Lady Die

Duchess of Kent

Cheers.

And, in thanks, here's a picture of the Duchess of Kent with Steffi Graf at the Wimbledon Ladies Final in 1996 taken by my good self.

241954586_wimbledon0025(2).jpg.a431afe488577dbcac4bc2563d9c90ab.jpg

A notable absentee at Lady Gabriellas wedding at the weekend was her Aunt the Duchess of Kent who I believe also missed Princess Eugenies wedding. 

Perhaps a significant ominous sign. Perhaps not... 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

A notable absentee at Lady Gabriellas wedding at the weekend was her Aunt the Duchess of Kent who I believe also missed Princess Eugenies wedding. 

Perhaps a significant ominous sign. Perhaps not... 

I take that as ominous - Eugenie was an extended relative but Gabriella is her niece and I believe the Kent's are close.

She needs to be considered for next's year list.

• Like 2

The Duchess of Kent was one of the senior royals who was absent from the Buckingham Palace balcony today for trooping of the colour. She has been a regular attendee in recent years so her absence might be noteworthy. 

Another regular attendee who was absent this year was her sister in law and the Queens cousin Princess Alexandra.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

The Duchess of Kent was one of the senior royals who was absent from the Buckingham Palace balcony today for trooping of the colour. She has been a regular attendee in recent years so her absence might be noteworthy. 

Another regular attendee who was absent this year was her sister in law and the Queens cousin Princess Alexandra.

The duchess needs to be be on the list I think for next year.

Princess Alexandra attended an engagement on Thursday in Cornwall so maybe she is still down there. Looks well for 82.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/royal-visit-royal-cornwall-show-2948586

• Thanks 2