Mr Stats

World's Oldest

8 hours ago, Master Obit said:

It's not really known with certainty who it is. The people I've spoken to who are actually involved in all the validations do seem to believe it's plausibly this guy: https://gerontology.fandom.com/wiki/Alvaro_Jose_De_Souza 

There's enough documentation for him that they know he's either that age or very close, but they can't conclusively prove his exact age.

It'll likely be announced as Sonobe.

I believe that if it is not Gisaburo, Josias de Oliveira will be recognized, if the family members send the documentation to the GWR, I would not bet on Álvaro, but it is also possible, for now the oldest validated is Gisaburo, but the GWR announces it, So you have to wait for officialization and study the documentation

https://gerontology.fandom.com/wiki/Josias_de_Oliveira

John Tinniswood now the oldest validated man, but validation process will probably start for Josias de Oliveira. Also Shi Ping could be older than Tinniswood.

• Like 3

UK has the oldest man in the world whoop whoop!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Trome said:

Gisaburo Sonobe who was the most potential candidate for the WOLM title after the death of Juan Vicente, it turned out that he died on March 31.

https://longeviquest.com/2024/04/gisaburo-sonobe-japans-oldest-man-dies-at-112/

At least he died on March 31 and not some 20 years earlier, as was the case with a certain Sogen Kato.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadboy999 said:

UK has the oldest man in the world whoop whoop!

I think it's highly unlikely that John Tinniswood is truly the oldest living man. He's only a little above 111.5, which would be very low for the titleholder. I think in reality he's probably more like 3rd or 4th.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drol said:

John Tinniswood now the oldest validated man, but validation process will probably start for Josias de Oliveira. Also Shi Ping could be older than Tinniswood.

Shi Ping was supposedly born 01/11/1912. Even if true, he isn't older. Alvaro Jose de Souza almost certainly is, Josias de Oliviera could be but I'm not sure if there's really any documentation for him.

Just now, Master Obit said:

Shi Ping was supposedly born 01/11/1912. Even if true, he isn't older. Alvaro Jose de Souza almost certainly is, Josias de Oliviera could be but I'm not sure if there's really any documentation for him.

There's controversy on that. According to most sources he was born on 01/11/11, but Shanghai census always gave 01/11/12 as a date. I don't doubt about his age.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, drol said:

There's controversy on that. According to most sources he was born on 01/11/11, but Shanghai census always gave 01/11/12 as a date. I don't doubt about his age.

We ultimately settled for 1912 on Wiki. The reason being that 1911 could have been spawned as a confusion over his age according to East Asia age reckoning.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, drol said:

While we don't officially have the decision, for now John Tinniswood is the 3rd oldest man in the world who is British, the first since Henry Allingham who was between 19 June 2009 and 18 July 2009, the oldest man in Japan is now born Shiro Yamazaki On 18 June 1913, he lives in Kanagawa and is only the 51st oldest person in Japan

• Like 1

On 08/01/2024 at 08:25, drol said:

Lorenzo Cayunao Milan died in March 2023 according to 110 club chat. Fauja moving another spot up.

Lorenzo Cayunao Milan wasn't dead in March 2023, but coincidentally he died in March 2024, at least that's what this post says:

Tio Lorenzo, un hombre sureño mapuche falleció... - Alejandro Merino | Facebook

It's official, John Tinniswood is the oldest man in the world recognized by the GWR, he was an accountant for Shell and BP in his life and retired in 1972, and his diet consists of fish and chips every Friday, he born in Liverpool and lives at The Hollies nursing home in Southport, Merseyside. In the Second World War, Tinniswood's limited vision confined him to an administrative role within the Royal Army Pay Corps.

John Tinniswood (1912-Presente) - Página 2 - O Clube 110 (the110club.com)

37AE5DD0-5BA9-4E75-B559-DD12FBE9CEA4.jpeg (62.56KiB)7EBC73CC-0E93-4D5D-B040-78C9C455FE86.jpeg (108KiB)

• Like 12

GWR didn't hang around did they? The announcement of the death of Sonobe was literally this morning. Which means they literally printed off the certificate immediately after and hotfooted it over to Merseyside.

• Like 4

Elisabeth Wallhäuser was born on January 23, 1915 in Brünn, Moravia, Austria-Hungary, now Brno, Czech Republic
She was the oldest living person born in the Czech Republic
Now the oldest person born in the Czech Republic alive is an anonymous woman born between June and August 1916, and lives in the Olomuc region, not much information is available about her

https://www.merkur.de/bayern/schwaben/allgaeu/memmingen-aelteste-memmingerin-verstorben-elisabeth-wallhaeuser-109-jahre-trauer-buergerstift-92983474.html

Elisabeth Wallhauser (†)

• Like 1

On 04/04/2024 at 09:58, diego said:

While we don't officially have the decision, for now John Tinniswood is the 3rd oldest man in the world who is British, the first since Henry Allingham who was between 19 June 2009 and 18 July 2009, the oldest man in Japan is now born Shiro Yamazaki On 18 June 1913, he lives in Kanagawa and is only the 51st oldest person in Japan

It turns out that Shiro Yamazaki has not been confirmed to be alive since October 1, 2023, and this has now been discovered, and the oldest man in Japan continues to be from Kanagawa, he is Tomisaburo Wakui born on November 28, 1913 and lives in Atsugi, in his In his youth, he worked as a tuna seller in Tsukiji Uogashi in Tokyo, and tuna remains his favorite food even in old age. He is the 55th oldest person in Japan

Shiro Yamazaki (1913 - fl. 2023) - O Clube 110 (the110club.com)

• Like 2

The oldest living woman in Colombia was an anonymous lady resident of the department of Bolivar born on 8 Jan 1914, she died on 29 Mar 2024
Now the oldest known living woman from Colombia is Delia Maria Solano born on 13 Jan 1914 in the province of Atlantico, where she still lives

N / A - LongeviQuest

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Have a decent Wiki page too.

Maybe I’m just sick as fuck but would’ve been interesting to see one of them die and the other live on for several more years. 

33 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

@Death Impends I have George Schappell a former DDP pick last picked in 2019: https://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2019/celebs_S.html#schapg

And Lori Schappell last picked in 2018: https://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2018/celebs_S.html#schapl

I wonder why they only picked the one in 2019?

Anyhow, both List of the Missed.

Just now, YoungWillz said:

I wonder why they only picked the one in 2019?

George Schappell was trans, Lori wasn't, and Spade ran a trans theme team that year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of conjoined twins, Abby and Brittany Hensel were papped a few days ago after it was revealed one of them is married:

https://people.com/conjoined-twins-abby-and-brittany-hensel-spotted-out-after-wedding-photo-8630068

I can see them living to the Schappells' age.

Just now, Death Impends said:

George Schappell was trans, Lori wasn't, and Spade ran a trans theme team that year.

Aha!

Amazing. Solves that mystery straight away though. Thanks.

35 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Speaking of conjoined twins, Abby and Brittany Hensel were papped a few days ago after it was revealed one of them is married:

https://people.com/conjoined-twins-abby-and-brittany-hensel-spotted-out-after-wedding-photo-8630068

Married?! That guy’s a kinky bastard. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

I am always learning new things on the deathlist forums.  When I first saw the verb "papped" in this quote I thought "What does that mean?  Did they get a pap smear?"  When I looked it up I saw that it means taking an unauthorized picture of a celebrity.

• Like 3