Cowboy Ronnie

Formula 1 & Other Motor Racing

I think the lady who invented double anal deserves to be remembered.

Don't people still talk about Mary Magdalene?

Gordon Brown, All Blacks, Lewis Hamilton, there's been more choking recently than in a Sylvia Saint movie ...

Sylvia Saint? What, is it 1997 all over again? Or maybe YIA's showing his age a bit.....

I think the lady who invented double anal deserves to be remembered.

Double! Blimey, her excrement would have been like bloody medicine balls!

One of those office debates I thought might get answered if I posted the question here. Who is currently The Stig?

Somebody swears his name is Ben Collins, someone else says they rotate a number of Stigs of similar size and weight. Anyone - like - know the truth?

One of those office debates I thought might get answered if I posted the question here. Who is currently The Stig?

Somebody swears his name is Ben Collins, someone else says they rotate a number of Stigs of similar size and weight. Anyone - like - know the truth?

It could well be Damon Hill because he has a house only a stone's throw from Dunsfold airfield where they film Top Gear.

Not sure about Damon, he's a surprisingly busy boy and might struggle with all of The Stig's filming. But the Top Gear lot were a bit evasive about whether The Stig was an F1 driver. There was that odd little 'might be' comment.

Not sure about Damon, he's a surprisingly busy boy and might struggle with all of The Stig's filming. But the Top Gear lot were a bit evasive about whether The Stig was an F1 driver. There was that odd little 'might be' comment.

I reckon it's Julian Bailey, mate of Perry McCarthy (the ex-stig). I've not read of him doing an awful lot else lately, unlike Hill.

That would be this guy then. I had a hunch the new Stig would've been younger, especially given his speed compared to the likes of Lewis Hamilton and Mark Webber. But Lawro knows his motorsports. And the Daily Express grassed him, according to the Wiki article and Top Gear didn't comment.

I'm sure I read somewhere that not all car owners will allow someone else to drive their car, so sometimes the Stig is a different person. I'm guessing that the regular Stig is Damon Hill, Hill drove a yellow lamborghini (his?) in the gumball rally followed by an episode of Top Gear featuring the Stig driving a very similar car.

Tenuous? Yes, I know. :(

Ben Collins, someone in the office swears he is the main Stig and they use others - like from an acting agency - for shots like the public transport journey through London.

I reckon it's Julian Bailey, mate of Perry McCarthy (the ex-stig). I've not read of him doing an awful lot else lately, unlike Hill.

Good call Lawro, I can well believe its Julian Bailey since he was a rapid driver that never got a good car in F1 and that counted for so much then. Also being "a less famous" F1 driver would explain how under the wraps they could keep a secret for so long.

Ha ha, after all the hype Lewser Hamilton ends the year winning nothing, not even BBC SPOTY.

How many of these even appeared on the BBC in 2007?

Who thinks he lost out because he:

1) choked away the F1 title

2) constantly bickered with his own team mate, including reneging on an agreement about driving tactics

3) was part of a team that got caught cheating

4) sodded off to Switzerland to live in a bank vault

Not so much 1(The Rugby team won the team award despite coming 2nd) , probably not 2, probably 3 and most definately 4.

2) constantly bickered with his own team mate, including reneging on an agreement about driving tactics

Not so much 1(The Rugby team won the team award despite coming 2nd) , probably not 2, probably 3 and most definately 4.

Hamilton is turning into a real Number Two - in both senses.

- choked the F1 championship

- F1 team was disqualified

- beaten by Mansell in the Top Gear challenge :( LMFAO at that one

- lost the BBC award to a representative of a sport not seen on TV for over a decade (except still pictures and satellite channels)

He wouldn't even be Sports Personality of the Year in his new country Switzerland as they have Federer.

However he has no competitor for the title of Smug Overhyped Git of 2007.

- lost the BBC award to a representative of a sport not seen on TV for over a decade (except still pictures and satellite channels)

I thought they had boxing on ITV on Saturday night. And surely Olumpic boxing is shown on the Beeb. But I know what you mean. I don't know why Sky doesn't pay the Beeb a boatload and take over the show. They have 80% of the sports featured, ITV has the rest. They should do their own show and refuse to release any highlights to the Beeb.

