gets to her birthday. Probably the most likely case to become last Japanese born in 1900s decade 

Pearl Berg: Has been on oxygen regularly since at least February, spends most of her time in bed. Still she’s not doing that bad. Hopefully new updates come in October (she shares a birthday with Jimmy Carter, we’ll see if either of them make it). Within the next week she will beat Kristal and Goldie Michelson and become the 3rd oldest Jew

Just curious. What are your thoughts on Unvalidated Supercentenarians or Supercentenarians not in the top 10? I'd like to hear your predictions on João Da Missanga, Batuli Lamichhane, Elias Chavez Alvarez, Santos Cruz Flores, Maria Rita Pereira, Isabel Camacho Quiros, Reuben Sinclair...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FasuTutsami said:

I think she has a decent chance at making 117 but 117.5 or 118 is less likely.

You don’t say.

58 minutes ago, Sean said:

Based on this photo I think you are overestimating Ethel Caterhams potential.She is visibly jaundiced in this photo from her birthday this week I know she has vitiligo by the looks of it but its definitely jaundice in her face.Doubt she will see Christmas.

Ethel_Caterham_114th.png

The gold is from the reflection of the balloons. If you watch the video from the same insta post she isn’t gold. Her hands do have dark areas on them. I don’t know much about how bad that would be for her. But I can see how she’s gotten weaker like you are saying. I think that Ethel seems to have a “strong” look to her no matter how much she declines even if that doesn’t actually increase her lifespan 

19 minutes ago, lay_kulast95 said:

Just curious. What are your thoughts on Unvalidated Supercentenarians or Supercentenarians not in the top 10? I'd like to hear your predictions on João Da Missanga, Batuli Lamichhane, Elias Chavez Alvarez, Santos Cruz Flores, Maria Rita Pereira, Isabel Camacho Quiros, Reuben Sinclair...

I’m not that familiar with the unvalidated people but, the only picture of Missanga I see is at 110, I’d say he looks fine. Elias doesn’t look too good by appearance but looking at the photos he’s probably in okay health. Batuli is probably in moderate health, although if she actually is 120 then she’d be in great health for that age. Marita Camacho Quiros and Reuben Sinclair are in fairly good health.

8 minutes ago, FasuTutsami said:

The gold is from the reflection of the balloons. If you watch the video from the same insta post she isn’t gold. Her hands do have dark areas on them. I don’t know much about how bad that would be for her. But I can see how she’s gotten weaker like you are saying. I think that Ethel seems to have a “strong” look to her no matter how much she declines even if that doesn’t actually increase her lifespan 

That video was from last year.Definitely jaundiced.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

That video was from last year.Definitely jaundiced.

We’ll if that’s her actual skin colour now that’s not a good sign 

Move over Betty White there’s a new Golden Girl in town

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FasuTutsami said:

Could have another two or three years left in her, or another two or three days. Who knows with this one.

Jimmy Carter ? 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Jimmy Carter ? 

“My grandfather is in hospice will die in a few days”

lives another 6+ months 

4 hours ago, FasuTutsami said:

The top 5 has been strong. It has stayed the same since Randon's death (17 January). 

Maria was always a strong SC with good potential and indeed she surpassed all 116ers from South / Mediterranean Europe (Jeanne Bot, Maria Giuseppa Robucci, Ana Maria Vela Rubio, Giuseppina Projetto). She has good care, her family is active in social media, and she remains in good condition despite some decline so 117 is possible but we know that it is a very exceptional age, very difficult to reach. I think if she reaches 117 she also has many chances to reach 117.5 because summer is less dangerous for SCs

Fusa Tatsumi has been in very frail condition since at least 3.5 years ago but she remains stable like we have seen with other Japanese female SCs. She always gave me off the vibes of Tajima as a case and she is indeed becoming a new Nabi Tajima.

