Cowboy Ronnie

Formula 1 & Other Motor Racing

FIA scrutiny to ensure McLaren play fair on Oct 21st. So, if Ron Dennis wants his man to win, he'll have to poison Alonso.

The above was

, mind.

Well, thank goodness for that.

A worthy title winner, who wins the title by winning on the track in a perfectly legal car & without running anybody off.

Although I feel a little sorry for Lewis, I could only guffaw at the sight of Ron "Cheat" Dennis utterly dejected at the end of the race.

Hopefully, another of F1's less nicer people, Ralf Schumacher has driven in his last GP. We shall see.

Oh, for the crash fans, Kazuki Nakajima ran over two of his mechanics. A fine start to what will be a stellar career I am sure. :(

I can't wait for next season, if only because to erase this season, which, Kimi's quite astonishing comeback, not withstanding, has been one of the poorest & controversial of recent years.

Well, thank goodness for that.

A worthy title winner, who wins the title by winning on the track in a perfectly legal car & without running anybody off.

Although I feel a little sorry for Lewis, I could only guffaw at the sight of Ron "Cheat" Dennis utterly dejected at the end of the race.

Hopefully, another of F1's less nicer people, Ralf Schumacher has driven in his last GP. We shall see.

Oh, for the crash fans, Kazuki Nakajima ran over two of his mechanics. A fine start to what will be a stellar career I am sure. :(

I can't wait for next season, if only because to erase this season, which, Kimi's quite astonishing comeback, not withstanding, has been one of the poorest & controversial of recent years.

Good summary OoO, particularly on Dennis and McLaren after the spying. Hamilton will get another chance unlike Stirling Moss who never did take the championship.

OoO

Do you subscribe to any of the conspiracy theories doing the rounds that McLaren didn't dare let one of the drivers win? Personally I don't, but their inept decision making over the last two races regarding young Lewis does somewhat smack of the same level of incompetence that was witnessed in the tyre change that cost Eddie Irvine any hope of the world title.

OoO

Do you subscribe to any of the conspiracy theories doing the rounds that McLaren didn't dare let one of the drivers win?

No.

One, it's not their style.

Two, why cheat & then throw away the title deliberately? It doesn't make any sense.

Three, because neither of their drivers won the title, they now start in the last garage in the pitlane, currently occupied by Super Aguri. It means less VIP area, less pit space & a major disadvantage coming both into & out of the pits. I can't see that they would that on purpose.

Aye, me too.

But...did Ferrari f**k up Irvine's chances because - given the massive investment in the man - only Schumi would do as their first champion since Jody Schekter?

Again, I'm struggling with that notion but that pitstop.......a disgrace!

Couldn't McLaren have had Lewis pull into the pits when he was in 8th place and get out of his car, then tell Alonso to pit, have Ron Dennis knock him out with a spanner, get Lewis to hop into Alonso's car, and finish where he was running, i.e. 5th or better, and win the title that way?

Surely that would be no more of a cheat than what happens in the typical week of F1.

Couldn't McLaren have had Lewis pull into the pits when he was in 8th place and get out of his car, then tell Alonso to pit, have Ron Dennis knock him out with a spanner, get Lewis to hop into Alonso's car, and finish where he was running, i.e. 5th or better, and win the title that way?

Surely that would be no more of a cheat than what happens in the typical week of F1.

Used to happen that way - without the spanner to the head - in the fifties.

Here's the spanner.

Gordon Brown, All Blacks, Lewis Hamilton, there's been more choking recently than in a Sylvia Saint movie ...

Gordon Brown, All Blacks, Lewis Hamilton, there's been more choking recently than in a Sylvia Saint movie ...

Lewis Hamilton is turning into a right tit.

Running away from the taxman and his fans to Switzerland after a few good months (even if it was followed by the worst case of choking seen in formula 1).

Hope he'll be happy counting the cows and his money.

Guest Bruce Dickinson
Lewis Hamilton is turning into a right tit.

Running away from the taxman and his fans to Switzerland after a few good months (even if it was followed by the worst case of choking seen in formula 1).

Hope he'll be happy counting the cows and his money.

Perhaps he just needed more cowbell.

Fernando goes, no surprise there then. So he's back at Renault, Lewis is number 1 officially, not that Ron Dennis and his mob are usually tacky enough to say such things. Who is the new number 2? There was loads of speculation about people prepared to break contracts for that seat; Webber, Button....mebbe OoO has an inside track on this.

Fernando goes, no surprise there then. So he's back at Renault, Lewis is number 1 officially, not that Ron Dennis and his mob are usually tacky enough to say such things. Who is the new number 2? There was loads of speculation about people prepared to break contracts for that seat; Webber, Button....mebbe OoO has an inside track on this.

I thought the hot tip was Kovalainen in a straight swap.

Sylvia Saint? What, is it 1997 all over again? Or maybe YIA's showing his age a bit.....

Sylvia Saint? What, is it 1997 all over again? Or maybe YIA's showing his age a bit.....

I'd never heard of her. Now if he'd have said Linda Lovelace.... but that would be showing my age a bit.

Aye, but there's rumours all the time. BBC News are currently reporting that Alonso is more likely to go to Red Bull than Renault.

OoO will know, right?

Aye, but there's rumours all the time. BBC News are currently reporting that Alonso is more likely to go to Red Bull than Renault.

OoO will know, right?

Kovalainen straight swap is THE most likely by some way, and what's more, it's apparently already been agreed, as long ago as September.

However, Renault would then NOT promote Nelson Angelo Piquet due to pressure from Piquet Sr vs Alonso & Alonso vs. heavily backed youngsters, so they will keep Fisichella.

That would then confirm Glock & Trulli at Toyota.

Least that's how I understand it.

The other likely possibility is de la Rosa being promoted to the 2nd race drive, mainly because McLaren have a lot of Spanish business backing & would be keen to keep at least some of it & also because PDLR can be a good back-up & support to Hamilton. Alonso could then join Toyota & Glock would go to Williams.

Red Bull and Renault are the favourites to sign him, and BBC Sport understands Red Bull are the more likely option.

So the BBC are wrong, then. Any idea where this story came from?

Red Bull and Renault are the favourites to sign him, and BBC Sport understands Red Bull are the more likely option.

So the BBC are wrong, then. Any idea where this story came from?

Briatore manages Webber. He also runs Renault. So goes the thinking, that if Kovalainen goes, then Webber goes to Renault & Alonso to Red Bull if Alonso doesn't want the Renault drive.

I see it as unlikely. It's either most likely, Renault or Toyota. But who knows? There's stranger things that have happened in the past.

Don't rule out Kubica, Sutil, Paffett, Rosberg or Button in that 2nd McLaren seat just yet.

Kubica and Hamilton vs the Ferrari boys in a for way title fight...that'd be worth tuning in for.

I think the lady who invented double anal deserves to be remembered.