Fernando goes, no surprise there then. So he's back at Renault, Lewis is number 1 officially, not that Ron Dennis and his mob are usually tacky enough to say such things. Who is the new number 2? There was loads of speculation about people prepared to break contracts for that seat; Webber, Button....mebbe OoO has an inside track on this.

I thought the hot tip was Kovalainen in a straight swap.

Hot tip confirmed.

Hamilton has found another car with some pace....caught speeding ;)

Orgasmatron of a site for people with a ghoulish fascination with high speed death, by way of 'tribute' to those losing their lives in motorsports accidents this site packs a plethora of vivid descriptions of their final moments.

Speaking of orgasmatrons there's a cracking front page on the News of the World today blowing (heh heh) Max Mosley's cover. The man likes nowt more than sado-masochistic orgies where he barks orders in German, dresses accordingly and whips hookers. Doubt he'll die, or even lose his career as a result of the story, but thought I'd share it with the group.

For those not up on Max's life, his dad was UK Fascist supremo Sir Oswald Mosley and Max has been involved in controlling F1 for decades.

Speaking of orgasmatrons there's a cracking front page on the News of the World today blowing (heh heh) Max Mosley's cover. The man likes nowt more than sado-masochistic orgies where he barks orders in German, dresses accordingly and whips hookers. Doubt he'll die, or even lose his career as a result of the story, but thought I'd share it with the group.

For those not up on Max's life, his dad was UK Fascist supremo Sir Oswald Mosley and Max has been involved in controlling F1 for decades.

I had no idea Max Mosely was even related to Oswald, let alone being his son! You learn something every day...

I had no idea Max Mosely was even related to Oswald, let alone being his son! You learn something every day...

Also, Max's mother was Diana Mitford, one of the famously fascist Mitford family..

Max Mosley, in my opinion, is a shady and disreputable figure who conceals this with a veneer of charm and urbanity. His conduct in numerous spheres of life has been questionable. This, I believe, stems from the fact he really wanted to be a politician. Sadly for Max, his surname was always against him.

Orgasmatron of a site for people with a ghoulish fascination with high speed death, by way of 'tribute' to those losing their lives in motorsports accidents this site packs a plethora of vivid descriptions of their final moments.

Just noticed your comments on this site, to which I am a contributor. That wasn't what the web-site was set up for at all (hence no tacky pictures or video links), and if anything is completely the opposite to the normal stuff you post on here.

It's actually a valuable research project & trying, somewhat valiantly, to fill the gaps in, involving most of the noted motorsport historians around today. If people have perished in motorsport, it is the very least to fill the gaps in & make these people PEOPLE rather than mere statistics. It is also a reminder that motorsport is still dangerous, as new entries are being filled in year after year.

But of course there will always be snide comments like the one above. I guess you were disappointed that there was no video links for you to "enjoy". :skull:

Leslie was from Annan - Scottish as they came. He'll be rolling in his grave (if he was in one) to say someone was claiming him as English!

Never claimed Leslie as English, just a 'borderer' which he was happy to exploit being southern Scots and running his place in Carlisle.

Re the link above, there's plenty of video elsewhere for those of us wanting to warm our hands on the screen. It's kind of obvious why the site was set up but it's also the case that some of the entries - especially on the more obscure US deaths - consist of basic biography and a vivid description of the circumstances of death. Maybe death in motor sports is in there with UFOs as a subject with a consistent need of rescue from its most ardent fans.

Two racing drivers, Richard Lloyd and David Leslie, have died in a plane crash in Farnborough.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7321589.stm

Oh for goodness sake, what a crappy year this is.

Lloyd wasn't a driver as such (he was years ago though, in touring cars), but he was a long-time team boss - spent over 30 years in the sport. David Leslie, however, was one of Britain's longest-serving & most popular touring car drivers of the modern era. Came extremely close to driving in Formula 1 aeons ago too.

Every private plane crash I start to think if someone in motor racing is involved.. with McRae & now Leslie, I'll keep thinking that.

RIP. :):rip:

Don't under any circumstances let racing drivers pilot aeroplanes!

Don't under any circumstances let racing drivers pilot aeroplanes!

Quite a few racing drivers have died flying (or rather crashing) planes : Graham Hill, Tony Brise (on the same plane as Hill), Carlos Pace, David Purley, 3-time Le Mans winner Al Holbert to name but five...