I don't think Eddie Ceccareli's dementia is immediately necessarily dangerous for her. Obviously it's a negative aspect like her physical decline which is not a good sign but still she is quite strong physically for her age.

Tomiko Itooka was in miraculous condition as an old woman, as a centenarian and as an early supercentenarian. It is a shame to see that she has somewhat declined but she is still strong and surely much stronger than many other Japanese SCs... She also has a wealthy background and good care.

Inah is another former very strong case with some decline due to advancing age. It would be interesting to see her getting far, given that another nun made it at the top 4 of the oldest people ..

• Like 1

Juan Vicente Perez Mora and Ethel Caterham are reversing the trends of struggling male extreme longevity and struggling UK extreme longevity.

Charlotte Kretschmann (pending validation) seems by far the strongest living person of the 1900s. Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if someone frailer outlived her especially if Japanese. Okagi Hayashi could be such a person as she is also quite strong.

5 minutes ago, Hanzem said:

Charlotte Kretschmann (pending validation) seems by far the strongest living person of the 1900s. Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if someone frailer outlived her especially if Japanese. Okagi Hayashi could be such a person as she is also quite strong.

I agree with you about Charlotte. But given the mortality rates and the fact that she is “outnumbered” the chance of her actually becoming the last survivor is not too high. I wonder, how’s that GRG validation going anyways?

• Like 1

Who do you guys think are the strongest cases of 1910, and also which if the “younger” SCs do you think have the most potential? Catherina van der Linden definitely stands out to me as one as she still works out at the gym, Herlda Senhouse is in my opinion probably the best-looking person in early 1911 as she gave a full interview earlier this year and can still stand/walk as far as I know 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FasuTutsami said:

Who do you guys think are the strongest cases of 1910, and also which if the “younger” SCs do you think have the most potential? Catherina van der Linden definitely stands out to me as one as she still works out at the gym, Herlda Senhouse is in my opinion probably the best-looking person in early 1911 as she gave a full interview earlier this year and can still stand/walk as far as I know 

Clarabell Demers (1910) and Milly Skjordahl (1913).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beltranesss said:

Clarabell Demers (1910) and Milly Skjordahl (1913).

Milly is definitely one of the best-looking people born in 1913

1910 doesn’t really have any “stand-out” candidates at least in my opinion, especially following the deaths of Eusebio, Levy, and Avila. The US cohort is not doing so well with only 3 (Demers being in the best condition although one lady is anonymous). Italy is doing quite well with the same amount of people as US. Japan is doubling both of them. We’ll see how it all ends up in the next few years 

• Like 2

Elisabelle Lallemand was the oldest person born in Réunion, was born on 14/Feb/1912 in the village of La Riviere-Saint-Louis in Saint-Louis, died in Ruoms, Ardeche, Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes, France, on 24 August 2023, also being the oldest person living in the Ardeche region

Oldest person born in Réunion is now unknown

Avis de décès de Marie-Elisabelle LALLEMAND paru le 27/08/2023 dans Le Dauphiné Libéré - département Ardèche - Libra Memoria

title-1676411255.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like the grim reaper has been photographed taking her away in person.

• Haha 11
  • Shocked 1

Augusta Pellet of France died on 26 August 2023 at 110. She was born on 3 July 1913 and was the 25th oldest person in France

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FasuTutsami said:

Augusta Pellet of France died on 26 August 2023 at 110. She was born on 3 July 1913 and was the 25th oldest person in France

So not even the slightest bit notable, then.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Angry 1

9 hours ago, TQR said:

So not even the slightest bit notable, then.

Ok are only notable SC deaths allowed on this chat didn’t realize that. I’ll serve out my sentence in the deathlist gulag 
For your information she was the oldest person ever to have her name “Augusta Pellet”. Choose any random British lady celebrating her 112th birthday today and you’ll find she is not the oldest person to have her name 

Also I think she is the latest-born person as of now to die at 110 (only had birthday last month) which I guess is something but obviously another person born later will die soon 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3